What's new

Flamingo Land | "Hero" | Zamperla Volare

Pierre

Strata Poster
Seeing as it was recently confirmed on Mushroom's video at the 'Great Days Out' event in Manchester I thought this should warrant its own topic...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXCp2ac_BMY[/youtube]

This is supposedly going on the site of the old Wild Mouse which is no longer with Flamingo Land - the positioning of this is causing a bit of a debate as to how tight and crammed that area will be due to the larger footprint of the Volare over the Wild Mouse.

There is also a Junior Twister coaster which probably doesn't warrant its own topic, its essentially a kiddie cred. This is to be positioned on the old Junior Driving Site.

A Zamperla Volare can be seen on the below video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDZioM5ni8I[/youtube]

Temleh

Mega Poster
Re: Flamingo Land | Unknown | Zamperla Volare

Regarding the tight fit, if you look at the mouse site on Google Maps you can see that there is a bit of vacant space (grass) between the coaster and the park wall next to the road. I think it would make sense for the Volare to be right up against this wall so it can fit in the old footprint as well as possible to keep the path the same width as it is now.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

I bet that loading system will cause chaos because quite a few of the people in the group I go with are in wheelchairs or have some some of mobility disability and won't be able to go up that ladder. Plus, my mum doesn't like ladders anyway.

The ride itself looks fun though.

Martyn B

CF Legend

At least they're keeping the larger site (Corkscrew) empty for the time being. Would have been a wast to dump the Volare in that large area.

I'm looking forward to the Volare, and I even think the kiddy spinner looks funky!

Tomatron

Giga Poster

What a vile combination!

I'm glad that Flamingoland are getting some new rides and they keep investing in the park, but they won't be winning any awards from the enthusiast community.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^^ Mingo won't send the bloody thing round a hundred times though. Well, three, or whatever it was.

^ I don't know. The fact that they're filling existing space and leaving the Corkscrew site free actually does bode pretty well in my opinion.

The vast majority of their customers would never have ridden a Volare. They're gross, but a "flying coaster" is a good move.

As for the comment about disabled guests. I'm not sure, but I would hazard a guess that wheelchair uses just would not be able to ride, given the fact that you have to climb onto the ladder and stand the whole way up the lift.

Pierre

Strata Poster
No idea..! Flamingo Land have just finally confirmed the rides on twitter though.

The volare is going to be called "Hero". They've also moved the junior dragon coaster near to pterodactyl which is looking like its going to be a dino themed area, especially with the new rides there named "cyclosaurus" and "twistosaurus" .... Imaginative names! :-/

But the dragon coaster being moved leaves an even bigger open footprint on old corkscrew site...

Martyn B

CF Legend
Glad to hear that the dragon coaster is getting moved, would have looked stupid sitting there on it's own. I wonder if they'll actually give it a theme?

And them names are pretty awful, although I dont mind "Hero" so much...

Jake

Strata Poster
Hero is a dreadful name. Knock-off Superman I guess?

I love how they keep getting kiddie coasters that are like, the same, just to keep their cred count up <3. Such whores <3. I'm waiting for them to get a row of 20 butterflies just to spite SFMM <3.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I'm guessing they have to do a station stop for wheelchairs, and as Gavin mentioned, if you can't stand for over a minute or so, you won't be able to ride.

Pierre

Strata Poster
I know this is for 'Hero' but does 'Twistosaurus' deserve its own topic? I don't think so...

Anyway, this is the design for Twistosaurus' cars.

BFK-G4_CEAA3_LH.jpg:large

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
^^ Those mega cute cars are the best thing about all these 2013 additions to FL. Eggcellent!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: Flamingo Land | "Hero" | Zamperla Volare

^ Yeah, they're all cancelled. You can't go. Sucks to be you.