What's new

Which Coasters Have You Had a Zen Ride On?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
The wing coaster (picture below) and Blue Fire clone at Colourful Yunnan, Dragon (relocated Led Zeppelin B&M) in Vietnam are the ones that stand out. A couple of Jungle Trailblazers.

bc36110d791179eddc6b6f501ab6d8db.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Managed a zen ride on Flying Aces… and it was garbage! Rode it again with a fully loaded train, and the speed of that added weight was extremely noticeable.

Sometimes roller coasters are meant to be ridden with friends!

Indy

Hyper Poster
Manager a zen ride on Flying Aces… and it was garbage! Rode it again with a fully loaded train, and the speed of that added weight was extremely noticeable.

Sometimes roller coasters are meant to be ridden with friends!
Yesssss. I'm a big believer that zen rides are generally garbage.

Also, I'm stunned that you managed a zen ride on Flying Aces in the first place. They would wait for nearly full trains during my visit!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Yesssss. I'm a big believer that zen rides are generally garbage.

Also, I'm stunned that you managed a zen ride on Flying Aces in the first place. They would wait for nearly full trains during my visit!
It was a quite dead day at the park, and dispatches were getting funky towards the end of the night. Essentially roaming herds of people meant 20-person dispatches, or absolutely dead stations. It was indeed strange.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
I’ve never had any true ‘zen rides’ by myself, but I would consider the only riders being ‘me and just one riding companion’ to give a unique zen-like experience.

So to that end, I’ve had ‘almost-but-not-really-zen-rides’ on Iron Gwazi and El Toro.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
I’ve never had any true ‘zen rides’ by myself, but I would consider the only riders being ‘me and just one riding companion’ to give a unique zen-like experience.

So to that end, I’ve had ‘almost-but-not-really-zen-rides’ on Iron Gwazi and El Toro.
Same, which means I can count Gouderix at Astérix and Sheikra at BGT.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I actually found this ride to feel pretty Zen with a full train, would’ve loved to do it alone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Careful now. If you already find it pretty Zen to begin with, then having a Zen ride on it would mean risking becoming one with the universe.

JackFish

Mega Poster
The only one I've had was Outlaw run, it was a rainy weekday and the park was empty, it was so cool to be on my #1 by myself.

StampidaRMC

Roller Poster
Had a zen ride on Montaña Russa in Tibidabo (Barcelona). Not the best coaster bet, I'll take what I can get.

Mattlighting

Roller Poster
I don't know if zen is the right word, but, the recently had the pleasure of riding Ghostrider at Knott's. Last train of the day, front rider and just after the rain. 3rd time that day and it went like s**t of a stick. It really stands out as a moment that encapsulated a trip to California that was full of amazing memories. That's still my last coaster of the year (so far) and I loved every second.

thepoweroften

Roller Poster
Just Cliffhanger at Blackgang chine (RIP). Although technically I wasn’t the only person on the ride, my friend was there as well, but as we were together I feel like that counts. We rode twice at different times of day and both times we were the only people on the ride lol

Thinking about it I've had a fair amount of solo rides but only on the one coaster. The coaster in question is Cosmic Typhoon at the Milky Way Adventure Park. Nothing special, just a zyklon clone. But I marathoned it for pretty much the entirety of the two days I went (17 rides the first day, 15 the next) Couldn't tell you how many zen rides I got on this thing - can't remember in all honesty - but it was probably around 10.

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-06 at 17.42.39 (3).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-08-06 at 17.42.39.jpeg

Last edited: