What's new

Drayton Manor | Unknown | Intamin Unknown | 2024

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
Ok, so I'm pretty sure I've cracked the layout. The cluster of footers at the top of the site was throwing me off initially, but I think this is it.

Screenshot_20240122-2127124.png

So, you'll exit the station and go up the lift. You'll make a ~225° turn to the right as some form of drop that will connect with the existing twisted s-hill that's been installed. Then you'll follow that track through to the launch straight. Here you will either come to a stop or have some sort of two-part swing launch where you will launch backwards through the lower section of the layout that takes you to the lift once again. You will go through the first section a second time until you reach the launch straight again, but instead of stopping and launching backwards, you will launch forwards into the remaining portion of the layout until you hit the brakes. ALTERNATIVELY, once you go up the lift a second time, you could drop backwards down the lift into the section you just traversed, then forwards through the launch into the final portion of the layout. This would solve the issue of the train facing backwards when it returns to the station if it isn't actually a spinner.

I'm pretty confident this is how the ride will work, and if it is then we will have a decently long and fun coaster on our hands!
I think the 2nd option could be it, do that one bit backwards, hit the lift then roll back forwards through that bit and launch forwards. then the back red bit on its own could even just be a maintenance shed, its out the way and can easily take the trains off from the launch area.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
I'm quite liking the fact there's less information, in a weird way. It's like with Project Horizon, there's plenty of mystery and speculation around these projects that you don't get with the likes of Hyperia.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is only our second coaster with switch track? This could end up being better than Th13teen if the elements are good, that s-bend hill looks like it could be a nice little pop of air time.

rctneil

Roller Poster
Ok, so I'm pretty sure I've cracked the layout. The cluster of footers at the top of the site was throwing me off initially, but I think this is it.

Screenshot_20240122-2127124.png

So, you'll exit the station and go up the lift. You'll make a ~225° turn to the right as some form of drop that will connect with the existing twisted s-hill that's been installed. Then you'll follow that track through to the launch straight. Here you will either come to a stop or have some sort of two-part swing launch where you will launch backwards through the lower section of the layout that takes you to the lift once again. You will go through the first section a second time until you reach the launch straight again, but instead of stopping and launching backwards, you will launch forwards into the remaining portion of the layout until you hit the brakes. ALTERNATIVELY, once you go up the lift a second time, you could drop backwards down the lift into the section you just traversed, then forwards through the launch into the final portion of the layout. This would solve the issue of the train facing backwards when it returns to the station if it isn't actually a spinner.

I'm pretty confident this is how the ride will work, and if it is then we will have a decently long and fun coaster on our hands!
This looks and sounds very feasible and sensible to me. The second option is a really cool idea and reminds me of Big Grizzly Mountain. The first option would work if it was a spinner as well.

Nicely worked out!

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
@CrashCoaster actually thinking about it, didn't the MD say there could be multiple ride experiences so what happens if the ride is setup to run in any direction. so sometime it goes back to the lift hill and rolls back forwards, but other times it continues back round the circuit backwards instead and the station can handle a forwards facing or backwards facing car, that way then any combination. Or we could potentially be missing something all together and there could be another element that still hasn't been seen/ delivered yet e.g. seesaw etc.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
@CrashCoaster actually thinking about it, didn't the MD say there could be multiple ride experiences so what happens if the ride is setup to run in any direction. so sometime it goes back to the lift hill and rolls back forwards, but other times it continues back round the circuit backwards instead and the station can handle a forwards facing or backwards facing car, that way then any combination. Or we could potentially be missing something all together and there could be another element that still hasn't been seen/ delivered yet e.g. seesaw etc.
I mean yeah I guess so. Besides the two versions of ride path I mentioned I guess you could also do the lift drop first and then forwards through the lift second. So I guess there are 3 possibilities for the ride path.

Niles

Giga Poster
Attraction Source have taken a bunch of great photos, see all here.

Here are some of the photos, it is looking great, way more twisted and hilly than I was expecting. I'm happy to see a new custom Intamin come to a UK park, last non-relocated one was Thirteen which feels ages ago. Would be cool if we see some more come to the UK after this.
1.jpg
2.jpg
7.jpg
6.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg

Drayton are definitely stepping up their game and I will be going to ride this. I love Paultons but I wish/hope they would get a coaster this unique in the future.
3.jpg

Also nice to see theming coming in and i wonder how hard they are gonna go when it comes to the coaster.
8.jpg

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
This doesn't look very tall, but cool as hell. It is nice to see Drayton get something substantial after all these years. I'm kind of surprised they have that much space to work with, it's really not a particularly big area even after Apocalypse was closed and it gets really close to the other two nearby coasters.
I think it's a lot bigger than what you think, it's essentially Apocalypses area including the large bit where the archway used to be, the land where the big wheel used to be, the chip shop has been demolished and then goes right across past where the large outdoor seating area was, past the previous boundary of the park, overlaps the buffalo slightly and then surrounds the we assume now refurbished toilet block.

It's believed at some point flying Dutchman will be moved to a different area of the park to potentially expand the area a bit more.

Flash Shift

Roller Poster
I think it's a lot bigger than what you think, it's essentially Apocalypses area including the large bit where the archway used to be, the land where the big wheel used to be, the chip shop has been demolished and then goes right across past where the large outdoor seating area was, past the previous boundary of the park, overlaps the buffalo slightly and then surrounds the we assume now refurbished toilet block.

It's believed at some point flying Dutchman will be moved to a different area of the park to potentially expand the area a bit more.

Ah fair enough, it's been over a decade since I've been to Drayton Manor even though it's my home park 😅 this new addition plus Shockwave's change has bumped it up a little bit in terms of priorities.

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
Summary of the video so you don't need to watch:

New coaster:
Confirmed trains do not spin
At least 5 moments of airtime
Heavily themed including tunnels etc.
All local rides rethemed in New area.
New film in 4D cinema
Has different modes im guessing which route it can take and maybe different launch speeds so you get multiple different rides.

Shockwave:
1.2m height limit
Lapbars

Rest of park:
New queue lines and tlc in other areas
Terrence moved back to Thomas land from the farm area.