What's new

SeaWorld Orlando | Penguin Trek | B&M Family Launch Coaster | 2024

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think it's B&M, seeing as the post contains "delivery from Switzerland".
Yes, and as I said above, the reason I put "{Rumour}" in the title is not for the B&M bit, it's for the family coaster bit. I know it's a B&M. ;)

B&M {confirmed} Family Coaster {rumour}.

If someone has evidence/source of the Family Coaster bit (or even a proper 'model name') then I'll update. Otherwise, I'll wait.

Matt N

CF Legend
Yes, and as I said above, the reason I put "{Rumour}" in the title is not for the B&M bit, it's for the family coaster bit. I know it's a B&M. ;)

If someone has evidence/source of the Family Coaster bit (or even a proper 'model name') then I'll update. Otherwise, I'll wait.
For what it's worth, track seen at the B&M plant was labelled as "FS-A" (the family invert's track code is "FI"), which would imply that the first of a new family sit-down model is headed somewhere.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

It's based off of a leaked footer blueprint:

footer-and-support-layout-png.png

The nl2 precreation:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's based off of a leaked footer blueprint:

footer-and-support-layout-png.png

The nl2 precreation:
I'm not gonna say it a third time. ;)

The general rule is that unless something is officially confirmed by the manufacturer or park, it needs a pretty exceptional (read: solid) source. The closest we have is the shipping label/model reference from B&M. For now, I stand by keeping it as rumour.

Please stop quoting my post with further speculation based evidence. Poke can overrule if he likes, but I won't be changing it yet. :)

Archie

Mega Poster
Why have B&M been building coasters that are completely unlike anything they have done before, 2 family wing coasters, one of which being an LSM shuttle, a bouncy stand up coaster and now this?

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Looks like we've some catching up to do

The coaster is now being monikered Project Penguin (again), and is thus no longer Project Toboggan. It will also sport a 42" height requirement, lining up well with its family oriented design. Asides from this post, Seaworld is still silent about what they're cooking.
Screen Shot 2023-08-30 at 12.54.33 AM.png

A lot of that sweet sweet white B&M track has arrived from Clermont, along with teal supports;
F4iDCebWEAAT46s.jpeg
F4iDCePWIAA64q-.jpeg
F4QwYDnWYAAzB15.jpeg
F4QwX5sXMAA3YMf.jpegSource & Source

They've also been receiving fresh LSM shipments from Intrasys;
Screen Shot 2023-08-30 at 12.46.26 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-08-30 at 12.46.37 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-08-30 at 12.46.07 AM.png
Source

Groundwork is well underway, lots of footers have been poured;
F4QwZHQX0AAgOAZ.jpeg
F4QwXYxWQAEm903.jpeg
F4iCc0_WkAADglw.jpeg
F4iCc1-WkAAf4j-.jpeg
Source & Source

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I love a good B&M, me. It's always nice to have 2 or 3 B&M's in a park's line-up... but 5? Nah man, I think that's a bit much. Doesn't that run the risk of it all becoming a bit 'samey'? I know they're all different types of coaster, offering different ride experiences and all that but even so, they're all still gonna have that inherent 'B&M-ness' about them.
For this particular project, I'd have gone with almost anyone except B&M, for the sake of variety if nothing else.
No need to skimp on quality, I'm sure a Mack, Intamin or Vekoma family coaster would be just as well put together and would give the park a ride that just has a different vibe to it, a different flavour.
That's just my tuppence worth.

CaliAngel

Roller Poster
I love a good B&M, me. It's always nice to have 2 or 3 B&M's in a park's line-up... but 5? Nah man, I think that's a bit much. Doesn't that run the risk of it all becoming a bit 'samey'? I know they're all different types of coaster, offering different ride experiences and all that but even so, they're all still gonna have that inherent 'B&M-ness' about them.
For this particular project, I'd have gone with almost anyone except B&M, for the sake of variety if nothing else.
No need to skimp on quality, I'm sure a Mack, Intamin or Vekoma family coaster would be just as well put together and would give the park a ride that just has a different vibe to it, a different flavour.
That's just my tuppence worth.

Agreed.

They've been coined "Boring and Mild" for a reason.

Kraken, Manta and Mako do their jobs just fine, but these last two B&Ms are definite yawners. Would have liked to see what Intamin could do.

JackFish

Mega Poster
I get they've had loads of success with B&M, but why don't they try any other company except from Ice Breaker they don't have any other coasters from other manufacturers.