What's new

Coaster coffee table books

LaurenceUK

Roller Poster
I am a big gamer and an avid collector of 'coffee table' books. Think big, heavy books typically dedicated to art of games or compendiums.

I got to thinking, does anyone know of any coaster coffee table books?

I have a couple of Disney Imagineering ones and Disneyland Paris Sketch to Reality but has anyone ever come across one for UK parks and coasters?

Any recommendations gratefully received

toofpikk

Mega Poster
UK Wise, you'll be hard pressed. I also collect books on theme parks.
The first one that really jumped to mind was 'Made by Mack'.
Disneyland Paris, from Sketch to Reality
is pretty much the ultimate 'coffee table style' theme park book there is imo.
Other good ones, which don't carry the same physical weight but have good content include the DLP 25th anniversary books they made for POTC, SM & HM, as well as The Making of Animal Kingdom.

Considering how visceral theme parks are, it's actually something I've often wondered about. Why aren't there any books with just a huge collection of stimulating images and some small anecdotes? Surely it's a hole in the market considering the stories that come from the amount of development and history theme parks have? Is it because theme park clientelle isn't really the same type of people who can afford to have expensive books specifically to sit on tables? Is it because publishers see theme parks as a taboo topic? Is it because it's such a niche market?

No idea. But I'll be following this thread.

Dan Nguyen

Mega Poster
They're not really coffee table books, but I'm a huge fan of those "Images of America" theme park books. Most major parks in the US carry them. Here are a few examples

Six Flags Great Adventure

Carowinds

They're loaded with rare pictures from the park's history. I bought the BGT one for one of my roommates a few years ago and he absolutely loved it. If you're a park history fan as much as I am, you'd appreciate those books too.