What's new

The Pope's UK Visit

Nic

Strata Poster
tks said:
ku-klux-klan-salute.jpg
Nice choice of photoshopped picture - made me LOL. A lot. *waits for Mr Ian "I want Thatcher's babies" Bell to arrive...*

This is both a genuine question and me trying to play devil's avacado... To those of you who say you're happy for a head of state and/or religious leader to come and take an interest in your country.... Firstly, how do you feel about that being funded, in part at least, by your hard-earned tax money? Secondly, would that welcome be extended to other heads of state and religious leaders? What about Ali al-Sistani, one of the world's most senior Muslims? What about some complete bastard like Robert Mugabe, or some other twat like Kim Jong-il?

Just interested.

For what its worth, I'm not too fussed. If the Pope (or whoever - same goes for other 'dignitaries') wants to come for a holiday to the UK then fair play. However, I really don't agree with it being funded by tax money. Especially as the country is already skint. Plus, why go to such a crap selection of places? He should've aimed to get a few creds while he was over here too.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm guessing that by sending him to Glasgow and Birmingham, they're making sure that the creepy lookin', paedo-hidin', Hitler-youth-lovin', AIDS enablin', old tranny never wants to visit again?

kimahri

CF Legend
evil-pope.jpg

What do you mean creepy looking? He makes bunnys appear with a glance like that.

Edit: wrong slash thing.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
tks said:
So today the Pope told everyone that Atheism is bad and that everyone should be Christian.

He's a Christian leader, he's bound to think that, Islam teaches that non-muslims should be killed, hardly as bad is it?

Dave

CF Legend
He preached today about the bad influence of celebrities, fame and wealth.

Now, he's the head of a wealthy money filled faith, one of the most recognised people in the world. Hypocritical much?

Xpress

Strata Poster
Nobody is trying to force feed you religion...

Wouldn't you also speak highly of something you believe in? It could be anything, it doesn't necessarily have to be about religion.

Like, for example, 3 wheeled ATV's are not any more dangerous than 4 wheeled ATV's, and their ban was unfair.

Or how real photographers shouldn't use film, due to somewhat fake-like qualities, and so on and so forth.

Dave

CF Legend
Xpress said:
Or how real photographers shouldn't use film, due to somewhat fake-like qualities, and so on and so forth.

Film fake? Hahahaha. I think you mean digital.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Ratzinger is a moron who seems to think that a belief in a god is a prerequisite for ethics. He's made some comments in the last few days that are offensive to atheists, and whilst I'm normally laid back enough to just ignore them, the fact that the British taxpayer is paying for him to come over here and spread said load of bollocks equating atheism and Nazism does anger me.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
He criticised our equality laws.

He comes here partially using tax payers money.

And then he causes road closures.

Want him and his sick horrendous religion of child fiddlers to **** off.

Dave

CF Legend
Thrilling coverage by BBC News atm, following the Pope's plane until it's out of view in the clouds.....

jokerman

Giga Poster
Rolling news is always dull. It was interesting when something was happening, but now they're just repeating the same stuff over and over.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
MouseAT said:
the fact that the British taxpayer is paying for him to come over here and spread said load of bollocks equating atheism and Nazism does anger me.

Yep, it is "irksome".

I mentioned before, it shouldn't really be paid for by usm unless he's willing to have "political meetings" to discuss his "states" awful policies which are causing deaths and compounding poverty problems of millions in the world.

Then the fact he was in the Hitler Youth kind of suggests that Catholicism and Nazism aren't mutually exclusive. Hitler certainly believed in God and many a "good Nazi" was also undoubtedly a "good Christian".

If atheism is such an abhorrent state of mind, why is it the prisons aren't full of atheists and have zero "believers"? Stafford prison has a large church, which kind of says to me "religion aint working"... ;)