spicy

Giga Poster
92ce62a6b0f78ff0e45ac9cd6907d511.jpg

Erm, wtf?!

Niles

Giga Poster
Looks like a ski resort to me 😂
IMG_20231130_194109.jpg

I not sure what colour it is as many different ones popped up, i prefer the old infinity one.

FogZog

Mega Poster
They flashed so many colours in the premiere I didn’t know what it was. The mint green is cute but the O in Thorpe Park is like a shopping trolley with one skew-whiff wheel 🙃

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Oh, okay. I'm kind of inclined to stick up for new logos and whatnot as they almost always get slated, but it looks something off a bike rental shack. I'm sorry but whilst I understand the global graphic design trend towards simplification (which is driven guy mobile Web and app design) but this is a theme park, be a little bit playful.

Edit: I saw a tweet which suggested it looked like something that was designed on The Apprentice, I hate to be mean and negative I truly do, but I'm inclined to agree.

emoo

Hyper Poster
Unsurprisingly disappointing. Looks ok on the one poster I've seen it on I guess 🤷

Wary of how it will look on the parks road entrance on the faux track. I could adjust to a large 3D sign with individual letters if done well but will crap over a billboard.

Not altered any intentions for visiting and riding Hyperia asap, and won't suddenly make me buy merch again.

spicy

Giga Poster
I mean the logo itself is fine... but for a theme park? err...
It looks like a rent-a-car logo or something.

Exactly this.

The logo is getting some serious negative feedback online.

The fact they have hyped it up so much online I don't think has helped it.. A YouTube mini series reiterating the new direction the park is taking, it's a whole new era, with the home of feel good thrills, quoting Maya Angelou etc.. When in reality it's literally just Thorpe Park written in a generic font.

Lukas D

Roller Poster
Well, I do enjoy the boldness of the font. And I do enjoy how the font and the colour palette both scream 1979 to me, which is a nice nod to the park's roots.
but the O in Thorpe Park is like a shopping trolley with one skew-whiff wheel 🙃
That's what's really bothering me about this.

Matt N

CF Legend
Perhaps controversially, I actually quite like it! It will definitely take some getting used to, as new things always do, but I think it’s clean and classy!

The logo is fine but I just wish it had something more, it's a bit bland currently. I'm not sure what but for a theme park logo it's definitely lacking that "fun" element, if you know what I mean.

On a more positive note, I think the park's new direction and especially the snippet of soundtrack are pretty good! It's just that pesky logo!

Sandman

Giga Poster
I agree with the above sentiment, as logos go it's fine. But, for a theme park like Thorpe Park? Absolutely not!

I thought this was a joke or parody at first glance. The teal one looks like some insurance agency logo that my eyes skim past every day at work.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
The new logo is legitimately sh*t.

I actually thought someone was trolling when I first saw it pop up on social media.

The comment about it looking like something off The Apprentice is spot on.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Struggling to think of positive things to say about the new logo, it's properly bland and boring. I can't see where the actual marketing potential is in it. The last logo had the infinity sign, and they were able to make good use of it all the time. What they gonna do with this one? include a pissed up 'o' on everything?

However, then I remembered the build up, and the 3 part video series, that was actually good fun. So there's my positive comment, the build up was great, the end product not so much.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Edit: I saw a tweet which suggested it looked like something that was designed on The Apprentice, I hate to be mean and negative I truly do, but I'm inclined to agree.
Yes! James from Team GPTerrific doing his best to defend the version he didn't like but was outvoted.

I genuinely thought this was a GIF and was waiting for the logo part of the logo to rollercoaster its way behind the lettering!

I don't "get" it. I don't know how I'm supposed to feel when I see it, there's not a lot there to evoke emotion or recognition beyond the quirky 'O'. It's weirdly busy for something so bland.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
The new logo is legitimately sh*t.

I think the park itself has been legitimately **** and that’s what they need to move away from.

This is presumably a Hermes -> Evri sort of thing. A wildly new logo to earmark a new era (in which hopefully the whole park doesn’t continue to look like a total dump). In fairness to Thorpe, repainting collosus and retheming ABL is a good start… not that ABL ever looked particularly awful.

I wonder if they can spare the change to give Storm Surge the WD40 treatment and a power wash.

I have no idea what Merlin were thinking with letting these parks / rides get to such a state.