What's new

Worlds of Fun | Zambezi Zinger | GCI (partial) Titan Track | 2023

cocoa

Mega Poster
ooh, agreed. i'll take an original ride like this any day. good excuse to get back to KC anyway. love low-to-the-ground swoopiness for sure

Ries

Mega Poster
It seems that it need some ground clearance before testing.
That angle is something. Like the s-bend in the back. Looking good.

Sticky_T_Wicky

Roller Poster
It seems that it need some ground clearance before testing.
That angle is something. Like the s-bend in the back. Looking good.

Yeah between the ground clearance and this tunnel that looks like it is going to have the clearance of Beast's tunnel... Cannot wait to ride though as it looks fantastic.

From Facebook

Attachments

• 5E15C2AC-4C93-4F63-BD55-626D9066FE85.jpeg
    5E15C2AC-4C93-4F63-BD55-626D9066FE85.jpeg
    860.6 KB · Views: 116

MurphNation

Mega Poster
Hello Friends! I am back from the dead! I’ve been waiting for the right time to strike with loadssss of information and when I tell you loads, I mean it! LET ME UPDATE YOU:

Zambezi Zinger Update:

Zambezi Zinger is coming together and is gonna be here faster than we know it! Well… just not fast enough for the opening day in a few weeks. According to ACE, the first rides will commence on May 27 with this statement: “Join the Heart of America region and Worlds of Fun as we welcome ACE members and their guests to the park on Saturday, May 27 to celebrate the park's 50th anniversary and to be among the first riders to experience the new Zambezi Zinger wooden coaster!” ACE also lists a schedule for the day with a “Behind-the-scenes tour of Zambezi Zinger” before the first ride of the day starts. So if you're interested in seeing a look behind-the-scenes then I would definitely check that out! This also lets us know when we can ride this bad boy! Here's the Link: ACE Link

Meanwhile, Construction on the Zinger looks to be going well with no setbacks! Also below is a little sneak peek at the station and part of the ride. The lift hill has just gone vertical not too long ago and some of the ride due to recent blog updates from the WOF Construction Blog seems to be partially completed. Also here is the link to Compass KC to monitor progress on completion of the ride:

https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService#/project/61cc9d95-91c2-47fd-be6b-cccc85fcd15d
https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService#/project/d1a55207-1f6e-41e8-9634-69cd5f307f42
https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_...bba23-fe1f-488b-8b48-0eb291248aef?tab=summary

Side Note
: For those looking to get to see a construction update of the Zinger soon, Fox 4 is hosting a Family Fun Run (5k) on April 15th at Worlds of Fun! Here’s the link: 5k Family Fun Run

WOF Opening Day, New Additions, etc:

Worlds of Fun’s Opening Day is coming up soon on April 8th! Worlds of Fun’s Website description for this day states: “All new theming and touches have brought our park to life! Guests will be able to experience the park in a whole new light, as every region of the park has been updated and enhanced with charming detail.” Along with the new Zambezi Zinger according to the park, we're getting all new theming and every region of the park has been updated and enhanced! I believe this has something to do with somewhat of a passport/stamp like system. When you go to the 50th anniversary part of the website it shows us a subpage that says: “Worlds of Fun Is Your New Passport to Adventure” and “As we embark on building new traditions and memories in 2023, guests are invited to travel the world and Worlds of Fun will be your passport to adventure! With all new theming, storylines and entertainment throughout the park, guests will be taken on an immersive journey as they explore the various countries, continents and lands in 2023 and beyond.“ If you look below you’ll see a picture that was included with this statement and here is a prediction of mine that when you enter, guests can receive or maybe buy an interactive passport that they can go to different regions or countries with to get a stamp or sticker and try to complete their passport by the end of their visit. I think this would definitely be a cool idea and this could be backed up by some of the new pictures of the suitcase with different stickers/stamps from different countries.

Timber Wolf seems to be getting some track work as the top of the lift hill seems to be removed in an older photo from WOF’s Twitter! Wish they would get some of that Titan Track…

Worlds of Fun is also getting a new celebration event at the end of each day called “50 Nights of Fire.” This will have Fireworks, Pyrotechnics, a musical soundtrack and show, along with a state of the arch drone presentation! I’ll definitely be attending one of these!

