What's new

Ride Related Dreams You've Had

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
I recreated my dreams.

"Spinning Zoo", where Spinning Racer was decommissioned and put on display in a zoo (thats the best I could do with a SR recreation without watching the pov)

1649173900957.png

A coastal SLC with Gold Reef City Anaconda's colour scheme in a dream where I was abandoned by public transport at Skegness and the bus stop had a view of this

1649173946484.png

My brain's rendition of what Parque Warner Madrid 2023 is going to be
1649173975417.png

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry to bump, but I had a very weird theme park dream last night that I couldn’t not share…

Basically, it revolved around my first day at Europa Park. And it was one of those dreams where every little thing was stopping me from getting into the park and riding any rides… but far from a regular one. Buckle up, because this dream is weird…

Things got off to a good start after a wonderful sleep in Hotel Castillo Alcazar (actually, I’m not sure what hotel it even was… it certainly didn’t look like Castillo Alcazar), but then we went down into the hotel lobby… where I was greeted by my study skills tutor from university, who was armed with a cricket bat and a huge black bin bag. She then proceeded to whack me around the head repeatedly with the cricket bat and throw me into the bin bag…

When I finally woke up from being knocked out by repeated cricket bat wounds, my study skills tutor had taken me out of the bin bag, and I found myself in a room that looked bizarrely like the House of Commons if it didn’t have any MPs in it. She then threw me onto one of the green seats and threw an exam paper in my face before informing me that I had to resit A Level Maths for some reason, and I wasn’t allowed into the park until I’d passed. I then started doing the exam, but for some reason that I can’t quite remember, she then came and kicked me out of the room for “acting up” before throwing me into my own private room and restarting my timer from the beginning, even though I’d completed a fair chunk of the exam.

The exam was fairly plain sailing after that, but when I got out of the exam, I wasn’t allowed to leave the House of Commons-style room, as it got stranger… two team members from TowersStreet Talk then appeared out of nowhere and informed me that it was time for my “Forum Member’s Review”. They sat me down at this table where I was facing them directly, and then they began to spend a long time grilling me on my past forum posts. I don’t remember exactly what they said, other than that it started with them going “We’ve been looking through your post history… and my god, you’re a moaner!” before then shaking their heads and tutting at me in perfect unison. I don’t remember what they said after that, other than that it was definitely about my previous post history, but for some reason, my mum then appeared and reprimanded me for being rude to the two TS team members. And I again can’t remember what I did… it just came seemingly out of nowhere.

After that, I finally found myself in Europa Park… except as is typical for dream theme parks, it looked nothing like I’d imagined it would. I started in this tiny indoor area with Victorian style windows and a tiny little house to navigate your way around to get into the park. It had corridors that were barely wide enough to fit me in them, and it was an absolute maze to navigate my way through. I did eventually get through it, but for some reason, my grandparents (who aren’t even coming to Germany with us in real life) then appeared out of nowhere, and we spent a few minutes exchanging pleasantries. By this point, my enthusiast anxiety was most certainly rising, and it was close to closing time. I then exited the maze with my grandparents… which led us to a massive muddy field that had Silver Star randomly plonked in the middle of it. I yelled “OH MY GOD, IT’S SILVER STAR!” and then started sprinting like I’ve never sprinted before. My grandparents initially tried sprinting with me, but then they told me to leave them behind, as they were too tired. My foot fell into a giant rabbit hole while I was sprinting, and I twisted my ankle very badly (much more badly than you’d expect for merely getting your foot stuck in a rabbit hole, for some reason), but I kept running (albeit in a rather haphazard way, and certainly not straight… I felt like I was going to keel over any second due to my ankle pain). I was very close to reaching Silver Star’s queue entrance… but then in typical theme park dream fashion, I woke up.

