What's new

Rank the RMCs

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
I guess I'm in the minority here but IDK, I dont think the lack of dueling hurts TC. Dueling may enhance the experience but I have gotten the vibe lots seem to think it falls way off w/o it but I still thought it was brilliant. Still got all the air, wild elements, intensity, 2 rides for price of 1. I thought it was superb, and didnt think it lost anything by the fact it wasnt dueling. OK I never had it duel so I guess I cant compare but I deff didn't get off thinking "was fun but damn if only it did...." the only reason I dont have it as a top tier RMC was because the pacing IS pretty jank, and that's unavoidable duel or not. But yeah maybe I'm alone in thinking it doesnt suffer w/o dueling. Also someone said it above but you get TWO RMCs each ride. Like it would be a bit short on its own, but instead of running back on line thinking dang a tad short, it just goes around again. Yeah makes the pacing weird and I agree but like, how superb is that?

As this is the thread for RMC discussion, I must admit that while every single one of their rides looks brilliant, there are a few that seem to be really highly rated that I often wonder why they’re as highly rated as they are, particularly some of the company’s earlier creations. The ones I’m thinking of are:
  • Goliath at Six Flags Great America: From a non-rider’s perspective, it’s always looked quite short and lacking in some of the elements that make the RMCs so revered on the whole (it doesn’t look like it has much airtime, and the elements don’t look quite as crazy compared with some of the later ones), but it often gets really highly rated among RMCs, even when compared with some of the newer ones.
  • Iron Rattler at Six Flags Fiesta Texas: Compared with some of the others, this one doesn’t look quite as fast paced or as crazy, nor does it look to have the airtime that some of the others are known for; apart from the drop off the quarry, it doesn’t look to do as much as many of RMC’s other creations, but it often gets really raved about and ranked very highly among the RMCs.
  • Outlaw Run at Silver Dollar City: I admit that this one does look like great fun, with excellent pacing and a nice location, but it’s never looked like a really strong RMC to me; it seems to focus a lot more on speed and inversions than some of the other elements that tend to make RMCs really highly rated. However, this is another one that always gets absolutely raved about.
So I’d be intrigued to know; why are these particular RMCs so highly rated in comparison to some of the other ones?

Hmmmm interesting, perhaps this is where perception can vary wildly? I always got the feeling Goliath and IR were considered their 2 least great. I certainly hear those talked about the least/comes up very little. Even when they were new I recall there being some "WOW!" but quickly faded. So maybe that's my perception/circles I keep. But yeah not having ridden those 3 certainly Goliath and IR appear to be the weakest, they are both on the shorter end, lack as many elements esp Goliath.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
  1. Steel Vengeance
  2. Lightning Rod
  3. Outlaw Run
  4. Goliath
  5. Wonder Woman
  6. Storm Chaser
  7. Twisted Cyclone
  8. Joker
  9. Wicked Cyclone
  10. New Texas Giant
  11. Twisted Colossus

Gal Gadot. I have seen the light. I still cannot believe how rambunctious the ride was. I'm actually still processing it so it's tough to properly rank it. The only thing to knock it for is it's length. Gal is just a smidge too short, but luckily RMC will be answering that with Jersey Devil next year.

New Texas Giant is not last. I think a lot of that has to do with the ride simply igniting a revolution in the industry, but the ride itself is great. The turns in the first half were way more fun than I expected, and even though the airtime isn't bat**** intense like all of the other rides on the list, there's still plenty of it. It's RMC greatness, just the most unrefined of the lot.

Lastly, **** Six Flags' ineptitude with operations. I missed out on Iron Rattler...I'll detail why in my eventual trip report.

1. Steel Vengeance
  2. Lightning Rod
  3. Outlaw Run
  4. Goliath
  5. Twisted Timbers
  6. Jersey Devil Coaster
  7. Wonder Woman
  8. Storm Chaser
  9. Twisted Cyclone
  10. Joker
  11. Wicked Cyclone
  12. New Texas Giant
  13. Twisted Colossus

Still subject to change.

Hutch

Strata Poster
1. Steel Vengeance - There isn't a whole lot to say that hasn't been said on here, but it's really the length and amount of elements packed in here that push it to the top. Night rides on this were legendary

2. Lightning Rod - If we're looking at the quality of elements, this one probably has the best: looking at the quad down, wave turn, and banked air hill in particular. Honestly if this was longer or I had had a night ride it might be #1.

