What's new

The Intimidator. B&M Hyper 2010 - Carowinds

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Revenge of the Mystery Crates!

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/news/3038/ ... hints.html

Cedar Fair needs to do a better job at picking up their deliveries to different parks! :wink:

Concerning the name of the coaster, Thrill Network is onto something concerning the phrase "Lightning really does strike twice!", referring to the old White Lightnin' shuttle loop the park had in the late 80s.

The coaster will not be named White Lightnin', but will be named in reference to the original ride. Kind of how Hydra: the Revenge plays off the old Hercules woodie at Dorney.

CMonster

Giga Poster
^ You have to remember, this is in North Carolina, which is Nascar Country. Plus, I'm pretty sure they are building a Nascar hall of fame somewhere near the park, so this could tie in with that. I'm sure the North Carolinian GP will love it.

Snoo

The Legend
^They are.

As much as I hate NASCAR, a ride in my Top 10 is themed after racing.. and then I do have Evel Kinevel right at #11..

Knowing how Cedar Fair themes.. it will all be gone in a matter of years anyway, no matter how good the ride is. They should just be like Millennium Force and not theme it at all.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
A NASCAR ride? Launch, into turn, into flat stretch the same length as the launch track/station/final brakes, into turn, repeat a hundred and whatnot times until the train has ran empty of momentum, then stop and unload?

Sounds boring.

Here's hoping for another Intamin, not necessarily a Giga, but a Hyper/accelerator of sorts. Still, if this is going to be big, it will be sweet either way. Good doesn't really matter, I won't be riding it any time soon either way.

So all in all, I hope for an aestethically pleasing ride, good or not.

Snoo

The Legend
Bigger doesn't always mean better Poke. ;)

And, I haven't seen many Intamin rides which don't look beautiful.. so we should be ok on that front.

tks

Strata Poster
-lofty- said:
Oh Jeez... Why don't they call it CheapArseCider: The Ride if that name is true!

Say whaaaaaaaaat?

261405514hhmUYX_ph.jpg

white.jpg

523pxglasgowyouths406dz8.jpg

Gotta ****ing love chavs.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
Anyone else think this is interesting:

http://whitelightning.carowinds.com/

Nothing really helpful but has as to be "official" in the sense it was made by Carowinds cause of the domain correct?

Another question. Did we ever discover where that yellow B&M track ended up that was at the Ohio plant last year? Never really kept up with that, there is maybe a small chance it had something to do with this.

marc

CF Legend
Just like Silver Bullet then, should be silver really but its not.

Whitelighting should be white but its not.

Why dont parks get these things right lol.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
^ I found the photo is from the Microsoft Life Without Walls, but why is Carowinds using that photo? No idea.