Mega Poster
Iron Meance’s drop track have arrived!
Source: @dorneypark
19a62627b86927524c1bc7584c80b047.jpg

285e760d76c6a29f06a7f2977546167e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaliAngel

Roller Poster
These look much better without the flat turn in between.

I kind of like the flat turn, gives a couple seconds of anticipation at that height before you get to the holding brake. It's too bad the catwalks that run along it kinda kill that height vibe though.

Would be REALLY cool is if they did a slow 45/90 degree outward bank turn after the lift with no catwalks under the train instead of just the flat turn, take some advantage of that height with a terrifying lean before you get to the main drop.

With a relatively simple layout (out and back) I really feel like this ride would have benefitted from some tunnels, both after the first drop, and maybe after the zero-g roll, just something to kind of spice it up a bit. Little touches like that can really propel a basic ride into something that stands out.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Taking a vein from Cedar Point, Dorney Park will be holding their very first Winter Chill Out on March 16. This park needs to do major construction projects more often, the coverage this year and access for enthusiasts has been up there with Thorpe.
GGd8T2jXgAEN3Rc.jpeg

In terms of the actual project, Iron Menace will be accompanied by the Steel Yard, Cedar Fair's latest trendy new area. The Flyers will be renamed to M.T. Buckets (couldn't make this one up if you tried) and the Dorney Grill will become Iron Mill Grill & Bar. Oh also, if you take the artwork below at face value, a beloved attraction is being resurrected alongside it. Remember Stinger? Anyone?
Screen Shot 2024-02-17 at 1.21.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-17 at 1.21.38 AM.png
1708150835009.png
1708151185341.png

In terms of other stuff you couldn't make up, the full list of name suggestions is attached below. Before you judge too harshly, most of these never made the shortlist for good reason.

Final note, a tad unrelated but the future of Meteor (Zamperla Hawk) is unclear after it was removed from the website and various locals are calling its death. No official word or confirmation at this time.

Attachments

• IMG_8638.jpg
    IMG_8638.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 37

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I wonder why they went for 7 seat train width? I mean, it's fine, I don't have any issue with it, I'm just curious as to what the thinking was behind that decision?

B&M: "You'd like a Dive Coaster? No problem, we do them in 6, 8 or 10 seat wide configurations, which would you like?"
Dorney Park: "Can we have one with 7?"

Just seems like a weird choice to me. 🤷‍♂️