I know it sounds weird, but that’s exactly what happened, word for word…

Last edited:
Sorry to bump, but I had a very weird theme park dream last night that I couldn’t not share…

Basically, it revolved around my first day at Europa Park. And it was one of those dreams where every little thing was stopping me from getting into the park and riding any rides… but far from a regular one. Buckle up, because this dream is weird…

Things got off to a good start after a wonderful sleep in Hotel Castillo Alcazar (actually, I’m not sure what hotel it even was… it certainly didn’t look like Castillo Alcazar), but then we went down into the hotel lobby… where I was greeted by my study skills tutor from university, who was armed with a cricket bat and a huge black bin bag. She then proceeded to whack me around the head repeatedly with the cricket bat and throw me into the bin bag…

When I finally woke up from being knocked out by repeated cricket bat wounds, my study skills tutor had taken me out of the bin bag, and I found myself in a room that looked bizarrely like the House of Commons if it didn’t have any MPs in it. She then threw me onto one of the green seats and threw an exam paper in my face before informing me that I had to resit A Level Maths for some reason, and I wasn’t allowed into the park until I’d passed. I then started doing the exam, but for some reason that I can’t quite remember, she then came and kicked me out of the room for “acting up” before throwing me into my own private room and restarting my timer from the beginning, even though I’d completed a fair chunk of the exam.

The exam was fairly plain sailing after that, but when I got out of the exam, I wasn’t allowed to leave the House of Commons-style room, as it got stranger… two team members from TowersStreet Talk then appeared out of nowhere and informed me that it was time for my “Forum Member’s Review”. They sat me down at this table where I was facing them directly, and then they began to spend a long time grilling me on my past forum posts. I don’t remember exactly what they said, other than that it started with them going “We’ve been looking through your post history… and my god, you’re a moaner!” before then shaking their heads and tutting at me in perfect unison. I don’t remember what they said after that, other than that it was definitely about my previous post history, but for some reason, my mum then appeared and reprimanded me for being rude to the two TS team members. And I again can’t remember what I did… it just came seemingly out of nowhere.

After that, I finally found myself in Europa Park… except as is typical for dream theme parks, it looked nothing like I’d imagined it would. I started in this tiny indoor area with Victorian style windows and a tiny little house to navigate your way around to get into the park. It had corridors that were barely wide enough to fit me in them, and it was an absolute maze to navigate my way through. I did eventually get through it, but for some reason, my grandparents (who aren’t even coming to Germany with us in real life) then appeared out of nowhere, and we spent a few minutes exchanging pleasantries. By this point, my enthusiast anxiety was most certainly rising, and it was close to closing time. I then exited the maze with my grandparents… which led us to a massive muddy field that had Silver Star randomly plonked in the middle of it. I yelled “OH MY GOD, IT’S SILVER STAR!” and then started sprinting like I’ve never sprinted before. My grandparents initially tried sprinting with me, but then they told me to leave them behind, as they were too tired. My foot fell into a giant rabbit hole while I was sprinting, and I twisted my ankle very badly (much more badly than you’d expect for merely getting your foot stuck in a rabbit hole, for some reason), but I kept running (albeit in a rather haphazard way, and certainly not straight… I felt like I was going to keel over any second due to my ankle pain). I was very close to reaching Silver Star’s queue entrance… but then in typical theme park dream fashion, I woke up.

This has to be one of my favorite posts on CF ever. What a journey!

Matt N

CF Legend
This has to be one of my favorite posts on CF ever. What a journey!
Let’s hope it’s not a premonition of my actual first day in Europa in 6 days’ time…

It’s so weird… most of my dreams are ones I either don’t remember or ones that are quite dull, but every few months, I get thrown an absolute blinder that is both extremely weird and perturbingly detailed… I guess this was one of those.

Come to think of it, I did have another “first day in Europa” dream a couple of months back that was vastly less interesting… this one centred around some completely made-up theme park vlogger, who bizarrely looked a lot like Shawn Sanbrooke, following me around the park and recording me in random places. But yet again, I never rode a single ride…

cookie

Giga Poster
Seems like the most common one I've experienced is me trying to ride something, whether it'd be SkyRush, DLP's Tower of Terror, Chang at Kentucky Kingdom (that one confuses me especially since I had that dream like last week, lol), etc. and never getting on it, often because I'm either constantly stalled by something or I can't seem to find the entrance for whatever reason.