3. Twisted Timbers - So good!! Basically a longer version of Storm Chaser, while maintaining a perfect pace. The three camelbacks are delicious.

4. Storm Chaser - I've ridden this at a few different speeds/sets of wheels. In 2019 it probably had the most violent airtime on any coaster ever. Was running a little slower in 2020, but I hear it's even faster now. Regardless, it's a great mix of strong airtime and floaty inversions.

5. Wicked Cyclone - Unless it's first thing in the morning, I'm not bothered by the pacing issues. Some great airtime and great inversions, but definitely a step down from the four above.

6. Twisted Cyclone - Only got one ride so it doesn't seem fair to rank it properly. It was impressive though and had some strong airtime. It is a little short but if it were any longer and the pacing would've dwindled out. It's tricky given the momentum it has.

Hoping to finally get Jersey Devil soon!

Last edited:

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
1. Twisted Colossus - Still the king surprisingly. I'm using pain as the measure for intensity (in a good way) and nothing has come close to hurting my legs (and neck?!) with airtime as much as this thing did. The out of control-ness out of the high-five hasnt been matched either, in a ride type that starts to feel a little calculated and clinical the more you delve into it. There's also several rides below that suffer from the feeling of hitting the brakes and wanting more. You hit the brakes on this thing. Then you get more. The easy way.

2. Hakugei - Never quite as wild as the Timbers, but it felt a consistently better ride at all times of day in all parts of the train. It has more to offer and what it offers is a slightly closer to perfect mix of elements. It did lack character for me and maybe has one zero-g too many so that, combined with not being the most intense, holds it back from the top spot.

3. Iron Gwazi - God Damn Iron Gwazi. So wild and full of extremities at every level. Not the biggest airtime machine but it makes the best use of the fast paced approach in being packed full of killer manoeuvres.

4. Twisted Timbers - Insane, I retract all previous statements.

5. Steel Vengeance - It's just so damn good, but didn't have that killer instinct I was hoping for. Chuck in a handful of moments that try to hurt me, make the inversions more interesting and you've got the best in the business. For now, this is as far as it goes.

6. Zadra - A really good all rounder, particularly when I compare it to stuff like Untamed and Lightning Rod, because it also has much stronger moments in the first half to compliment that amazing ending. The big boy hill is insane, though overall it lacks in sheer quantity of airtime for my personal tastes. All the turnarounds, most comparatively the outwards banked one, were just a bit meh in comparison to the two above. Stall in the back row gives weird upside down airtime on the exit - beautiful.

7. Storm Chaser - Somehow this manages to be forgettable in such a lineup, in that I forgot to include it. Not to be underestimated though, even with the grungy look, it has big bad airtime and a satisfying raw power to the other key moments. The best of the weather ones by the tiniest margin.

8. Wicked Cyclone - Didn't get as much out of this as I would have liked (thanks again Six Flags), so it's harder to big it up. Got the right amount of length again, and the way it flows and bounces between the mixture of inversions and airtime is just beautiful. The wonky hills in particular are some of the best in the business.

9. Lightning Rod - Aww. I wanted this to be the best thing ever, but it wasn't. Expectations may have let me down slightly as I thought it was going to be one of the bigger RMCs feat. quad down, but it's actually short and quad down is 50% of the ride. The first half is a little too underwhelming for the rest of it and then just when it gets absolutely amazing, it ends.

10. Untamed - Not the most intense and contains noticeably weaker sections than any of the above. Still gives an amazing, lengthy ride that delivers a lot of incredible moments. My head says it's objectively better than the Rod, but my heart just won't let that happen at this moment. Lack of character again.

11. Twisted Cyclone - What it does is as good as its wicked and timber brothers, just half the length. Favourite bit was the immensely intense hill out of the sideways thing that you don't really see coming from the back.

12. Railblazer - Due to the wackiness and more intense airtime moments, but just really short and maybe slightly elevated by being a completely fresh experience and only doing back row at night every time.

13. Joker - Didn't manage to fall for it. Could partly be the parks fault. Higher quantity of fun elements throughout than Wildfire off the top of my head, but nothing that stands out quite as much.

14. Wildfire - Kicked into the dirt (of the top 30) even further now that Lightning Rod feels like wood and this doesn't. Still every one I've ridden since has those ingredients of what makes RMC amazing. This just doesn't do that stuff. Why?

