What's new

Coaster Swap

Joseph Hudson

Roller Poster
don't know if idea already has a thread but if you could swap any coasters at if different parks to improve both parks what coasters would you swap and why. here my idea
Wicker Man (Alton Towers) for Flying Dutchman (Efetling) for a start Alton Towers need a water ride of some description and highly themed water coaster would perfect for Alton Towers while I think a highly theme woodie like wicker man would fit amazingly at efetling and theming may even be improved at efeltling . you say as many as you I wanted to have two but I couldn't think of anther one that would hurt one of the parks.

Dan?

Roller Poster
don't know if idea already has a thread but if you could swap any coasters at if different parks to improve both parks what coasters would you swap and why. here my idea
Wicker Man (Alton Towers) for Flying Dutchman (Efetling) for a start Alton Towers need a water ride of some description and highly themed water coaster would perfect for Alton Towers while I think a highly theme woodie like wicker man would fit amazingly at efetling and theming may even be improved at efeltling . you say as many as you I wanted to have two but I couldn't think of anther one that would hurt one of the parks.
...Doesn't Efteling already have a well themed woodie, by the same manufacturer?

RcTmix

Mega Poster
Swap the Kings Gigas. Send I305 to Ohio, and Orion to Virginia. Kings Dominion gets a solid giga with mass appeal that is easy to reride multiple times. This may temper their absurd 1-2 punch in the eyes of some goons, but would be better in terms of marketability.

Kings Island gets a massive ride with melt-your-face-off intensity, which is something they lack. This would also create a more obvious contrast between the KI hyper and Giga. The ride experiences are totally different, but you can understand why some gp say “it’s like the same ride”

Howie

Donkey in a hat
The Ride To Happiness belongs at Efteling, I feel. Cor blimey, imagine that!
I reckon Efteling would probably splash out on even more lavish theming and landscaping than Plopsaland did too. That piss poor 'waterfall' in the RTH plaza, for example. At Efteling it would be far more impressive than a bit of butyl liner with a hose pipe running down it. Keep the theme, the soundtracks and the sexy robot lady and ignore the fact that Tomorrowland is in fact a Belgian festival, not a Dutch one.
It would give Efteling that killer coaster that it currently lacks and the themes of joy, nature and contentment would fit in well with Efteling's overall vibe.

It's too good for Plopsaland anyway, too intense for their family demographic and it hardly ever gets a big queue, so I do wonder if it boosted visitor numbers in quite the way Plopsaland hoped? 🤔
Maybe they would have been better off with something a wee bit more 'conventional'. Not Joris, obviously, cos they've already got Heidi and not the Flying Dutchman cos they've already got a splash boat ride. Baron might work at Plopsa but again it might be too intimidaring for their family audience.
That leaves Python or Vogel Rok, then.
Yeah that'll do, either of those would work fine at Plopsa, both would add something to the line up without being too far 'out there' for their customer base.
Boom. Job done.