Is that a psychological thing? Like, I have this subconscious fear that I would fail on whatever I was trying to achieve? Or is that overthinking it?

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
where I was greeted by my study skills tutor from university, who was armed with a cricket bat and a huge black bin bag. She then proceeded to whack me around the head repeatedly with the cricket bat and throw me into the bin bag…
S1E07A_Carol_shocked.png
Oh hell naw bro that's how you end up on milk cartons

which led us to a massive muddy field that had Silver Star randomly plonked in the middle of it.
When asked where Farmer McColl had gone and why there was a roller coaster where his house was, the Europa Park exec threw out expletives, took a massive bag with unknown contents, and ran out of the building.

My grandparents initially tried sprinting with me, but then they told me to leave them behind, as they were too tired.
"CARRY ON WITHOUT US, MATT! WE JUST REMEMBERED WE'RE EASILY TIRED!"

My foot fell into a giant rabbit hole while I was sprinting, and I twisted my ankle very badly
Ow.

but I kept running (albeit in a rather haphazard way, and certainly not straight… I felt like I was going to keel over any second due to my ankle pain). I was very close to reaching Silver Star’s queue entrance… but then in typical theme park dream fashion, I woke up.
Womp womp.

What the hell happened to you that night? That was one hell of a dream there mate!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. 😂

English Coaster Guy

Roller Poster

Haha, Matt, that's epic!

Whilst your dream went off on multiple tangents, the outcome of the dream was similar to most enthusiast's roller coaster dreams, in that you woke up right before you got on the thing.

Every single roller coaster dream I have had, has included: -

- An unbelievably frustrating and stressful journey getting to the theme park. Including walking through quicksand being chased by a murderer, multiple delays on public transport or aircraft, the occasional natural disaster thrown in for good measure, etc.

- Euphoria in getting to the theme park, shortly followed by more stress and strangeness including mazes, like you said, badly designed pathways, park maps that don't make sense, etc. Ultimately though, the euphoria normally disappears because the park is ALWAYS worse than you expected it to be, and it's always so close to closing time! Disappointment starts to set in.

- Finally getting on the roller coaster, normally Top Thrill Dragster for me, lining up on the launch track, and waking up as soon as the catch car attaches to the train; or, getting to the top of a lift hill, and subsequently waking up.

I don't actually think I've been able to ride a rollercoaster in my dreams. I do have the ability to control some of my dreams from time to time, however, I can never ride a roller coaster.

SimonProD

Mega Poster
Just two nights ago: Another new Schwarzkopf coaster dream. And I'll try to re-create it in PlaCo.

I was standing on the parking lot and looking at the coaster. Track was white - train was all black.

Layout: chain lift > loop > loop > 180 turnaround (no regular turnaround: upwards 90 degree inverting curve > inverted stall > downwards 90 degree, turning out of inverted postition) > corkscrew > 450 degree down helix (effectively a 90 degree right turn away from the station) > airtime hill > 90 degree left turn > tire-powered lift (like the second lift on Triple Loop or Olympia) >....

Sadly in my dream I was unable to see the second part of the layout.... 😬
😉

On the PlaCo subforum here you can see my creation "Anton's Screamer" which is also based 80-90% on a coaster I saw in my dreams.

I always have a paper and pen at my bed so when I dream coasters I can immediatly on waking pen down the layout before I forget.

SimonProD

Mega Poster
Just two nights ago: Another new Schwarzkopf coaster dream. And I'll try to re-create it in PlaCo.

I was standing on the parking lot and looking at the coaster. Track was white - train was all black.