The Kansas City Streetcar and Worlds of Fun are teaming up on some sort of project to make “The Streets of Kansas City are about to be a lot more fun.” Not sure what this will be but I Imagine it won’t be anything big, maybe like a wrapped streetcar or decorated streetcar with WOF history and facts able to read or see inside.

The day before Zambezi Zinger is supposed to open, Friday, May 26th. I found something called the Worlds of Fun Rededication Ceremony. This isn’t posted on WOF’s Calendar and seems to be kind of a little secret. The only place you can see this is in a small article by FOX 4 or just searching it directly on google (Link below). The description states: “Join us on our special day as we celebrate 50 years of fun, life-long memories and cherished traditions, while also embarking on a new, exciting journey that will take guests on incredible adventures for years to come. Special surprises and unforgettable celebrations will ensure every guest and associate leaves with all new memories as we celebrate the original 1973 opening of Worlds of Fun.” This ceremony is supposed to celebrate the original opening of WOF and have special surprises and unforgettable celebrations that leaves us with new memories? Be prepared because you will hear the future of Worlds of Fun here! Mark my words! Feel free to look up the original opening ceremony of Worlds of Fun. The whole point of this “Rededication Ceremony” was to show the future and show the promise that Worlds of Fun were to come. Lamar Hunt wanted to build this massive getaway and funland in the Midwest. This “Rededication Ceremony” is a message from Cedar Fair and Worlds of Fun that Zambezi Zinger isn’t the end of investments coming to WOF but a beginning of things to come. Maybe this could be a Giga, or a whole new section of the park! This is very big!

Another Side Note: I'm not saying their announcing a giga but just saying it's a sign for things to come, I know one someone will get upset and think that so thought I should clarify.

Conclusion:

Wanted to share some info with yall and let you know what's going down at WOF! I’ll be back soon with some updates on construction! See ya!

EXTRA LINKS:

https://www.worldsoffun.com/events/opening-day

https://www.worldsoffun.com/new-in-2023

https://www.worldsoffun.com/events/rededication-ceremony

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Frw3dU_WcAMEeGz.jpg
    Frw3dU_WcAMEeGz.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Fkb81-NWYAAlJsk.jpg
    Fkb81-NWYAAlJsk.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 52
  • wof-2023-pta-cta-desktop.jpg
    wof-2023-pta-cta-desktop.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 60

Tpippin23

Roller Poster
Hello Friends! I am back from the dead! I’ve been waiting for the right time to strike with loadssss of information and when I tell you loads, I mean it! LET ME UPDATE YOU:

Zambezi Zinger Update:

Zambezi Zinger is coming together and is gonna be here faster than we know it! Well… just not fast enough for the opening day in a few weeks. According to ACE, the first rides will commence on May 27 with this statement: “Join the Heart of America region and Worlds of Fun as we welcome ACE members and their guests to the park on Saturday, May 27 to celebrate the park's 50th anniversary and to be among the first riders to experience the new Zambezi Zinger wooden coaster!” ACE also lists a schedule for the day with a “Behind-the-scenes tour of Zambezi Zinger” before the first ride of the day starts. So if you're interested in seeing a look behind-the-scenes then I would definitely check that out! This also lets us know when we can ride this bad boy! Here's the Link: ACE Link

Meanwhile, Construction on the Zinger looks to be going well with no setbacks! Also below is a little sneak peek at the station and part of the ride. The lift hill has just gone vertical not too long ago and some of the ride due to recent blog updates from the WOF Construction Blog seems to be partially completed. Also here is the link to Compass KC to monitor progress on completion of the ride:

https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService#/project/61cc9d95-91c2-47fd-be6b-cccc85fcd15d
https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService#/project/d1a55207-1f6e-41e8-9634-69cd5f307f42
https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_...bba23-fe1f-488b-8b48-0eb291248aef?tab=summary

Side Note
: For those looking to get to see a construction update of the Zinger soon, Fox 4 is hosting a Family Fun Run (5k) on April 15th at Worlds of Fun! Here’s the link: 5k Family Fun Run

WOF Opening Day, New Additions, etc:

