What's new

Your worst spite

AidanCKY

Mega Poster
Xcelerator at knotts

that thing is closed everytime i go to knotts, every.freakin.time
I feel lucky I got to ride it a few times on my one and only visit to that park then!

Flashing back to the 90s, Bullet at Flamingo Land was a bugger to get on. Spited many times

Matt N

CF Legend
I got spited by Tigris at Busch Gardens Tampa on my recent trip to Florida. I’m glad it wasn’t Iron Gwazi that spited, but I would still have liked to experience my first Premier Rides Sky Rocket II, particularly after finding Ice Breaker a very pleasant surprise earlier in the trip!

This isn’t a coaster, but I was also a bit disappointed to be spited by Cliff Hanger at Flamingo Land on my trip there on Monday. I’m a big fan of a drop tower, and I’d heard that this one was supposed to be good!

AidanCKY

Mega Poster
I got spited by Tigris at Busch Gardens Tampa on my recent trip to Florida. I’m glad it wasn’t Iron Gwazi that spited, but I would still have liked to experience my first Premier Rides Sky Rocket II, particularly after finding Ice Breaker a very pleasant surprise earlier in the trip!

This isn’t a coaster, but I was also a bit disappointed to be spited by Cliff Hanger at Flamingo Land on my trip there on Monday. I’m a big fan of a drop tower, and I’d heard that this one was supposed to be good!
It's funny how people can have such opposite opinions with these things. I rode ice breaker last month and found it so disappointing. The claustrophobic uncomfortable trains just ruined my experience of that coaster. I hated it entirely.

Whereas cliffhanger always impressed me with its combo mode, the drop always gives me that crazy gut feeling

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Flying Turns at Knoebels. Worst thing is it was operating the day before for an RCCGB event, but the park weren't opening it normally due to lack of staff (apparently).

Possessed at Dorney too. Not that major, but a ride I was looking forward to tbh.

Matt N

CF Legend
It's funny how people can have such opposite opinions with these things. I rode ice breaker last month and found it so disappointing. The claustrophobic uncomfortable trains just ruined my experience of that coaster. I hated it entirely.

Whereas cliffhanger always impressed me with its combo mode, the drop always gives me that crazy gut feeling
I found the trains hard to get into and out of, admittedly, but I actually found the restraints perfectly fine when I was sat down and in them; they didn’t detract from the actual ride for me, unlike with something like Colossus where the restraints are both claustrophobic to get into and out of and also horribly detractive during the ride itself.

I would have loved to have done Cliffhanger; I love a good drop tower!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
4 1/2 years and 3 attempts later, Lightning Rod still evades me.
So I can probably retire this as worst spite (despite still not having been on Lightning Rod), and swap for:

Mission Ferrari - As some of you are aware, I had the chance to visit Abu Dhabi for work in January and hit up Ferrari World and Warner Bros. Abu Dhabi on the way out. Mission Ferrari had officially opened the day prior to my visit. Despite possible hopes, it was not meant to be for my visit, as the coaster was closed the entire day. Not much love loss on this, as the coaster wasn't announced to be opening until after I booked the travel, so wasn't original expecting a shot at riding - and still got to do all the other rides!

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I missed Steel Curtain at Kennywood on Sunday....5 years after missing it it's opening season 🙃
One day I'll get to ride it, maybe

cookie

Giga Poster
From my April 2023 UK trip:

IMG_3732 (1).JPG
IMG_3772.JPG
IMG_3853.JPG

And this fair at Brent Cross was closed for the day due to high winds. Had a Zamperla spinning mouse and a few kiddie creds.

IMG_3948.JPG

Have had surprisingly bad luck with spinning mice in general between the Brent Cross closure and the one at Foire du Midi in Brussels disappearing from the fair before the event was even over. Fortunately, I got on the two in Denmark (and made the one at Friheden my 200th) without any issues.

Now for a spite that's not actually a spite but just me being unreasonably salty: I was dead set on making Fonix at Fårup Sommerland my first credit of the day, but the park was hit by a thunderstorm just before opening and so it was left at a standstill for half an hour. This was the sign at 9.37 A.M:

IMG_4212.JPG

The strange thing was the sign started displaying the queue time at 9.41, but nothing happened still. No testing, no crew on site, nothing.

IMG_4214.JPG

By 9.55 I gave up and did the nearby Vekomas instead since they were up and running. Of course, Fonix conveniently opened up just minutes later.

Last edited:
I was at Carowinds about 2 weeks after the crack on Fury. I watched them replace the support on Fury and test the day that I left Charlotte. Was kind of cool to watch the technical side of things, but just sad to watch it test.

Strathven

Roller Poster
I was able to go to Magic Springs in 2017 while visiting family, and Arkansas Twister was down for the day. I still had an amazing time--really gave me an appreciation for smaller parks!--but it was disappointing to miss out on the biggest coaster at the park. I'm hoping to go back sometime!

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I was able to go to Magic Springs in 2017 while visiting family, and Arkansas Twister was down for the day. I still had an amazing time--really gave me an appreciation for smaller parks!--but it was disappointing to miss out on the biggest coaster at the park. I'm hoping to go back sometime!
It was down for my trip as well, and from what I hear that’s a very common occurrence.

Trax

Hyper Poster
As a kid, my uncle took me to a theme park once a year. As we lived quite close, and this was one of my first theme parks, I was in love with Warner Bros. Movie World (nowadays Movie park). As kids are, this park was the greatest, grandest and best theme park there is and will ever be. AND they had Wild Wild West which I used to love as a kid. No, it wasn't even close to be as bad as Bandit is today.
Therefore, when my uncle suggested in 2000 to go to Phantasialand instead, I was nearly fighting him to still go to Warner Bros. Unfortunately, he finally gave in and we went to Warner Bros. instead. 1 year later, both Schwarzkopfs burned down.
Until this day, I hate myself for refusing to visit Phantaisaland as it would have given me 2 beloved counts.

j-cat5

Roller Poster
Well as a massive Intamin fanboy I flew all the way out to Helsinki and made a whole holiday of it, largely to ride Taiga at Linnanmaki. I only got one ride on the darn thing as it was down for the entire day that I went there from about 30 minutes after opening..... that's gotta be a pretty bad spite surely.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
I only got one ride on the darn thing as it was down for the entire day that I went there from about 30 minutes after opening..... that's gotta be a pretty bad spite surely.
It depends on what you count as a spite, but the definition I've usually heard is if you planned to get on the ride, but you weren't able to for one reason or another, it's a spite. This would not qualify as a spite per that definition, because you did say you got one ride on it. That's better than my luck with SFSTL's Boomerang!

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
It depends on what you count as a spite, but the definition I've usually heard is if you planned to get on the ride, but you weren't able to for one reason or another, it's a spite. This would not qualify as a spite per that definition, because you did say you got one ride on it. That's better than my luck with SFSTL's Boomerang!
And better than my travelling to the UAE and not being allowed to ride Formula Rossa!