Layout: chain lift > loop > loop > 180 turnaround (no regular turnaround: upwards 90 degree inverting curve > inverted stall > downwards 90 degree, turning out of inverted postition) > corkscrew > 450 degree down helix (effectively a 90 degree right turn away from the station) > airtime hill > 90 degree left turn > tire-powered lift (like the second lift on Triple Loop or Olympia) >....

Sadly in my dream I was unable to see the second part of the layout.... 😬
😉

On the PlaCo subforum here you can see my creation "Anton's Screamer" which is also based 80-90% on a coaster I saw in my dreams.

I always have a paper and pen at my bed so when I dream coasters I can immediatly on waking pen down the layout before I forget.

Just built a first draft of the coaster I dreamt and it got serious (;

• 9 inversions - including 2 inverted stalls
  • 9 airtime moments
  • 2 high speed helices
  • Over 2.900 meters of track
  • 73 mph max speed
  • 53 meters highest drop
Still lots of smoothing to do. And always difficult to get the "Schwarzkopf Drop" - like the first drop on Triple, Thriller, Olympia - nice and smooth...

Attachments

• dream-coaster.jpg
    dream-coaster.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 20

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Had a dream two nights ago that Drayton Manor announced Shockwave's closure on July 2nd, a week after the announcement. Obviously creating a ton of uproar with doomers saying "This park will never have a thrill market again!" as both of the park's headliners are going in the same year.

I considered visiting the park but was conflicted as I anticipated astronomical crowding to get their last rides in on Shockwave.

Later that day a concept art for the park's 2023 coaster was leaked. It was manufactured by ART Engineering, painted all grey, and had Soquet track.

The layout reused Shockwave's lift hill and had a straight drop into a fast, low to the ground 180° corner to the left before some quick hills. It made a run across the lakeside towards Apocalypse where it made a undulating helix around the former ride's area, then made its way back right next to the 'outward' track. When it got back to the StormForce 10 area, it had an LSM boost where it made a loop around the River Rapids/Shockwave area before going up towards the brakes.

Screenshot_20220624-111319_Maps.jpg

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Had a dream two nights ago that Drayton Manor announced Shockwave's closure on July 2nd, a week after the announcement. Obviously creating a ton of uproar with doomers saying "This park will never have a thrill market again!" as both of the park's headliners are going in the same year.

I considered visiting the park but was conflicted as I anticipated astronomical crowding to get their last rides in on Shockwave.

Later that day a concept art for the park's 2023 coaster was leaked. It was manufactured by ART Engineering, painted all grey, and had Soquet track.

The layout reused Shockwave's lift hill and had a straight drop into a fast, low to the ground 180° corner to the left before some quick hills. It made a run across the lakeside towards Apocalypse where it made a undulating helix around the former ride's area, then made its way back right next to the 'outward' track. When it got back to the StormForce 10 area, it had an LSM boost where it made a loop around the River Rapids/Shockwave area before going up towards the brakes.

View attachment 18481
Dang, no inversions?

Matt N

CF Legend
I had another dream last night. Thankfully, this one wasn’t quite as much of an acid trip as some of my previous ones, but it was still a bit weird…

My family and I were driving along a motorway in Italy (we've never been on a family holiday to Italy…), and for some reason, my mum was driving (it’s usually my dad who drives when it’s all 4 of us, particularly if we’re abroad). We drove past a road sign that said “Gardaland: 10 miles”. I go “Ooh, there’s a road sign going towards Gardaland, the biggest theme park in Italy!”. My family initially reacted in the usual way they react whenever we see a theme park road sign in the UK on the way to somewhere else; they went “Oh, fun!”, shrugged and continued on with our journey. However, this is where it began to get weird… we travelled up the motorway for a few more miles, but things then took an unexpected turn, and this experience turned from a leisurely drive into something befitting of a James Bond film…

