What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

spicy

Giga Poster

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
The hardware is going to be swallowing a majority of the cost, so there will likely be minimal theming and some paving. I think it can be forgiven considering the scale of this investment - which is likely going to be one of the biggest the park has ever had.

I'm envisaging something a bit like Icons loose theme - just less B&Q tile aisle.

English Coaster Guy

Roller Poster
Interestingly, 'Exodus' is a passage in the bible about the departure of Israelite slaves from Egypt. That looks to be some kind of Egyptian theme, for sure.

Ermm, yeah.

This screams Amanda Thompson. Wonder if Thorpe consulted her after her genius idea to theme Icon to a Japanese bathroom. I mean, boxy station clad with tiles from B&Q themed to a country/back story of zero relevance!? This is her work.

Tbf I don't care much for the theme, none of us go to Thorpe park to immerse ourselves do we.

Lukas D

Roller Poster
Certainly different can’t think of many gold coasters if any?
Well, there's Pantheon at BGW and there's Hals-über-Kopf at Tripsdrill. The golden colour scheme works really well and I'm glad we're going to see more of that.

Niles

Giga Poster
I like this idea of an Egyptian theme, but im trying to think of where else they could go.

Unless they retheme the whole old town area the Burger king and toilets will be a odd tiny theme next to whatever they do. So i think they may build off the old theme, this time taking more from native Americans and if i could pick anything i would theme it to the Thunderbird.

We have seen in the plans theming that looks to be a little bird.
exodusexternals06.jpg

With the building being timber clad that fits more into an "old town" style.

Mabey the bird took over the area scaring the loggers and railroad away? Simple but it would fit, with the coaster height it fits a mythical creature touching the sky, soaring around the area.

Some depictions.
NA_ThunderbirdHouseScreen copy.jpg
Thunderbird_on_Totem_Pole.jpg

Now im very much speculating but what's the only thing from the loggers site to remain untouched and still watches over the site? This guy.
IMG_20230421_222530.jpg

No matter what has been cleared so far he gets moved to watch over the area, coincidence?? (Probably 😅).

But i think this would be a nice way to pay homage to old town while modernizing it and continuing its story, im very unlikely to be right but thats what i would like for a theme.

Last edited:
When I first saw the winged creature on the station I though it could be a scarab beetle or something but in fairness the idea of the thunderbird makes a lot more sense. (If this is the case, I wouldn't mind Thunderbird as a name either)

Ethan

Strata Poster
I think rather than an obvious Egyptian theme, it'll be something more ambiguous perhaps? I'm thinking something along the lines of the coaster being a huge structure built by an ancient civilisation, something of legend like the Colossus of Rhodes etc. Those hieroglyphs are hinting something like that to me.

I think rather than an obvious Egyptian theme, it'll be something more ambiguous perhaps? I'm thinking something along the lines of the coaster being a huge structure built by an ancient civilisation, something of legend like the Colossus of Rhodes etc. Those hieroglyphs are hinting something like that to me.
I can definitely see it being more of an "ambience" especially with the coaster eating up most of the budget. The one thing I'd really like to see them go all out on is the train design though. I will be slightly disappointed if we just see the default (eg. Blue Fire...) or one we've seen before (eg. Helix, Icon...).

Last edited:

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Egyptian theming but more abstract, you say? Hmm…

I think the ‘Stargate’ IP might just about have the right level of ‘Thorpe appropriate momentum’ behind it…? 🤔

spicy

Giga Poster
I like this idea of an Egyptian theme, but im trying to think of where else they could go.

Unless they retheme the whole old town area the Burger king and toilets will be a odd tiny theme next to whatever they do. So i think they may build off the old theme, this time taking more from native Americans and if i could pick anything i would theme it to the Thunderbird.

We have seen in the plans theming that looks to be a little bird.
View attachment 24700

With the building being timber clad that fits more into an "old town" style.

Mabey the bird took over the area scaring the loggers and railroad away? Simple but it would fit, with the coaster height it fits a mythical creature touching the sky, soaring around the area.

Some depictions.
View attachment 24701
View attachment 24702

Now im very much speculating but what's the only thing from the loggers site to remain untouched and still watches over the site? This guy.
View attachment 24703

No matter what has been cleared so far he gets moved to watch over the area, coincidence?? (Probably ).

But i think this would be a nice way to pay homage to old town while modernizing it and continuing its story, im very unlikely to be right but thats what i would like for a theme.

This would be absolutely awesome.

Some obscure random piece of Loggers theming ends up having the UK’s tallest rollercoaster themed after him.

Quite the comeback story!

CineramaMax

Mega Poster
It's clearly thunderbird themed. The themed aesthetic points towards a very Loggers Leap/Canada Creek inspired style with the natural timber cladding and golden bird emblem. The painting gradient, while deliberate to eliminate 'visual pollution' in the surrounding area and greenbelt, looks very mountain inspired with the earthy gold paint job they've chosen. So my personal hunch is leading me to assume that Project Exodus is themed on the thunderbird's flight over the Canadian Rockies. To make it even clearer, the Thunderbird totem from Loggers Leap visibly remains on the construction site.

Last edited:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Seeing a lot of people jump on the 'omg it's gold' wagon, which seems to overlook the fact that it will be "pearl gold", which is more 'brown' than the traditionally thought of 'gold' colour in my opinion...

1683392699002.png

Whatever theme/style they're going for, it's obviously going to be very light. There's no major theming pieces in the plans. The station building is very simple. That's not to say there'll be no theming, but it's simply going to be minimal. That's fine with a coaster like this too imo.

I don't think an Egyptian theme does it for me. Something like that could work well at Thorpe, but not for this. This ride is ALL about the height, tacking on some Egyptian hieroglyphics and whatever doesn't hit the spot for me.

Some sort of soaring bird over nature would be much better. Simple, easy to understand, makes sense. Just ticks all the boxes.