What's new

Of Coasters and Parks that Could Have Been...

Foxstar1387

Roller Poster
The Arrow-Vekoma boomerang that could have been in place at Camelot. It got canceled due to not getting permission on the grounds of noise and possibly being an eye sore from the roads.

( This one is mostly un substantiated scuttle butt ) Possible Vekoma sitdown looper for Southport Pleasure Land. prior to the parks closure in 2006. Along the lines of Millenium coaster at Fantasy Island ingold.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Oh! I could think of a unique selling point for a Hyper: An enclosed 100ft+ Airtime Hill. A World record breaker and world's first

Or a Zero G Roll Hill. The world's first Hyper Coaster with a Zero G Roll
I'm still wondering if you're basing the SFKK thing (Knight Flight and Superman) just off that video. That said an enclosed airtime hill isn't much of a USP.

Last edited:

cookie

Giga Poster
Universal Studios London. Can't imagine that wouldn't have uprooted the entire UK theme park scene if it came to pass.

On the subject of European movie-themed parks, Disney MGM Studios Europe. Would've been built and opened a mere four years after Disneyland Paris itself did, and like its neighbor park it would've been hella ambitious in scale and detail. The studio park we eventually got only came to be because of contractual obligations.

2653a09d94c6479dc316947ab9ff6bb6.jpg

Last edited:

cookie

Giga Poster
A pretty big what-if revealed recently by a former Efteling park director: Efteling had plans to acquire Parc Astérix in the mid-90s and convert it into basically a second Efteling. The plan went as far as them commencing talks with the then owners of Astérix, but no deal ended up being struck.

CoasterGoji_501

Roller Poster
The GhostRider wooden coaster planned for Astroworld in 99, They decided to instead add an SLC
The B&M Stand Up that was dropped for Batwing at Six Flags America
Lake Monster, The overhaul of Predator at Six Flags Darien Lake
The Rebuilt Excalibur for Frontier City
The Rebuilt Big Bend for Six Flags St. Louis
The B&M Hyper that was cancelled and replaced with Rip Ride Rock It
The B&M Inverts for Kings Island, Kings Dominion, and Canada's Wonderland that were cancelled for "In Proximity" reasons
The B&M Invert for Valleyfair
The B&M Giga for Cedar Point
The Rock N' Rollercoaster clone for DCA themed to No Doubt
your telling me a ghostrider clone was planed for astroworld?

Inverting_Thrills

Mega Poster
The GhostRider wooden coaster planned for Astroworld in 99, They decided to instead add an SLC
The B&M Inverts for Kings Island, Kings Dominion, and Canada's Wonderland that were cancelled for "In Proximity" reasons
I'm sorry, but is your source Theme Park Predictions or something? Some of these I could see but others seem very out there. If you could link some sources that would be appreciated.

Matt N

CF Legend
I’ve also heard the rumbling that Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit was supposed to be a B&M hyper, and the only reason it wasn’t was because B&M’s order book for 2009 was full. I don’t know if that’s true or not, but it would make some sense given that Hollywood Dream at Universal Studios Japan, the ride that inspired HRRR, was a B&M hyper. Although maybe Universal simply wanted something different and Maurer offered it?

I’ve also heard of the second giga for Cedar Point. I never heard B&M mentioned specifically, but it would make sense given that Millennium Force is an Intamin.

Justin2000

Mega Poster
I’ve also heard the rumbling that Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit was supposed to be a B&M hyper, and the only reason it wasn’t was because B&M’s order book for 2009 was full. I don’t know if that’s true or not, but it would make some sense given that Hollywood Dream at Universal Studios Japan, the ride that inspired HRRR, was a B&M hyper. Although maybe Universal simply wanted something different and Maurer offered it?

That's the same thing I've heard about RRR

CoasterGoji_501

Roller Poster
on the topic of GhostRider

the orginal idea of GhostRider at knotts

basically ghostrider was orginaly going to have WAY more better themeing. like a full-on clear storyline kind of theming.
it was also suppost to have a MUCH different layout. early desings had it looking like a ++ sized version of kingdom coaster a dutch wonder land. it still have the L-shape though.

CoasterGoji_501

Roller Poster
one last thing but whats your sorce for astroworld ghostrider?