15. Outlaw Run - Short, real short. Wheel seats are a dud right now. Some amazing elements in there, but don't like the ending.

16. Goliath - Short, real short. Quintessential RMC experience that just doesn't have enough going for it when stacked up against the rest.

17. Jersey Devil - Rode poorly, had restraint issues and lost the spirit of the single rail. It's the worst RMC, but it's still world class.

Last edited:

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
1. Twisted Colossus - Still the king surprisingly. I'm using pain as the measure for intensity (in a good way) and nothing has come close to hurting my legs (and neck?!) with airtime as much as this thing did. The out of control-ness out of the high-five hasnt been matched either, in a ride type that starts to feel a little calculated and clinical the more you delve into it. There's also several rides below that suffer from the feeling of hitting the brakes and wanting more. You hit the brakes on this thing. Then you get more. The easy way.

2. Hakugei - Never quite as wild as the Timbers, but it felt a consistently better ride at all times of day in all parts of the train. It has more to offer and what it offers is a slightly closer to perfect mix of elements. It did lack character for me and maybe has one zero-g too many so that, combined with not being the most intense, holds it back from the top spot.

3. Iron Gwazi - God Damn Iron Gwazi. So wild and full of extremities at every level. Not the biggest airtime machine but it makes the best use of the fast paced approach in being packed full of killer manoeuvres.

4. Twisted Timbers - Insane, I retract all previous statements.

5. Steel Vengeance - It's just so damn good, but didn't have that killer instinct I was hoping for. Chuck in a handful of moments that try to hurt me, make the inversions more interesting and you've got the best in the business. For now, this is as far as it goes.

6. Zadra - A really good all rounder, particularly when I compare it to stuff like Untamed and Lightning Rod, because it also has much stronger moments in the first half to compliment that amazing ending. The big boy hill is insane, though overall it lacks in sheer quantity of airtime for my personal tastes. All the turnarounds, most comparatively the outwards banked one, were just a bit meh in comparison to the two above. Stall in the back row gives weird upside down airtime on the exit - beautiful.

7. Storm Chaser - Somehow this manages to be forgettable in such a lineup, in that I forgot to include it. Not to be underestimated though, even with the grungy look, it has big bad airtime and a satisfying raw power to the other key moments. The best of the weather ones by the tiniest margin.

8. Wicked Cyclone - Didn't get as much out of this as I would have liked (thanks again Six Flags), so it's harder to big it up. Got the right amount of length again, and the way it flows and bounces between the mixture of inversions and airtime is just beautiful. The wonky hills in particular are some of the best in the business.

9. Lightning Rod - Aww. I wanted this to be the best thing ever, but it wasn't. Expectations may have let me down slightly as I thought it was going to be one of the bigger RMCs feat. quad down, but it's actually short and quad down is 50% of the ride. The first half is a little too underwhelming for the rest of it and then just when it gets absolutely amazing, it ends.

10. Untamed - Not the most intense and contains noticeably weaker sections than any of the above. Still gives an amazing, lengthy ride that delivers a lot of incredible moments. My head says it's objectively better than the Rod, but my heart just won't let that happen at this moment. Lack of character again.

11. Twisted Cyclone - What it does is as good as its wicked and timber brothers, just half the length. Favourite bit was the immensely intense hill out of the sideways thing that you don't really see coming from the back.

12. Railblazer - Due to the wackiness and more intense airtime moments, but just really short and maybe slightly elevated by being a completely fresh experience and only doing back row at night every time.

13. Joker - Didn't manage to fall for it. Could partly be the parks fault. Higher quantity of fun elements throughout than Wildfire off the top of my head, but nothing that stands out quite as much.

14. Wildfire - Kicked into the dirt (of the top 30) even further now that Lightning Rod feels like wood and this doesn't. Still every one I've ridden since has those ingredients of what makes RMC amazing. This just doesn't do that stuff. Why?

15. Outlaw Run - Short, real short. Wheel seats are a dud right now. Some amazing elements in there, but don't like the ending.

16. Goliath - Short, real short. Quintessential RMC experience that just doesn't have enough going for it when stacked up against the rest.

