What's new

Gaming Recommendations

davidm

Strata Poster
I'm so scared I have not even tried to fight him.

Despite my YT cheat (see above) I have found that I am still dying a HUGE amount of times (FFS a small number of rats can finish me off without much bother) so I am mainly wandering around the first few areas trying to build up before I try anything too nasty. (Lvl ~20ish after 20+ hours).

It is very good tho.

EDIT:I take it back, I've killed 3 rats and a tree that had been annoying me this evening. HOO-RAH!

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I'm so scared I have not even tried to fight him.

Despite my YT cheat (see above) I have found that I am still dying a HUGE amount of times (FFS a small number of rats can finish me off without much bother) so I am mainly wandering around the first few areas trying to build up before I try anything too nasty. (Lvl ~20ish after 20+ hours).

It is very good tho.

EDIT:I take it back, I've killed 3 rats and a tree that had been annoying me this evening. HOO-RAH!
I am in the same boat, I have it engrained into me that dying lots is bad, like I still have a set number of lives or something... So whilst others just try and try again until they are successful, I find myself resorting back to a traditional grind, trying to level up. Although, I have learned that the actual levels make less difference than equipment and abilities, so instead of grinding mobs for character level, I'm constantly just riding around trying to find things, and using runes to power up abilities and items instead.

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
If this isn’t just an Elden Ring thread by now, I’d like throw in some of my own recommendations.

Inscryption is without a doubt my favorite single player game I’ve played through. It has awesome gameplay and a gripping story, not to mention an endless mode. Whatever you’re paying for this, it’s worth it.

If you are looking for a multiplayer game to pour hours upon hours into in order to perfect and own a Nintendo Switch, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is for you. Especially if you have a friend who owns the game or can be convinced to play and practice with you, the competitive depth and learning curve of the game keep it interesting to play no matter what level you’re playing at. The game has a super active community with absolute buttloads of resources and a great many people willing to play no matter where you live. There is a local scene for Smash almost everywhere, and more people than ever are playing the game better than ever before. Plus, Ultimate is only a few years old and has a bright future ahead of it. Everyone I’ve met through the game has been great to me and shares the drive to improve. And if you do end up picking this one up, I’d be happy to play with you ;)