What's new

Mirabilandia | Desmo Race | Maurer Spike Dragster

Ethan

Strata Poster
This actually looks like it could be fun, so I can't really put my finger on why I still hate it so much.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
This actually looks like it could be fun, so I can't really put my finger on why I still hate it so much.

Probably because you know it has so much potential, but will almost definitely not realise it, because of the speed being controlled by riders.

It does look like fun and, in theory, it is. But you can guarantee it'll be dampened by people too afraid to put the speed to max.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
47294050_10158147732040031_663211618439528448_n.jpg

Almost done. Picture from Mirabilandia's Facebook.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Well it's definitely a step up from the model at Skyline Park, even if it does end up riding like crap!

Pear

Strata Poster
This thing has grown on me a lot. I think this is a great use of this ride concept.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Does anyone know if this is an expensive ride concept? Compared to, say, your average GCI woodie or Batman invert clone

Sky Dragster at Skyline Park (the first of these Spike coasters) apparently cost €4m. Given there's two of these and they're larger, plus the theming and IP, I'd say this could be around a €10m investment.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Sky Dragster at Skyline Park (the first of these Spike coasters) apparently cost €4m. Given there's two of these and they're larger, plus the theming and IP, I'd say this could be around a €10m investment.
I think you can actually subtract the theming and IP, as it seems like Ducati is sponsoring the ride. I really wonder how much money Mirabilandia is putting into this, and how much of the bill is footed by Ducati.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That still doesn't affect the cost of the ride concept though? Like, a $50mil ride with 50% of the funding put up by someone else (so the park only pays $25mil) is still a $50mil ride.

I know the point you're trying to make, and you're right in terms of "I wonder why Milabilandia went for this over a GCI?", but if you take a step back and ask "I wonder if any other parks would go for this over a GCI?" then you get to the root of it all.