17. Jersey Devil - Rode poorly, had restraint issues and lost the spirit of the single rail. It's the worst RMC, but it's still world class.
Your number one seems a particularly bold choice on this forum, where so many CFers seem so bothered by the second lift hill. Twisted Colossus isn’t my favorite RMC, but it ranks up highly among them for me.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
1. Steel Vengeance (2022)
2. Iron Gwazi (2022)
3. Twisted Timbers (2022)

4. Wonder Woman: Golden Lasso Coaster (2019)
5. Iron Rattler (2019)
6. Twisted Cyclone (2018)
7. Lightning Rod (2017)
8. New Texas Giant (2018)
9. Jersey Devil (2021)

Howie

Donkey in a hat
1. Steel Vengeance. The big one. Still the daddy. It's the length that does it for me, the mammoth ride time - it just goes on and on and on in a Voyage kind of way and doesn't let up. Where most RMC's come flying into the brakes after 2 'laps' (laps of the footprint that is, not laps of the track) SteVe has another complete lap to go yet and, crucially, saves some of it's best moments for that third lap - the wave turn in the structure with that little sideways kick-out at the peak, the hilarious back-to-back finale of six ejector hills in a row. Comedy gold!

2. Untamed. The funny one. Baby SteVe. It might not have the duration of it's big brother but it does kinda invoke the same spirit, the same combination of intensity and hilarity, with a touch of downright stupidity thrown in. It just makes me laugh!

3. Wildfire. The pretty one. The reason for updating this list - I've moved this one up a couple of places. Previously languishing down in 5th or 6th place due to a couple of 'slow' spots in the layout, but I've decided to forgive that because of the unbelievably beautiful location and stunning views. And besides, the so called 'slow' spots weren't as slow as I remembered. Epic coaster.

4. Outlaw Run. The other pretty one. Great pacing, great location, I even love the barrel roll finale.

5. Zadra. The wild one. This should really be higher, the pacing from lift hill to brake run is just relentless and the stall is probably the best of the lot. However, it just doesn't make me laugh like the others. It's too serious, it has no comedy value. Therefore it's down at number 5.

6. Railblazer. Despite a couple of niggles with the train design, an incredibly intense, fun ride design with unbelievable airtime.

7. Storm Chaser. The ugly one. A blisteringly good layout - this ride literally tried to undress me - but let down by a totally uninspiring location and scruffy appearance.

8. Goliath. The short one. Really really good, bit like a smaller version of Zadra, but it's all over way too quickly, you feel short changed.

9. Joker. The purple and green one. Still the best coaster in SFDK, but decidedly 'ordinary' compared to other RMC's. Needs more speed.

Thassit.

davidm

Strata Poster
^ I have.

I'd rate SV above both Z and IG, like Howie just for the length of it ; but I reckon those 2 are about equal, maybe Z's stall edging it for me tho' (IG's stall isn't all that, but makes up for it elsewhere)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Likewise haven't updated since riding Gwazi earlier this year:

1. Steel Vengeance - It's fantastically technical masterpiece with the most airtime of any roller coaster in the world.
2. Iron Gwazi - Some of the best opening sequence of any roller coaster on the planet. If there's a gripe, which is splitting of nano-hairs; it still lacks 30 seconds of ride time on SV, which I also believe to have better, even spacing of inversions. Still in my Top 5 overall.
3. Storm Chaser - Small and mighty, the wheel upgrade this coaster took it from amazing to mind-boggling.
4. Outlaw Run - It's the OG ground-up RMC. Always a sweet spot in my heart as the first, real incarnation of RMC's engenuity.
5. Twisted Timbers - Oh hey! They RMCed a Hurler! It was a great adaptation of the former ride, following the gist and spirit of the Hurler layout while offering some new element and inversion tricks. Hurler at Carowinds would be a good next installment.
6. Iron Rattler - I really enjoyed the new direction RMC took with this quite mundane wooden coaster. (I mean seriously, go back and watch the POVs - dreadful) Lags some in the middle, but the opening drop, turn, inversion (RMC's first, I might add) is a really fun series.
7. New Texas Giant - Yeah it's the first, but it's also the most conservative by today's standards. Second half of airtime hills drags, and an ironic night-and-day versus it's bigger brother Steel Vengeance/Mean Streak. At least it got RMC started.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Surely we have more than one person who's done both Zadra and Gwazi???

