What's new

The Return of Nemesis Sub Terra?

emoo

Hyper Poster
Is the missing eye just a result of the simplified logo, or somehow tied to the Nemesis redo? That's some speculation that is disappointing either way.

Swat

Mega Poster
New sign is installed and is definitely a downgrade from the original.

4a1980037056daf32a2a4ed141cb5b35.jpg

Old one for comparison
a1237d15f6727f8f80c02db3288984c4.jpg
Going off reports today, its a temporary sign and a proper one will be coming soon

Changa

Mega Poster
That looks much better. I just wish they had a nice arch to hold it up instead of the scaffolding.

Changa

Mega Poster
We had a go on it on Thursday. The ride concept is still very neat but operations have hampered the whole experience. Ride attendants are all doing a great job but the lap bars just aren't closing properly? They had the two attendants putting all of their weight on the bar and getting all of us to push on it as well in order to get it to lock in place. This caused a loading time of around 5-10 minutes per cycle which is crippling the ride’s capacity and affecting the pacing between 'scenes'.

I'd be curious to know how much work was needed to get the ride ready to run, as everything looked very fresh and the effects all worked well. Though I'd definitely wait for them to sort out the lapbars before giving it a go.

rob666

Hyper Poster
You would think that, with a few years of closure, they could have actually fixed the dodgy restraints, that have caused lots of capacity and throughput issues, before reopening the bloody thing!
They have had a couple of thousand closed days to get the thing running correctly.

Peet

Giga Poster
We had a go on it on Thursday. The ride concept is still very neat but operations have hampered the whole experience. Ride attendants are all doing a great job but the lap bars just aren't closing properly? They had the two attendants putting all of their weight on the bar and getting all of us to push on it as well in order to get it to lock in place. This caused a loading time of around 5-10 minutes per cycle which is crippling the ride’s capacity and affecting the pacing between 'scenes'.

I'd be curious to know how much work was needed to get the ride ready to run, as everything looked very fresh and the effects all worked well. Though I'd definitely wait for them to sort out the lapbars before giving it a go.
So has anything actually changed from the original ride?

Changa

Mega Poster
So has anything actually changed from the original ride?
The preshow video has been reworked to incorporate the phalanx more and they have removed the crab monster graphics. I didn't notice any differences for the rest of the ride & post-show, based on what I remember.

Last edited:

JamesB

Mega Poster
The park are clearly having issues with the ride. Got on it on Tuesday and it broke down just after the restraints had been checked. We were offloaded and told it had broken down. The ride was then down for pretty much the rest of the day.

cookie

Giga Poster
am i wrong in thinking the reason they closed it in first place was because of the restraints?
Maybe the restraints played a part, but it was the fallout of the Smiler crash that killed it. Remember that they gutted The Flume, Ripsaw, and several other rides at the exact same time.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Maybe the restraints played a part, but it was the fallout of the Smiler crash that killed it. Remember that they gutted The Flume, Ripsaw, and several other rides at the exact same time.
The Smiler did play a part in SubTerra as it became clear it was easy for smaller guests to remove themselves from the restraints before the drop which prompted a restraint redesign, but even then the directors and operators felt uncomfortable running the ride after the crash.

The Flume required extensive modifications to fit with new safety requirements regarding water rides which didn't make financial sense, it's the same reason Loggers Leap was closed.

And Ripsaw had reached the end of its service life, and again would cost too much to refurbish to extend its life any more. Similar to Rameses Revenge.