Worlds of Fun’s Opening Day is coming up soon on April 8th! Worlds of Fun’s Website description for this day states: “All new theming and touches have brought our park to life! Guests will be able to experience the park in a whole new light, as every region of the park has been updated and enhanced with charming detail.” Along with the new Zambezi Zinger according to the park, we're getting all new theming and every region of the park has been updated and enhanced! I believe this has something to do with somewhat of a passport/stamp like system. When you go to the 50th anniversary part of the website it shows us a subpage that says: “Worlds of Fun Is Your New Passport to Adventure” and “As we embark on building new traditions and memories in 2023, guests are invited to travel the world and Worlds of Fun will be your passport to adventure! With all new theming, storylines and entertainment throughout the park, guests will be taken on an immersive journey as they explore the various countries, continents and lands in 2023 and beyond.“ If you look below you’ll see a picture that was included with this statement and here is a prediction of mine that when you enter, guests can receive or maybe buy an interactive passport that they can go to different regions or countries with to get a stamp or sticker and try to complete their passport by the end of their visit. I think this would definitely be a cool idea and this could be backed up by some of the new pictures of the suitcase with different stickers/stamps from different countries.

Timber Wolf seems to be getting some track work as the top of the lift hill seems to be removed in an older photo from WOF’s Twitter! Wish they would get some of that Titan Track…

Worlds of Fun is also getting a new celebration event at the end of each day called “50 Nights of Fire.” This will have Fireworks, Pyrotechnics, a musical soundtrack and show, along with a state of the arch drone presentation! I’ll definitely be attending one of these!

The Kansas City Streetcar and Worlds of Fun are teaming up on some sort of project to make “The Streets of Kansas City are about to be a lot more fun.” Not sure what this will be but I Imagine it won’t be anything big, maybe like a wrapped streetcar or decorated streetcar with WOF history and facts able to read or see inside.

The day before Zambezi Zinger is supposed to open, Friday, May 26th. I found something called the Worlds of Fun Rededication Ceremony. This isn’t posted on WOF’s Calendar and seems to be kind of a little secret. The only place you can see this is in a small article by FOX 4 or just searching it directly on google (Link below). The description states: “Join us on our special day as we celebrate 50 years of fun, life-long memories and cherished traditions, while also embarking on a new, exciting journey that will take guests on incredible adventures for years to come. Special surprises and unforgettable celebrations will ensure every guest and associate leaves with all new memories as we celebrate the original 1973 opening of Worlds of Fun.” This ceremony is supposed to celebrate the original opening of WOF and have special surprises and unforgettable celebrations that leaves us with new memories? Be prepared because you will hear the future of Worlds of Fun here! Mark my words! Feel free to look up the original opening ceremony of Worlds of Fun. The whole point of this “Rededication Ceremony” was to show the future and show the promise that Worlds of Fun were to come. Lamar Hunt wanted to build this massive getaway and funland in the Midwest. This “Rededication Ceremony” is a message from Cedar Fair and Worlds of Fun that Zambezi Zinger isn’t the end of investments coming to WOF but a beginning of things to come. Maybe this could be a Giga, or a whole new section of the park! This is very big!

Another Side Note: I'm not saying their announcing a giga but just saying it's a sign for things to come, I know one someone will get upset and think that so thought I should clarify.

Conclusion:

Wanted to share some info with yall and let you know what's going down at WOF! I’ll be back soon with some updates on construction! See ya!

EXTRA LINKS:

https://www.worldsoffun.com/events/opening-day

https://www.worldsoffun.com/new-in-2023

https://www.worldsoffun.com/events/rededication-ceremony
I’m going to sound like a broken record, but it makes a lot of sense to give WOF the Carowinds treatment now. With so much happening in KC over the next several years, being located in the heart of America and lastly, the amount of friggin land they have to use, Cedar Fair should be seeing this as an opportunity to make WOF a destination park. You made the comment about a whole new section? I bet you are thinking the same thing any WOF homer thinks. Why haven’t they used all of that open green grass in front of the park. Here are my hypothetical ideas for WOF:
Place a screamin swing back by Timber Wolf where there is nothing except haunted houses during haunt.
Place a premier launch coaster (example: Tigris) across from Flying Dutchman.
Place a swinging disk flat ride in place of Zulu. Sorry Zulu. Good memories though.
Place a Mack or Gerstlauer where the amphitheater is. The entrance can begin on that long path between Detonator and Mamba.
They could also place another smaller coaster over by the scrambler and sea dragon area.
And for fun you can add that Giga coaster in the open area in front of the park. Station can begin back by the Bayou Haunted house and swing around Patriot and turnaround where Orient Express was.

Last edited: