What's new

The Intimidator. B&M Hyper 2010 - Carowinds

Snoo

The Legend
BM2.jpg

Nothing like another red B&M to brighten our days.

http://www.carowindsconnection.com/view ... start=2543

bob_3_

Giga Poster
marc said:
Just like Silver Bullet then, should be silver really but its not.

Whitelighting should be white but its not.

Why dont parks get these things right lol.

But any idiot can paint a coaster called "Silver Bullet" ..silver. Where's the imagination is taking the obvious option. Ilove the fact they used a verity of bright colours, even the trains are mental.

I'm happy to see red track so far =P. Here's for more bright colours! whoop! DOWN WITH THE OBVIOUS!

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Theres your mystery hyper from Ohio.

Now just to work out where the yellow Beemer's going. I pick Busch...

I'm getting fed up with new red coasters... DB, Hollywood, iSpeed, Happy valley dive machine, This, KD's new one...

I'm getting fed up with new red coasters... DB, Hollywood, iSpeed, Happy valley dive machine, This, KD's new one...

Same, it seems like 80% of new coasters in the past couple of years have been red. It's a decent colour but it's a bit overused now.

Anyway, this is interesting.. I don't have much to say about it at this point though.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Red's always been a popular coaster coaster, it's the most stand-out colour. Over-used..yes, but it does catch the eye.

wash

Mega Poster
This is Cedar Fair we're talking about, they can't be expected to waste precious money in R&D during this recession on a foolhardy hunt for a color that isn't red. :roll:
Nice to finally see some track, though. I'm pretty excited for this one, but it'll probably be overshadowed by its big brother at King's Dominion.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Interesting that you bring that up. I'm more than a bit surprised that 2 of the CF parks in the same region are getting large additions at the same time...

Snoo

The Legend
I'm not. They are both former Paramount parks.. they might have thought "kill two birds with one stone."

Both were bound to get additions sooner or later.. but they are from two different companies.. and final decisions on the ride are made by the park if I'm not mistaken.. CF just does everything else..

A

Anonymous

I'm still doubting it's White Lightning. I'm going with Intimidator.

^ Interesting.

[quoet]"We see this as part of the reactivation of the Dale Earnhardt brand," DEI Exec VP & GM Jeff Steiner said this morning as he drove with Earnhardt's daughter, Taylor, to Kings Dominion for the announcement. [/quote]

Yay my name, that excited me more than the whole article :p .

pkiknex25

Mega Poster
I'm still going with White Lightning myself, especially with KD getting the Intimidator name. I don't see CF naming them both Intimidator.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Since the price of this is only $11 million USD, which is not the price of the hyper I was expecting, I am either expecting a B&M Mega-Lite or something very compact, and forceful, going back to Batman: The Ride forceful!

coasterdude_1

Mega Poster
'Record breaking, history making'

Any ideas what this is referring to... I can't really think of recent B&Ms that really go into the record breaking, history making type categories...