What's new

The Mukaab - 360° Cinema The Size Of The Empire State Building

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Wasnt sure if this should go on a coaster forum, however it is basically a giant stand alone amusement park attraction and its pure ridiculousness needed talking about 🤣
Not content with just a few giant mega projects that will stall half way through and become huge white elephants sat empty in the desert the Saudi's have announced yet another one.

The Mukaab is essentially an enormous 360° cinema with a skyscraper in it. (I guess the views in Riyadh arent the most inspiring so why not make your own?
Mukaab1.jpg

The central tenant of the project is an enormous dome theatre containing what is essentially an indoor skyscraper containing retail and dining options.
The "Theatre" is contained within an even bigger 400m^3 cube which contains residential properties.

Heres a ridiculous video showing some overhyped (and in the case of some of the holograms probably impossible) CGI images.

I put this on about as likely to happen as their mad "The Line" project. I'm not sure we even have the technology to pull this off.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
"360° Cinema The Size Of The Empire State Building" - I think you are underselling it - the size of 20 Empire State Buildings!

🤣
To be fair the whole cube fits 20 Empire State Buildings. It desnt mention how many fit in the inner dome :p

Lofty

CF Legend
Yet another absolutely insane project that 5 years ago we'd all say "Not gonna happen".

I'm really quite impressed with the ingenuity and sheer gall of the Saudi's with their impressive new infrastructure projects. It's insane.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
That actually looks insane, it's like creating The Matrix in there.

At least they actually break ground on these crazy projects..

We couldn't even break ground on the London Resort in the UK 🤣
The upside of the UK bureaucracy is that it tends to stop projects like that before they reach the "half-built structures left abandoned due to lack of money" stage.

spicy

Giga Poster
The upside of the UK bureaucracy is that it tends to stop projects like that before they reach the "half-built structures left abandoned due to lack of money" stage.

This is true, however it deprives us of the exciting pictures of mud in the construction threads :(