What's new

Alabama Adventure | Cheddar Chase | L&T Systems Wild Mouse | 2022

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
Cheer up, buddy; apparently this wild mouse is actually pretty intense and fun!
Have ridden it over 100 times at Winnie, it's a great coaster, and Im glad its staying local, but its sticking to the 5 steps forward, 2 steps back statement I made a few weeks ago

Twisterfan1995

Roller Poster
Well this is a bit underwhelming. But looking back on the Thanksgiving video and their responses , it sounds like they are gearing up to add/redo a good amount of the dry park and "transform it into a place for families to enjoy' (paraphrasing) as they put it, and fill out that section of the park more. family ride and some theming/landscape updates for 2022, and a higher profile attraction for 2023.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
It must suck for you guys with this as your local park to see the whinging and whining in the Thorpe thread about a 70m tall Mack hyper.

jay37415

Mega Poster
FWIW - I was the one who mentioned to Derek that this is probably the Wild Mouse from Lake Winine. He was disappointed when I said that so it probably hurts him to update the AA page.

I went to Lake Winine in 2019 and the Wild Mouse was not running. The past two years it hasn't been listed on their website. So the coaster is probably better off going to AA where they can invest to get it running again. I personally feel that this is basically a filler coaster while AA works on something bigger.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
FWIW - I was the one who mentioned to Derek that this is probably the Wild Mouse from Lake Winine. He was disappointed when I said that so it probably hurts him to update the AA page.

I went to Lake Winine in 2019 and the Wild Mouse was not running. The past two years it hasn't been listed on their website. So the coaster is probably better off going to AA where they can invest to get it running again. I personally feel that this is basically a filler coaster while AA works on something bigger.
that's my hope at this point. Birmingham (and Huntsville) need a park that willing to at least be in the same conversation as SFOG. Does the park need 9 coasters? No. But at least something more.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
Well, its confirmed Wild Lightning from Lake Winnie, but also, more rides will be announced over the months. Flats I assume.

Last edited:

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
More rides will be announced over the months. Flats I assume.
Four new rides, TBD. We know that they had reps at IAAPA making deals. I’m going to speculate on the specifics and say that they bought two family rides and two thrill rides. Let’s take it up a notch and predict that this includes a music express and enterprise. 😏

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
Alright, so I am bored, and since we have this thread, lets speculate.

The Facebook comments by the park teases something bigger in the future.

1640901252179.png
this is from early December.

If this is a coaster, you know it won't be B&M, probably no one like Intamin also. A Gerstluaer or some kind of RMC product seem to be the most likely, but lets through Vekoma and Premier in there. If I am both Alabama Adventure and Vekoma, I think a partnership ala Zamperla and Luna Park where protoypes would be tested would be great.

I just hope this isn't another false promise.

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
tbf,

American I guess I dunno
Yeah, I was mostly joking. Y’know, cause it’s basically what EL is. It would be cool to see in the US but I don’t really see Vekoma doing that, especially because they haven’t done much business outside of Europe and Asia.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
Yeah, I was mostly joking. Y’know, cause it’s basically what EL is. It would be cool to see in the US but I don’t really see Vekoma doing that, especially because they haven’t done much business outside of Europe and Asia.
well thats where a partnership with Alabama Adventure could be great. You have an American park that needs you, and you get a foothold to show off with this park.

Win win.