I don't want @HeartlineCoaster 's post to get me too hyped for next month. :eek:
Try not to worry about the hype at all if you can help it. Any one of these could be your favourite and that shouldn't detract from any of the others, the margins are so slim at the top. Enjoy it.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
1. Steel Vengeance
2. Untamed
3. Twisted Colossus
4. Lightning Rod
5. Zadra
6. Storm Chaser
7. Outlaw Run
8. Goliath

Need to get back on Untamed, it's been way too long. Starting to doubt whether or not it's better than the incredible Twisted Colossus.

Indy

Hyper Poster
Well, somehow I've never done this one. Unlike a lot of my rankings, I decided to provide entirely too much commentary.

First, RMCs are usually more about what wasn’t perfect rather than what was good because they are almost always the (or one of the) standout attraction in the park. To alter a phrase I once heard in reference to a different subject, RMCs are like pizza… When they are good, they are really good. When they are bad, they are still pretty good.

1. Zadra - It is near perfection; the pacing, the elements, the execution, the mix of forces. I could go on and on… the stall, the wave turn, the s-bend after the wave turn, the zero-g wraparound dive loop thing through the structure. It is all sooooo good. The only imperfection is that the large airtime hill before the zero-g wraparound dive thing needs to be about 5-10 ft shorter.

2. Iron Gwazi – I like literally everything about it. Everything it does, it does extremely well. However, it comes in second because of what it doesn’t do. Plain and simple, I like other elements on other rides better. The death roll… *chef’s kiss*. That being said, I like the zero-g wraparound dive thing on Zadra better. All of those wild turns and intense pops of airtime after the stall on IG? It’s all great. However, I like the wild turns, intense pops of airtime, and zero-g roll ending on Zadra better. Purely personal preferences.

3. Wildfire – The world champ of settings for an RMC. I love this ride so much. The view from the top of the lift is absolutely stunning and the stall is one of the best executed elements of all time. The stall and subsequent wave turn with the view of the water is one of the best two element sequences around. However, right before the s-bend finale, you go over a hill and it is one of the slowest moments of any RMC that I’ve been on. It just loses so much speed, and it has to because it is barely clearing the track below it, but it’s a slight buzz kill. Nevertheless, you whip through the following s-bend and up to the brakes. Admittedly, it’d probably lose a position without the setting

4. Steel Vengeance – Yes, it’s good. It’s so incredibly good. But, we’re still splitting hairs at this point. I could knock the mid-course, but it has little effect on the enjoyment of the ride. It drops to the four spot because of two “problems.” First, similar to Iron Gwazi, I just like other elements on other rides better. It’s hard to articulate it much more in a succinct manner. Second, my number one complaint is always the ending. I really don’t care for those four tiny airtime hills before the brake run. They aren’t enjoyable. I would have rather they had opted for two larger hills or even a zero-g roll. Just something else.

5. Untamed – The champ of the mid-sized RMCs. The double inverting stall is one of the most unique and well done elements on the planet. I love everybody about it. It simply lacks the length, speed, and pace of the rides ahead of it.

6. Wicked Cyclone – What a fantastic ride. It almost pains me to have it in sixth because it is so incredibly good. I really don’t have many complaints either. The ending could have better pacing I suppose. The highlight is certainly the first inversion that is perfectly executed.

7. Storm Chaser – It is so good, but it’s kind of weird too. A little spread out in a barren piece of land. Definitely on the more intense side of the spectrum, but it sometimes gets a little too jerky. The turnaround after the overbank could be toned down a little. On the flipside, the ending is a little anticlimactic and sluggish. Still an excellent coaster.

8. Lightning Rod - I won't make any bones about it; this thing is a monster. It's exhausting. And before I go any further, I've haven't ridden it since the retrack. It didn't ride particularly well and the quadruple down was simply painful. Regardless, it's the only coaster that I've felt I needed to catch my breath on the brake run, so I can't knock it too far down.

9. Outlaw Run - An incredibly fun layout, but it's short and still manages to fizzle out really quickly. The last heartline in the backseat is practically a jojo roll with how slowly it is taken. I'm big on pacing, so crawling into the brakes is less than ideal.

10. Twisted Cyclone - Essentially a greatest hits RMC. They took the best of their previous rides and made one action-packed layout. Mid-tier, but still really, really good.

11. Medusa Steel Coaster - A really solid coaster, but one of the weaker RMCs I've ridden from an intensity level. It also had a few slight pot holes, which is incredibly nitpicky, but I have to rank these somehow.

