What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

spicy

Giga Poster

So they said directly to thorpe park that people would pay for a backwards seat and think they should have that over a spinning car. I strongly disagree 🤣 I personally would pay to be spinning, I wouldn't for backwards

What's with all the Mcdonald's cups filled with Exodus mud in the right hand corner 🧐

Sandman

Giga Poster
I hope Thorpe pull out all the stops for the construction considering they're breaking the UK height record.

Even if Merlin put the same effort in to the marketing as they have with the Nemesis re-track, it's something for the press to latch onto and for word to travel

Sandman

Giga Poster
I'm sure they will be marketing this hard. It's their first major investment since DBGT in 2016, so they need to make this a success.

I think it's do or die - if they can't get visitor numbers up with a major new attraction, then they are in serious trouble!

AT did a great job with the promo showing the new Nemesis track in transit, so I wonder if we'll get that sort of thing for Exodus.

If I recall correctly, I think even Pleasure Beach made a whole song and dance about the track being delivered to site for The Big One.

Thorpe need to knock this one out of the park in terms of marketing/promo. There's so much to work with here.

Bowser

Mega Poster
AT did a great job with the promo showing the new Nemesis track in transit, so I wonder if we'll get that sort of thing for Exodus.

If I recall correctly, I think even Pleasure Beach made a whole song and dance about the track being delivered to site for The Big One.

Thorpe need to knock this one out of the park in terms of marketing/promo. There's so much to work with here.

I suppose in the transient social media era there's not much point going heavy on the marketing until the ride is almost open, which is almost a year away?

Be pretty cool that you can presumably see it from the M25 etc though, that'll be good hype for plenty of people!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Currently, it seems like the park is focusing on just pushing this towards enthusiasts, with the updates coming through the Annual Passholder group and Jack Silkstone, and then trickling through from there.

Presumably, they'll make a bigger song ang dance once vertical construction starts. There's unlikely to be much theming or story to the ride (the focus simply needs to be on the height imo), so a NemesIIs-esque campaign might not be as effective. But if they make a big deal out of the tallest coaster in the UK growing step-by-step, that'll draw plenty of attention.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^Generally speaking, vloggers can be quite an annoying bunch, but I must admit I do quite like that Silkstone guy. The cynical old bastard in me would normally recoil in horror at such brazen, over-the-top enthusiasm (not mentioning any names... but you know who I mean) but even I felt a twinge of excitement when Jack 'touched' the first Exodus support.
It's been such a long time since we've had a construction project of this scale in the UK, this is actually quite a moment.
I feel you, Jack, I feel you!
Officially hyped for this now.

catsounds

Mega Poster
Awesome to have a good look at the other island in that video, will be good when they start using it as the trees have already grown in

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
Is this expected for Summer 2024 then? seems crazy to have supports arriving but not expect the coaster to open for another 10 months! (Then again, I hate to think how long it was between the supports for Tron arriving in Florida and the opening of that)

Peet

Giga Poster
^Generally speaking, vloggers can be quite an annoying bunch, but I must admit I do quite like that Silkstone guy. The cynical old bastard in me would normally recoil in horror at such brazen, over-the-top enthusiasm (not mentioning any names... but you know who I mean) but even I felt a twinge of excitement when Jack 'touched' the first Exodus support.
It's been such a long time since we've had a construction project of this scale in the UK, this is actually quite a moment.
I feel you, Jack, I feel you!
Officially hyped for this now.
Still a bit cringeworthy for me spending so long building up to his first touch of the support so that we can "share the experience" 😅😖, I'm concerned he might have a stroke when he gets to actually ride! For the record I do think the vloggers do a great job of informing and spreading enthusiasm amongst non-enthusiasts, and this gives parks a great way of reaching thousands of people for free, so it makes perfect sense for Thorpe to be leveraging this.

Anyway, it is exciting to see steelwork arriving, can't wait to see this thing go vertical and see just how big it is!

Niles

Giga Poster
Theme park guide have done a walk up Colossus and taken some great pictures of the site.
exodusfromcolossus-28.jpg

Towards the left of the site, foundations for the lift hill, first drop and turn around look to be mostly done.
exodusfromcolossus-29.jpg
exodusfromcolossus-26.jpg

Drilling is taking place towards the front of the site and loads more rebar is ready to be installed.
exodusfromcolossus-10.jpg
exodusfromcolossus-02.jpg

Remembering loggers seeing the lake as this little pond shows how much land they have moved in.
exodusfromcolossus-23.jpg

Im still betting on my theory of the Thunderbird Theme as this little guy with construction all around him is still at the site.
exodusfromcolossus-32.jpg

For more images see Source