What's new

The Intimidator. B&M Hyper 2010 - Carowinds

A

Anonymous

Ok the name of this ride really hasnt come out yet, but they have already removed one of the main water rides there. Many of the rumors going around is that it is a giga coaster. Saying that they have already removed one of the main water rides in the park, they are going to start building this soon

pkiknex25

Mega Poster
Where did you hear about a giga? All I've heard is another B&M hyper like CW and KI. Plus with KD getting a giga, its impossible for another to show up at Carowinds.

EDIT: \/ True, anything's possible.

A

Anonymous

On one of these coaster news websites, they had a topic saying new giga coasters for Kings Dominion and Carowinds. And i remember the last time i went to carowinds i couldnt even find the ride. They took it down for room for another ride

A

Anonymous

Yep they already have the pieces of the track in the back of the park and they have cleared land to make it. They also found the cable lift. So they are making a giga coaster

A

Anonymous

hey im new i just made my account how do you get those banners

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Still no track at Carowinds, but I took some photos of the area & what was going on when I was there week before last.

IMG_0256Small.jpg

IMG_0257Small.jpg

IMG_0267Small.jpg

IMG_0275Small.jpg

IMG_0276Small.jpg

IMG_0284Small.jpg

IMG_0516Small.jpg

IMG_0522Small.jpg

IMG_0523Small.jpg

IMG_0528Small.jpg

IMG_0529Small.jpg

These were all taken from the observation tower, as you can't see much over the fences at ground level.
I don't think you can tell too much from these photos, other than it's going to be big but not as big as the one at Kings Dominion.
I'm still sticking with a B&M Hyper here.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
monkeyonatable said:
The only thing that makes me think it isnt B&M is that KD got Carowinds coaster by mistake at first.

Bloody enthusiasts stealing shipping notes causing the mix ups! ;)

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
okay, Carowinds could have planted this
screamscape.com
2010 - White Lightning / New Coaster - Under Construction - (7/21/09) A very interesting picture slid into my inbox this morning... one that confirms a rumor we had heard about the 2010 coaster way back in December. Yes, someone apparently found an semi-official logo for the new coaster which is going to bring back the White Lightning name.
At first I thought about not posting the photo out of fear that the photographer might 2009_0720_WhiteLightningLogo_300get in trouble, but upon a closer look at the photo itself with Photoshoped, I started to make out little indicators where it appeared that the photo itself may have been doctored. Just look at the scene in general here... everything is all set up neat and clean... every folder tab is visible and appropriate, and the logo itself is almost perfectly squared off to the camera at a near perfect and level angle. Just managing to do that by hand with a real camera, let along a small cell phone camera, is almost impossible itself without some post-production help from Photoshop. Then look at the letters in the logo... they too are squared off perfectly to the camera, especially the long running white bar along the bottom. Perfect... too perfect. Something doesn’t smell right... and if that wasn’t enough there is the over the top Post-It Note in the top left corner, saying that logo had to be revised by July 23rd, 2009. Why is that date important? Because Coaster-Stock is taking place the very next morning on July 24th.
Does this mean the photo or logo are a fake? No... I don’t think so... I’m just thinking this could have been a carefully planned “leak” on the part of Carowinds, just days out from Coaster Stock and the big announcement. In short... an attempt to create some serious buzz well in advance of the announcement, which they certainly have.
source: http://screamscape.com/html/carowinds.htm

2009_0720_WhiteLightningLogo_300.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
Oh Jeez... Why don't they call it CheapArseCider: The Ride if that name is true!

I wonder what the coaster is going to be though, its a pretty large space that isn't it?

Snoo

The Legend
Large but not really deep like we've seen for other hypers lately. I'm wondering what they are gonna do with this.

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
Okay, this is interesting
screamscape.com
2010 - Intimidator / White Lightning / New Coaster - Under Construction - (7/27/09) While there was that odd finding of a White Lightning logo at Carowinds last week, the teaser announcement the park gave to those at Coaster Stock couldn’t have been more different. For a look at the brief video teaser shown at Coaster Stock check out the end of a construction timeline progress video on YouTube. You clearly see a “checkered flag” background behind the text that leads up to the August 26th, 2009 announcement date. If that wasn’t enough a new teaser banner put up in the park also says “Record Breaking, History Making” over a tire track background.
Certainly this lends some heavy backing to the “other” big rumor I’ve heard on and off over the last 6-8 months which indicated that Carowinds may try to tap into the NASCAR mania that will sweep through Charlotte in 2010 with the opening of the NASCAR Hall of Fame. Making things more specific, one reader pointed out that an old leftover Log from the flume ride was on display to the Coaster Stock group at some point, and it was pointed out that the logs number (#3) was related somehow to the 2010 project. Putting the NASCAR rumor, the racing theme and the #3 together leads you only to once place… Dale Earnhardt Sr…. otherwise known as The Intimidator. Could this be the name or general theme of the new coaster?
SOURCE: http://screamscape.com/html/carowinds.htm

If this is true, this will be one of three things,
1)some sort of B&M that we have never seen before
2)an Intamin Accelerator
3)B&M Speed coaster a.k.a. B&M Hyper coaster

Video talked about (for the trailer skip to about 4:55)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7yprwQ8-AY[/youtube]

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Keep in mind: as long as this opens before the KD2010 project, then any assertion of regional record breaking' will be true.

Since this is pretty much confirmed to be a B&M, and the other is an Intamin, which one will open ON TIME is virtually assured.

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
rollermonkey said:
Keep in mind: as long as this opens before the KD2010 project, then any assertion of regional record breaking' will be true.

Since this is pretty much confirmed to be a B&M, and the other is an Intamin, which one will open ON TIME is virtually assured.

Its just when I hear record breaking, history making, my mind always goes to Intamin or S&S Power

Snoo

The Legend
Of course, when you talk records, it doesn't always mean world-wide monkey. It could just be the biggest the park has ever had. ;)