What's new

The Return of Nemesis Sub Terra?

Sandman

Giga Poster
Is there any possibility at all that the Sub Terra building/infrastructure could be implemented as part of the Nemesis queue?

Perhaps it could house some sort of Nemesis pre-show and then connect to the regular Nemesis queue under the corkscrew. Less outdoor queuing, whilst providing Nemesis with an additional element without the need to fully refurbish and operate an entirely separate attraction.

I'm probably well off, but just a thought.

HighExtreme

Roller Poster
Is there any possibility at all that the Sub Terra building/infrastructure could be implemented as part of the Nemesis queue?

Perhaps it could house some sort of Nemesis pre-show and then connect to the regular Nemesis queue under the corkscrew. Less outdoor queuing, whilst providing Nemesis with an additional element without the need to fully refurbish and operate an entirely separate attraction.

I'm probably well off, but just a thought.

That's a great shout Sandman!

They did this with Inferis (Dungeons Lite) at Gardaland which became part of the, Oblivion The Black Hole queue, so there's past form at least.

Bowser

Mega Poster
There's an Instagram account called Theme Park Worldwide and he posted a video of them testing this a few weeks ago:

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
There's an Instagram account called Theme Park Worldwide and he posted a video of them testing this a few weeks ago:

I think I recall Theme Park Worldwide being very very controversial in 2020.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Oh ooops. I thought it was TPWW based off their name being mentioned in this post:

Nevermind, then.
It was TPWW. Or to put it more accurately, several 'supporting' presenters on TPWW.

TPWW used to consist of lots of members, or 'hangers on' and some of them were accused of being 'less than desirable.' Shawn, who actually built and owns the channel, did the right thing pretty quickly and kicked them to the curb as soon as the accusations surfaced, refocusing the channel more on himself and his partner Charlotte. Don't get me wrong, he's not entirely without controversy himself, (who is? I aint, haha.) but he is not the person that most of these accusations were centred around.

Swat

Mega Poster
Regardless on the above, the TPWW post is among a load of posts that show work going on within the building. There are videos where you can hear the ride system testing and regardless of anyone claiming to have 'insider information' its clear to anyone that they are bring this back in some form.

smiffy9373

Roller Poster
Went to Towers today.
With the viewing platform opening on 26th April I couldn't help thinking this could be the date for Subterra. Plenty of staff around the attraction today. If you look at the design of the viewing platform itself, it lends itself very well to a queue line which could go straight into Subterra??

Sent from my moto g(50) using Tapatalk

TrevorHarkness

Roller Poster
I love Nemesis Sub Terra.
I also love rumours (and I don't just mean my favourite album by Fleetwood Mac)

So imagine my joy when I saw murmurings on Twitter that something is going on with Nemesis Sub Terra. (Link to tweet)

First, Alton Towers did an April Fools tweet saying it was going to re-open. Was this tweet merely a Terra-ble joke... or was it literally an Easter Egg? To gauge peoples reactions, and get people talking about Sub Terra again?

Then, the Project 42 scare maze tents were removed from the ride area recently.

Then, the queue board lit up with an intregueing "???"

Signage on the ride building has been repainted, queueline bins have been moved, and...hold onto your hats guys...I've saved the best til last...

Leaves have been swept away from the queueline. Yep. Actual leaves. Swept up.

Spurred by the enticing promise of a leaf-free queue and what this could mean, I did a deep dive and came across loads of great rumours. My favourite being "Alton have purchased Apocalypse from Drayton and are digging 170ft down to put it in the Sub Terra building" 😂

Preposterous theories aside, with all this action happening around the ride site, it seems that something is happening.

So what do you think?! What could the future be for the best dark ride at Alton Towers? What's in the shed, oops I mean, Shipping Container?!

My bet is that Nemesis Sub Terra will return for ScareFest. Reasons: with all the actors, it's an expensive attraction to run, so I don't see it returning for a full season. But if they can open it for ScareFest, this will be an excellent addition to bolster their Halloween line up.

Or could it be the site of another new maze for Scare Fest?

Or am I completely wrong and it's gonna be an Aquatrax?

What do you think is happening? Let's get predicting!

Would you be excited for the return of the world's most dramatic 20ft tall drop tower?
It's always exciting to hear rumors about possible changes or updates to a beloved attraction, and the recent activity around Nemesis Sub Terra certainly raises questions. While it's difficult to say for sure what the future holds for the ride, there are a few possibilities to consider.

One possibility is that the ride could be receiving some updates or refurbishments, which would explain the recent activity around the ride site. Perhaps Alton Towers is looking to refresh the ride in some way, either with new effects, scenes, or technology. Another possibility is that the ride could be re-themed or repurposed for a different use, such as a scare maze or a different type of dark ride.

As for the rumors about Apocalypse being relocated to the Sub Terra building, it seems unlikely given the significant excavation and construction work that would be required. However, it's always fun to imagine what could be!

Overall, I think it's certainly possible that Nemesis Sub Terra could return for ScareFest, as it's a popular attraction that would add to the park's Halloween lineup. But until Alton Towers makes an official announcement, it's all just speculation. As for me, I would be excited to see what changes or updates they have in store for the ride.

Marsden10002

Roller Poster
I hope Nemesis does come with a pre show before hand to tell you what's been happening etc but knowing Merlin they will fall short!

spicy

Giga Poster
I am glad it's back but I wonder how long it will last this time around. Is this just a filler for Forbidden Valley whilst Nemesis is retracked or is this going to be a permanent addition. I hope it's permanent I think it's a decent unique experience.

spicy

Giga Poster
New sign is installed and is definitely a downgrade from the original.

4a1980037056daf32a2a4ed141cb5b35.jpg

Old one for comparison
a1237d15f6727f8f80c02db3288984c4.jpg

ScottLann

Mega Poster
I like the new colours of the tank and the sign but wish the sign had the 3D artwork and tentacles on it still. Looks much cheaper now.