12. Iron Rattler - There's a huge gap between 11 and 12. Everything from first drop through the zero-g roll is fantastic. Then you pop up for what is essentially an extended typical RMC pre-lift before dropping back off the cliff and slamming onto the brakes. Fun and rerideable, but unfulfilling.

13. Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster - Probably one of the top five most intense coasters I've ever ridden, but it's hurt by some of the worst rolling stock I've ever experienced. Age hasn't been kind either as the track joints have become more and more noticeable.

14. Twisted Colossus - I still don't get the love for this. Don't get me wrong, it's good. But relative to other RMCs, it's pretty bad. Average-at-best intensity with pacing that is obliterated by a 60 second intermission halfway through the ride.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Try not to worry about the hype at all if you can help it. Any one of these could be your favourite and that shouldn't detract from any of the others, the margins are so slim at the top. Enjoy it.
Mate I’m going to florida for the first time ever in 31 days… All I have right now is hype 🙈😂

I went from not caring for Disney to spending most spare hours studying the ins and outs of Genie+, dining reservations, transportation and other tips… 😂😂😂

I get what you mean though, and you’re right of course, I couldn’t even decide between Untamed and Zadra at first!!! It’s hard though, the hype levels right now are very real!

Inverting_Thrills

Mega Poster
  • Goliath at Six Flags Great America: From a non-rider’s perspective, it’s always looked quite short and lacking in some of the elements that make the RMCs so revered on the whole (it doesn’t look like it has much airtime, and the elements don’t look quite as crazy compared with some of the later ones), but it often gets really highly rated among RMCs, even when compared with some of the newer ones.

I always thought Goliath was a lower ranked RMC? Six Flags Great America is my homepark and whenever I talk to enthusiasts there they always call it a weaker RMC but I don't really know.

Inverting_Thrills

Mega Poster
I've only ridden three so most of these will be guesses based off of the POVs and various opinions I've heard.

23: RailBlazer
22: Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster
21: Stunt Pilot
20: Jersey Devil Coaster
19: Twisted Cyclone
18: Joker
17: Wonder Woman Flight of Courage
16: Medusa Steel Coaster
15: New Texas Giant
14: Iron Rattler
13: Golaith (ridden)
12: Storm Chaser
11: Outlaw Run
10: Wicked Cyclone
9: Twisted Colossus
8: lightning Rod
7: Iron Gwazi (ridden)
6: Wildfire
5: Hakugei
4: Twisted Timbers
3: Untamed
2: Zadra
1: Steel Vengeance (ridden)

cpfanatik77

Roller Poster
1. New Texas Giant (2016) - I'm sure this is just here for sentimental reasons. When I rode it in 2016, I was really trying to decide whether or not I still enjoyed coasters. I hadn't been excited about much in the industry for a few years and my stomach had gotten to where I really couldn't ride like I used to because of nausea. Then I rode NTG and it changed the game for me. It was my first RMC, and it dethroned Millennium as my favorite after 16 years. Oddly enough, I've found that as extreme as RMCs are, they don't make me nauseous, despite the inversions and craziness that they incorporate. I would really like to re-ride NTG again to compare it against all the others I've now ridden, but until then, it gets #1.

2. Iron Gwazi (2022) - The first half of the ride is my favorite RMC. The outward bank over the station and the death roll are top-notch. The back half is still really good and reminds me a lot of the second half of Twisted Timbers. So based on the first half, it gets the nod over TT.

3. Twisted Timbers (2021) - I had heard so many good things about this ride by the time I got to ride it at the end of 2018, and it did not disappoint. The first drop, the three consecutive airtime hills, the turnaround, the low-to-the-ground elements - it was all so good.

4. Steel Vengeance (2022) - Before my trip a few weeks ago, I would have had this at 5, but we had some great rides on it. Huge elements, the great inversion and cutback around the lift hill, and it keeps going and going. The last run of hops didn't hurt like I remembered them from a few years ago.

5. Wicked Cyclone (2021) - I had heard that this ride got sluggish, but I came away super impressed after our rides last summer. It packed a lot into its compact layout. I enjoyed the stall, the double down, and the final run through the structure.

6. Lightning Rod (2020) - I have had great luck with this ride and have gotten on it all three times I've been at the park since it opened. I remember seeing the launch and being amazed at how quickly it went up the hill. The two hills at the top are great. My favorite moment is the 2nd hill after the drop, that twisting, sideways airtime. The quad-down is great. The only thing keeping it from being higher is the length. And as many have said, being low on this list doesn't mean it's a bad ride, because all 10 that I have ridden are in the top 25 of what I've ridden.