My mum, completely unprovoked, suddenly did the most spectacular u-turn you’ve ever seen in the middle of this busy motorway, put her foot down like mad, and started driving in the direction of the Gardaland road signs. My dad and older sister, for completely inexplicable reasons, suddenly flew out of the car through some sort of ejector seat mechanism. I looked at my mum, concerned that my dad and older sibling had randomly disappeared from the car, but she didn’t look fazed at all; she said “F*** ‘em; we’ll come back for them later”. At this point, she suddenly started driving like a rally driver; the speedometer was at well over 100mph, she was weaving in and out of traffic, weaving between lanes, she was jumping over cars… this was some insane driving, particularly given that my mum is a very safe driver in real life! I asked her why she had suddenly changed tack and started driving crazily, and she said “Son, you and I need to go to Gardaland together!”. We then continued to speed down the road together in what was by far the most insane piece of driving I’ve ever experienced… it was spectacular, but insane!

We eventually arrived at Gardaland and got out of the car… but not before she sped into the car park and did a load of donuts around it, still travelling solidly over 100mph. She then stopped rapidly with a perfectly executed handbrake turn, and we got out of the car right outside the entrance. None of the Gardaland staff even batted an eyelid at the fact my mum had just sped into the car park, drove at an insane speed round it or had parked somewhere that definitely wasn’t a parking space, so we had a speedy and efficient entry process.

Once we were inside Gardaland, it was strange… because even though I was talking about correct Gardaland ride names, like Raptor and Oblivion The Black Hole, the park did not look like any photos or videos I’ve ever seen of Gardaland. It was instead a blend of Drayton Manor and Warwick Castle; for the most part, the park was a spitting image of Drayton Manor (but with all the signs and ride names in Italian), but had Warwick Castle itself randomly plonked in the middle of it, along with the Horrible Histories maze from Warwick Castle and the show where the performer shows off and demonstrates old weapons (he was shouting “This… is a BIG AXE!” as we walked by… that’s an actual line from this Warwick Castle show that I remember. I can’t remember what the show was called, but it definitely used to run at Warwick when I was a child, and that line was definitely part of the spiel). This all seemed perfectly normal to me in my dream, however…

Now when we entered the park, we didn’t actually go on any rides… my mum needed the toilet as soon as we entered. But she wasn’t content with any old toilet, oh no… there was this “special toilet” that she was intent on using. The ones right by the park entrance weren’t good enough… she went to great lengths to find this “special toilet”, and we spent about an hour staring at the park map and walking around trying to find it. Eventually, we found the special toilet… it was in this Tudor house, and we had to walk up a tiny ladder and crawl through these tiny spaces to use it. She used it and walked out saying “10/10; totally lived up to the hype! I’m happy we came to this park just for that!”. Then I went in… and it was like one of those Medieval toilets you see in old castles, where it basically consists of a hole that drops directly into a river.

Sadly, I then woke up before we could go on any rides… that was a strange one, and a lot longer than I’d expected it to be when I started writing!

EDjanaika

Mega Poster
Had a dream that i went to SFMM and a few coasters from Flamingo Land were there!!! I tried to go round and get all the credits including Batman the Ride which was indoors and being operated by someone i met a while back?! So confusing honestly i woke up before i could get the rest of the credits at the park 😂

I had another dream last night. Thankfully, this one wasn’t quite as much of an acid trip as some of my previous ones, but it was still a bit weird…

My family and I were driving along a motorway in Italy (we've never been on a family holiday to Italy…), and for some reason, my mum was driving (it’s usually my dad who drives when it’s all 4 of us, particularly if we’re abroad). We drove past a road sign that said “Gardaland: 10 miles”. I go “Ooh, there’s a road sign going towards Gardaland, the biggest theme park in Italy!”. My family initially reacted in the usual way they react whenever we see a theme park road sign in the UK on the way to somewhere else; they went “Oh, fun!”, shrugged and continued on with our journey. However, this is where it began to get weird… we travelled up the motorway for a few more miles, but things then took an unexpected turn, and this experience turned from a leisurely drive into something befitting of a James Bond film…

