What's new

Who'd be a millionare...?

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
I posted this recently on the fabby valley mania site, and it really got me thinking, so I chuck it out to you the informed many.

Variation on a theme here, but I suspect it could be a bit of a hoot.

Right, give yourself a budget, say £1 million, and with it cost out what you'd spend it on to lift a park of your chosing far above what it is now. Here's the snag though - you need to find 5 rides to fill the park with, and include in your budget a costing for theming (i.e. What you'd do, not just what you'd spend), and let's find out just how in touch with reality we are...

Oops, just to point out, that's 1m pounds, not dollars, and as you can get a decent flat ride for about 200,000, it's not as unrealistic as you may think. Try the Ital used ride website as a guide, for example.

Mike

Giga Poster
With a budget of £1 million, it'ld be hard enough to find one decent affordable ride, let alone 5 with theming. :?

marc

CF Legend
Yeah have to agree thats not enough for 5 good rides, 12 million is not even enough for one as we have found out :)

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Good Flats at 3 mill (ish) a piece...

Decent coasters at 10 - 13 mill...

Quality theming would be a considerable amount...

I would knock the budget up to around 20 - 30 million atleased. Probally higher.

A

Anonymous

Lol! I was just thinking of this today. Someone in Spain has won @ 110million in the eurolotto, and I was wondering what rollercoasters I could get built for me with that money!
I decided I would get my own park built and it would have a Nightmare before christmas theme...the main coaster would be Jack Skellington inspired and have Zero cars, with a junior moterbike coaster too, but the bikes would be skeletal reindeer instead. There would be either a Halloween or Christmas theme in various areas of the park, with an Oogie's lair area and Dr Finklesteins haunted castle...just gutted I don't live in Spain. :-D

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
the reason I ask is simply this; most of us expect parks to be shelling out 10m for rides, money they just don't in most cases have; so what I'm asking is for creativity in how to improve parks, without spending a lot, as much as anything, to see if it is possible. There's loads of websites such as ital's one to act as a base for prices. The rides don't need to be ground breaking, just innovative, don't need to be new, just good at what they do, but also, ideally with a lot of scope for adaptive themeing...

Ollie

CF Legend
southend_marc said:
Yeah have to agree thats not enough for 5 good rides, 12 million is not even enough for one as we have found out :)

You're pushing it Marc. You really are. :p

Stop ragging on him guys, his topic was perfectly fine. But maybe instead of asking which rides we'd build AND theme with a million, can we answer how we would just THEME existing rides for one million?

A

Anonymous

Ben said:
Paranoid said:
just gutted I don't live in Spain. :-D

Yeah, that's the reason you didn't win the lottery, geography.

Lol, Sorry kid, but I think the fact I don't buy tickets has more to do with it ;-)