What's new

Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Dr. Diabolical's Cliffhanger | B&M Dive Coaster | 2022

Pear

Strata Poster
Six Flags Fiesta Texas has begun teasing their 2022 addition! The removal of the Sundance Theater has also been confirmed which leaves a pretty good plot of land to work with!

02a6c37c8ab22b1238f5ed2f935a3545.jpg

There is also a blimp with 2022 flying above the park now which could indicate the height of the future attraction

image0.jpg

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I've been hearing S&S Axis thrown around a lot... SFFT is the Six Flags prototype park and I'm pretty sure Jeffrey Siebert hinted at this being a world's first and 5 years in the making, so I reckon that's what we could be seeing here. Also given that SF love to milk American companies due to it being cheaper, a brand new axis with the standard layout probably wouldn't be too expensive either and would be easily marketable. Exciting times for the US industry next year that's for sure!

Also given how early in the season this is being teased and the quantity of teasing/hype surrounding the addition, it again reverberates the idea of this being a new coaster or at least some kind of large-scale investment.

cocoa

Mega Poster
would they be able to build in the plots of land adjacent to/ behind the theatre? looks like a small plot otherwise

Pear

Strata Poster
I've been hearing S&S Axis thrown around a lot... SFFT is the Six Flags prototype park and I'm pretty sure Jeffrey Siebert hinted at this being a world's first and 5 years in the making, so I reckon that's what we could be seeing here. Also given that SF love to milk American companies due to it being cheaper, a brand new axis with the standard layout probably wouldn't be too expensive either and would be easily marketable. Exciting times for the US industry next year that's for sure!

Also given how early in the season this is being teased and the quantity of teasing/hype surrounding the addition, it again reverberates the idea of this being a new coaster or at least some kind of large-scale investment.
The stock Axis model actually fits quite well in the plot of land with the theater. Here is a NL2 mockup by Jake Anderson (https://jacobcanderson.myportfolio.com/)

image0.jpg

RcTmix

Mega Poster
It would be exciting to see an Axis built. If that's what this new project is, combined with iron rattler and wonder woman, SFFT could have quite a notable top 3.

Maybe I'm just looking for something to nitpick here, but the steampunk plague doctor seems an interesting choice given the past 18 months.

This fits so well its almost scary. This might tie in with the so-called mystery S&S project that Screamscape was reporting was on the way to a SF park back in August for around this time.
Yeah the original rumours were an RMC Raptor, an S&S Coaster which would be a follow-up to Maxx Force (so this does makes sense as the next S&S coaster in the chain) and a Premier Coaster project, as well as Zamperla family rides and a Screamin Swing.

SFMM - RMC Raptor
SFFT - S&S
SFOG? - Premier Rides

That's just my idea anyway. Maybe the RMC Raptor doesn't include the SFMM one since we knew that already so maybe a Raptor for SFOG.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Yeah the original rumours were an RMC Raptor, an S&S Coaster which would be a follow-up to Maxx Force (so this does makes sense as the next S&S coaster in the chain) and a Premier Coaster project, as well as Zamperla family rides and a Screamin Swing.

SFMM - RMC Raptor
SFFT - S&S
SFOG? - Premier Rides

That's just my idea anyway. Maybe the RMC Raptor doesn't include the SFMM one since we knew that already so maybe a Raptor for SFOG.
From what I've heard SFOG is after an S&S air launch rather than a Premier Rides coaster.

Matt N

CF Legend

SFMM - RMC Raptor
SFFT - S&S
SFOG? - Premier Rides

I remember a Prototype Raptor for SFStL was also planned, so maybe the SFStL Raptor will materialise in 2022?

It’s also worth remembering that a fair number of Six Flags’ 2020 projects are still being delayed to 2022; at very least, I know that both Aquaman Power Wave at Six Flags Over Texas and Sidewinder Safari at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom have been delayed to 2022.

In terms of SFFT’s project; the S&S Axis wouldn’t surprise me at all. The ride type seemed very “Six Flags” at the time of its announcement, and SFFT has often been a testing ground of sorts for the company, so I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we do see the first ever S&S Axis coming to SFFT in 2022, especially given that the stock model fits the space being cleared perfectly.

I have an alternative suggestion, however; could this ride, or at very least one of the Six Flags rides opening in 2022, possibly be the record-breaking Gerstlauer announced a bit back, due to open in May 2022?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Not been mentioned on here but Poltergeist is also undergoing a significant refurb/retheme and a complete repaint and will be closing on July 4th to begin the process.

You can see a video from the reveal event below as well, where some other information also came to light about other park projects that will be part of an ongoing 30th Anniversary celebration for the park that will begin later this year. One such project will be a major renovation to the park’s Poltergeist coaster that will add a new themed experience to the attraction as well as an indoor air conditioned queue section and all new paint colors. To do this, Poltergeist will run through to the July 4th weekend and then shut down to allow for the extended refurbishment. Check out the video for all the details!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Ok so this guy has done a really in-depth analysis of all the teasing that the park have done for this new ride, and he's predicted the ride model, theme/story, name and opening date:-

Video by JB Thrills.

He did the same thing with Dare Devil Dive Flying Machines last year and got the ride model and theme bang on. I really recommend a watch. In short, he predicts a standard layout S&S axis (which pretty much everyone agrees on), and will be named Apocalypse, and themed to a post-pandemic world (coincidence? I think not). Very interesting indeed.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
All of those companies all make launch coasters (triple launches even more specifically), we just haven't seen the Zamperla one yet. And of course, SIX have worked with all of them, but interesting to see Gerstlauer on there given the NTG incident.

Honestly though if they do get a Zamperla Double Heart, I hope it would be the hyper model. Otherwise, MEH. But I'm still betting on an Axis.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Joker and Dare Devil Dive are both Zamperla manufactured. Batman and Sky Scream are S&S products. Pandemonium is a Gerstlauer model, and Poltergeist was made by Premier. This riddle can be sliced so many different ways, but which one is correct?