My mum, completely unprovoked, suddenly did the most spectacular u-turn you’ve ever seen in the middle of this busy motorway, put her foot down like mad, and started driving in the direction of the Gardaland road signs. My dad and older sister, for completely inexplicable reasons, suddenly flew out of the car through some sort of ejector seat mechanism. I looked at my mum, concerned that my dad and older sibling had randomly disappeared from the car, but she didn’t look fazed at all; she said “F*** ‘em; we’ll come back for them later”. At this point, she suddenly started driving like a rally driver; the speedometer was at well over 100mph, she was weaving in and out of traffic, weaving between lanes, she was jumping over cars… this was some insane driving, particularly given that my mum is a very safe driver in real life! I asked her why she had suddenly changed tack and started driving crazily, and she said “Son, you and I need to go to Gardaland together!”. We then continued to speed down the road together in what was by far the most insane piece of driving I’ve ever experienced… it was spectacular, but insane!

We eventually arrived at Gardaland and got out of the car… but not before she sped into the car park and did a load of donuts around it, still travelling solidly over 100mph. She then stopped rapidly with a perfectly executed handbrake turn, and we got out of the car right outside the entrance. None of the Gardaland staff even batted an eyelid at the fact my mum had just sped into the car park, drove at an insane speed round it or had parked somewhere that definitely wasn’t a parking space, so we had a speedy and efficient entry process.

Once we were inside Gardaland, it was strange… because even though I was talking about correct Gardaland ride names, like Raptor and Oblivion The Black Hole, the park did not look like any photos or videos I’ve ever seen of Gardaland. It was instead a blend of Drayton Manor and Warwick Castle; for the most part, the park was a spitting image of Drayton Manor (but with all the signs and ride names in Italian), but had Warwick Castle itself randomly plonked in the middle of it, along with the Horrible Histories maze from Warwick Castle and the show where the performer shows off and demonstrates old weapons (he was shouting “This… is a BIG AXE!” as we walked by… that’s an actual line from this Warwick Castle show that I remember. I can’t remember what the show was called, but it definitely used to run at Warwick when I was a child, and that line was definitely part of the spiel). This all seemed perfectly normal to me in my dream, however…

Now when we entered the park, we didn’t actually go on any rides… my mum needed the toilet as soon as we entered. But she wasn’t content with any old toilet, oh no… there was this “special toilet” that she was intent on using. The ones right by the park entrance weren’t good enough… she went to great lengths to find this “special toilet”, and we spent about an hour staring at the park map and walking around trying to find it. Eventually, we found the special toilet… it was in this Tudor house, and we had to walk up a tiny ladder and crawl through these tiny spaces to use it. She used it and walked out saying “10/10; totally lived up to the hype! I’m happy we came to this park just for that!”. Then I went in… and it was like one of those Medieval toilets you see in old castles, where it basically consists of a hole that drops directly into a river.

Sadly, I then woke up before we could go on any rides… that was a strange one, and a lot longer than I’d expected it to be when I started writing!
What are you eating before bed mate? Your dreams are ****ing wild 😂 Please keep posting them!

Matt N

CF Legend
What are you eating before bed mate? Your dreams are ****ing wild 😂 Please keep posting them!
I honestly don’t know; most of my dreams are bland and unmemorable, and not really worth posting, but every few months, I have an absolutely insane one like that!

For some idea of how often these happen; if I have an insane one, it’s usually theme park related, and I always post it!

SimonProD

Mega Poster
A few nights ago I saw in a dream park a Schwarzkopf coaster called "Mega-Thriller" - coudln´t see the whole layout but had a tire propelled curved lift and not having two loops stacked behind each other - like on Thriller - but three 😍

TilenB

Strata Poster
None of the Gardaland staff even batted an eyelid at the fact my mum had just sped into the car park, drove at an insane speed round it or had parked somewhere that definitely wasn’t a parking space
To be fair, this perfectly describes the driving culture in Italy, so it's probably the most realistic part of your whole dream.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster

Both of your dreams had me literally laughing out loud as I sit in a crowded airport.