7. Twisted Cyclone (2020) - A fun, quirky little ride. The elements after the initial drop are fun. The whole ride is a lot of fun. It's not going to blow your mind like some of the ones above it, but it will leave you laughing and smiling when you hit the brakes. Like a most of the rides after WC, it's length hurts it a bit.

8. Storm Chaser (2022) - Another of the fun smaller RMCs. As with TT, I love the inverted drop and the airtime hill. The banked hill was nice. The final 1/3 or so was ok, and I found it to be a little uncomfortable. But the airtime throughout the ride was great.

9. Goliath (2021) - I wasn't expecting much out of this ride, but it surprised me. The banked turnarounds at the far end of the layout don't look like much in videos, but they were forceful and taken with great speed. The stall seems to hang you there forever. As with the others, what it does is done well, but I wish there was more to it.

10. Iron Rattler (2016) - This ride has my favorite drop on any RMC I've ridden. That first drop with the slight twist to the left down into the head chopper is wonderful. The turn and inversion are fun. The top of the quarry wall gets repetitive. It's not bad, it's just not great. The dive down into the quarry wall is great as well. It's just unfortunate that the ride ends there.

SeanC

Mega Poster
Haven't gotten on a bunch of these including anything outside the US, Iron Gwazi, Joker, Outlaw Run, Jersey Devil, Twisted Cyclone, and Goliath.

10. Wonder Woman Flight of Courage (SFMM)

Just wrote about this, but this feels like the epitome of a good-not-great ride. No whip, decent ejector in the back but otherwise nothing more than a pleasant experience. Feels like a less crazy and less fun version of Twisted Colossus which is just a 5 minute walk from this ride.

9. Wicked Cyclone (SFNE)

I've read and seen reviews that said this ride is crazy despite its size, but I remember just that one moment of sideways ejector as the only real memorable moment of this ride. Still, there was weak ejector in every seat I rode in and I was glad I made the trip to ride it. Best ride in the park -- it just doesn't have the power of the other rides on this list.

8. Rail Blazer (CGA)

I have this lower than WWGLC even though it's basically the same layout. Not sure if it's the setting or just the ride didn't move as aggressively: I just didn't have the same fond memories of this one. Still crazy though.

7. Iron Rattler (SFFT)

This ride has an amazing setting but the portion on top of the wall really crawled when I road it. The drops that most people gush about weren't the "wow" moments I was hoping for and might have the weakest airtime on any ibox I have ridden.

6. Twisted Colossus (SFMM)

This ride might be in the top 3 or 4 in terms of forces on an RMC... both of the drops are insane. It would rank in my top 5 RMCs if it dueled even 2/3 of time, but it hasn't dueled for me once since the first year I rode it. So I try to look at it as two rides in one, which is still great, but it does feel like something about it is missing whenever I ride it.

5. Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster (SFFT)

Love this ride. It is a bit short but it friggin moves and has an awesome setting over the water. Every second of it is bananas.

4. Twisted Timbers (KD)

Now, we're in the part of the list of my A+ tier roller coasters. This is probably the best ride for tradition ejector airtime that I have ever ridden. My quads hurt after riding this one in the best way possible. I would have rather it had a first drop like Twisted Colossus has rather than a barrel roll, but other than that, it feels like a perfect ride for the (relatively) small plot of land on which it's situated.

3. Storm Chaser (KK)

This one is neck and neck with Twisted Timbers, but I put it slightly higher because it feels like a less perfect version of TT in the best way possible. The ejector feels like it's not constructed properly and more than a bit dangerous -- even though it's safe. The fact that it's constructed in the back of the park overlooking a sketchy-looking side street gives it a carnival feel that adds to its edginess.

2. Steel Vengeance (CP)

A masterpiece in roller coaster construction. Nonstop intensity and airtime. A long ride... almost too long. My only criticism is that it doesn't have that one moment that kicks in the way my #1 does.

1. Lightning Rod (Dollywood)

My #2 roller coaster overall. Quad down is legendary. The setting is incredible. The night ride is fantastic. Theming is cool. Yes, I wish it were more reliable. But even if Dollywood never added another roller coaster, I'd try to find a way to come back (not super easy to get to from where I am in the world) since it's such a stellar experience.