What's new

It always amazed me ..

mrclam

Giga Poster
It always amazed me how OTT canadians and Americans treat Halloween... It seems to be a bigger thing here than xmas!

jokerman

Giga Poster
It's true, and unfortunately it's something we're beginning to adopt over here. I don't mind it, and of course it does some good stuff for the amusement industry, but it's annoying to have to put up with some unbearable people who just go on about it all the time.

Ollie

CF Legend
It does seem funny how much they celebrate it but it's something I wouldn't mind seeing get bigger over here. It means the parks would feel pressure to put on bigger Halloween events and it's also great fun to dress up and set up/work in haunts.
But yeah it's crazy how much it's celebrated overseas. Just the chavs and yobs who spoil it here by throwing eggs and flower and attacking people.

mrclam

Giga Poster
This is my 4th Halloween here, During that time i've had 2 halloweens at 2 different companies... and this will be 4th year that i'll be the only one who turns up to work not wearing a costume.

LOVE the Halloween season and doing all the haunts and all the corn mazes and stuff. Haunts are my second biggest hobby aside from coasters, so you can see why I love it. But, the actual day is nothing amazing, I usually just give out candy.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I like Halloween.

I hate 'trick-or-treaters'.

I know someone will say that 'trick-or-treating' is one of the best bits about Halloween. It's just really annoying. Don't get me wrong, I love dressing up and going to parties etc, but I just hate stupid little 12 year olds knocking on my door early in the evening.

Irrational hatred probably, but 'trick-or-treating' really gets on my nerves.

I do think we've gone overboard on Halloween, but I'm not going to be able to do anything about it, so I may as well not complain. Except for 'trick-or-treaters'.

Ok, I'm going to go now, I seem to have got into a bit of a loop.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Just the chavs and yobs who spoil it here by throwing eggs and flower and attacking people.

Agreed, thats the part I hate about it too. Over here it becomes dangerous even to go out with all the huge bonfires which just turn into drinking sessions for chavs. I hope it pissed this year on them all.

I like the other side of things when people do their houses up and when there is a nice halloween atmosphere around.

clecktown

Roller Poster
I never go to any parties or anything at Halloween, all I really plan to do is sit down and watch a film. Which clearly isn't going to happen with all the trick-or-treaters that'll soon arrive.

I shouldn't complain, I used to love trick-or-treating as a kid.
Except when grumpy people didn't used to give us sweets. I'm such a hypocrite :D

Slayed

Hyper Poster
I can see what Clam is getting at - when I was in Chicago there were massive Halloween shops everywhere!

I've got candles, pumpkins, giant spider webs, sweets & a severed hand to serve them with :p.

Dave

CF Legend
Thing is we should celebrate chrismtas etc more, but Halloween is so much better because nothing slams to a halt because its a holiday, its easier to get around and celebrate it.

Ollie

CF Legend
I avoided all the trick-or-treaters today because I was in the cinema and I know they won't come now because X-Factor is on. :p

Novas

Mega Poster
tbh whilst shops may be pushing up the commercial stakes of halloween, I don't think were really adopting the occassion on this side of the pond at all.

Every year me & the mrs pick up a load of sweets, we get 3 or 4 kids come knocking then we spend the rest of the week eating the treats ourselves. :)