What's new

SFSTL | Rookie Racer | Vekoma Junior Coaster | 2023

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
The good news is that we have track on site, currently sitting where the Skycoaster was up until recently;
luyq6pcxt4ua1.jpg
Source

The bad news is that I've heard rumblings from staff that the coaster might not begin construction until July/August. That is not confirmed, that is subject to change and I'd take it with a grain of salt, for all we know they could break ground next week. Just wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being a Fright Fest addition.

JackFish

Mega Poster
The good news is that we have track on site, currently sitting where the Skycoaster was up until recently;
View attachment 24205
Source

The bad news is that I've heard rumblings from staff that the coaster might not begin construction until July/August. That is not confirmed, that is subject to change and I'd take it with a grain of salt, for all we know they could break ground next week. Just wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being a Fright Fest addition.
That's not the best news, but I wasn't too excited about this addition besides the fact I get a new cred. Hopefully, they'll break ground soon!

Justin2000

Mega Poster
I get Aquaman opening late cause they modified it to have a 2nd train and turntable and then delayed it cause of Pirates of Spee-Lunkers Cave

But this is just sad. A CLONE can't open before 4th of July?

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
But this is just sad. A CLONE can't open before 4th of July?
Hey, it's all about construction timelines, engineering plans, getting permits together, finances ready, consulting/hiring contractors, rerouting the existing railroad, and terrain excavation. All this after corporate allegedly notified the park as late as February that they would be receiving a new coaster.

"Here you go, chaps, take the contract for this new roller coaster! Now figure out how to build it"

These delays seem to be the case with most of Six Flags' last-minute "2023" additions, especially in a time where shipping and construction delays are practically the norm. The largest exception here is Kid Flash at Fiesta Texas, which but a small part of that park's management's frenzied push to deliver 10 projects at once. I would be impressed if St. Louis were able to have already delivered a ride of this size, but as such I recognize that where they're at is them trying their best with the resources/time that they have.

Justin2000

Mega Poster
Hey, it's all about construction timelines, engineering plans, getting permits together, finances ready, consulting/hiring contractors, rerouting the existing railroad, and terrain excavation. All this after corporate allegedly notified the park as late as February that they would be receiving a new coaster.

These delays seem to be the case with most of Six Flags' last-minute "2023" additions, especially in a time where shipping and construction delays are practically the norm. The largest exception here is Kid Flash at Fiesta Texas, which but a small part of that park's management's frenzied push to deliver 10 projects at once. I would be impressed if St. Louis were able to have already delivered a ride of this size, but as such I recognize that where they're at is them trying their best with the resources/time that they have.

Rerouting the Railroad? I thought it was replacing the Go Karts?

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Latest look at the coaster, the station and switchback ramp have gone in but not much else coaster-wise. 2023 coaster my ass;
20230812_121047-768x432.jpg
20230812_144310-768x432.jpg
20230812_144314-768x432.jpg
20230812_144321-768x432.jpg
Source

On the upshot, a recent interview with newly promoted General Manager Danny Snider has brought up mention of a new ride(s) package coming next year as well, something that is much needed for St. Louis after so many ride removals... so definitely looking forwards to hearing about that. Snider also allegedly stated that he's been pushing the board to RMC Boss, but that's all talk right now;