What's new

Holiday World- June 12/Cedar Point-June 23-25

NAPayne31

Mega Poster
Hey guys, first report on here and I decided to combine my recent trips to Holiday World and Cedar Point in one report! Enjoy.

Holiday World- Well I live in Indiana and Holiday World has been my home park for about all my life, so this year round I went with my friend and his family. We hit the road from Terre Haute (about 2 hours north of Evansville) at about 8 our time and got to the park about 9:45 central time. First off me and Blake and his sister decided to hit the Voyage.
Voyage- my personal favorite woodie, the airtime, the speed, the amazing first drop, and the pacing are the contributors to my love for the ride. The ride never let's up and the roughness through the years has increased but is still what I like in a wooden coaster.
After the Voyage, we hit Giraffica (RIP Pilgrims Plunge) and headed to the water park, once changed we ran over to Mammoth and then lunch. Water coaster in my opinion are fun but they are too short to really enjoy. After lunch we hit all the slides which are a pain to name and then went back to wildebeest. Once riding wildebeest twice we headed out to the regular park for rerides and to get the legend.
Legend- this ride has not aged well, it hurts. TERRIBLE. Sure it's got some decent airtime and a rather long layout but it just rattles my head too much.
After the legend we rode Liberty Launch and went back to the water park.

TOTAL RIDE COUNT
Voyage- 4x
Legend- 1x
Liberty Launch- 1x
Gobbler Getaway- 1x
Giraffica- 2x
Mammoth- 1x
Wildebeest- 2x

I'll write the report on Cedar Point later :--D

NAPayne31

Mega Poster
Cedar Point- With Cedar Point being 6 hours away by car, we rarely get up there but this year we took a trip up to the Hotel Breakers and stayed a few nights. The people on the trip with me were my friends Blake and Ethan (the one who took me to holiday world) and my mother. While there my mom stayed at the hotel. The first day we got to the park around 4 and purchased the starlight passes and stayed from 5 to 10min the park. We managed to get wicked twister first and then wait 15 minutes for Gatekeeper!
Gatekeeper- I absolutely loved the first drop and the inversions were very forceful. The keyhole was fantastic and the layout was extremely long! The only complaint I have about the ride itself was that the restraints completely restricted movement of my chest and I had trouble breathing, other than this the ride was great! Excellent addition!
After gatekeeper we went over to dragster because my friends were dying to get on it, once in the station though their faces began to lose color and I could tell they were nervous. Personally, I get nervous every time just because of the hype the ops create! We rode front row all three of us, and they loved the ride! As did I but Ethan and Blake were just funny to watch. Next we hit Gemini and attempted Maverick but was down, a trend with this ride the whole time we were there. So we walked to Millennium and took a ride on the newly opened ride after some down time that day and we were happy. They also loved the sense of height Millennium contributes. After that we took the long journey to Johnny Rockets for dinner. Our waitress forgot our shakes and we were forced to wait about 10 minutes while she rushed to make them and made a huge mess! After dinner we hit Mantis, which hurt like hell. Then, we went over to Maverick which was open and we got s ride on my favorite coaster! My friends didn't like the head banging but I can position myself where it is minimal and still enjoy the ride. Last ride of the night we wanted to be dragster but as we were about to get on they shut her down due to winds. So we called a day and went back to the room and slept!

DAY 2- we woke up bright and early at 8:30 (for us at least) and went down to the boardwalk entrance to the park. We got our first ride on Millennium which we re rode because there was no line yet due to ert! Then we walked back down the midway and rode raptor, which was surprisingly more forceful than I remember. The. We hit Dragster again and then to Magnum, which we loved for unknown reasons. Next we went over to Maverick which had been closed all day and still was so we rode mean streak and actually (gulp) had a decent ride. Maverick was still down after so we went to Millennium and it was down and so was dragster and gatekeeper so we had to listen to countless complaints! While everything was closed we decided to go back to the hotel for dinner at Famous Dave's. after dinner we went back to the park for re rides on Dragster, Maverick and Millennium. We got all three but while in line for Maverick it went down twice while we were sitting on the train and it took about 2 hours for the whole wait. But after that we got a great last ride on Millennium!

TOTAL RIDE COUNT
Gatekeeper- 2x
Dragster-4x
Millennium- 4x
Maverick- 2x
Wicked Twister- 1x
Magnum- 1x
Raptor- 1x
Mean Streak- 1x
Power Tower- 1x
Cedar Creek Mine- 1x
Skyhawk- 1x