What's new

Cedar Point | Top Thrill 2 | Triple Launch Renovation | 2024

Qsilverrdc

Roller Poster
SmartSelect_20230624_124430_Sketchbook.jpgSo I guess the options are thinning if we go by what has been painted.. At least on the return side.. Seems like a wast to just get 1 new element. Will have to watch..

Matt N

CF Legend
It’s hard to tell from this angle, but at first glance, I’m unsure whether that looks like Intamin’s usual style…
EDIT: Whoops; I misread the post and thought it was new track! If it’s refurbished track… yes, I agree that you can’t tell who refurbished it!

Matt N

CF Legend
I also thought that in terms of the bottom of the supports, some of the new supports seen in the video looked more Zamperla than Intamin… I know it’s a vastly different scale of ride, but they honestly reminded of the photos of Zamperla Junior Coaster supports, such as those of Octonauts at Alton Towers.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Hmm perhaps it’ll have a ‘chequered flag’ white and black colour scheme (similar pattern to Lost Gravity).

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Someone visiting the park recently said they spoke to one of the painters for the project. The painter told this someone that it will be all white track & grey supports for the low sections, and alternating red/white track and grey supports for the tower.

I would assume people involved are told not to discuss details (certainly not a random parkgoer), so we'll see how accurate that claim ends up being.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Someone visiting the park recently said they spoke to one of the painters for the project. The painter told this someone that it will be all white track & grey supports for the low sections, and alternating red/white track and grey supports for the tower.

I would assume people involved are told not to discuss details (certainly not a random parkgoer), so we'll see how accurate that claim ends up being.
So essentially V2 of TTD paint job with more white than red track. Cedar Fair apparently has it out for yellow supports, underway with the yellow support delete on Diamondback right now too!

spicy

Giga Poster
So without searching through in depth, is this basically going to be a huge swing launch made by Zamperla?

Matt N

CF Legend
So without searching through in depth, is this basically going to be a huge swing launch made by Zamperla?
In essence, yes! Zamperla aren’t confirmed, but people seem to have managed to infer that it’s a Zamperla project through calling cards in the track and supports.

ViperGTS500

Roller Poster
So essentially V2 of TTD paint job with more white than red track. Cedar Fair apparently has it out for yellow supports, underway with the yellow support delete on Diamondback right now too!
Let's be honest though, Diamondback's yellow supports didn't really fit the Rivertown land. It's new color scheme does!

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
In the world of shipping documents, Cedar Point has received two shipments in the past few days. Note that they've never used the alias Cedar Point Park LLC until now. Of these two shipments, one has come from La Spezia, Italy, and the other from Genoa;
Shipment1.png
Screen Shot 2023-06-28 at 10.44.23 PM.png
Source

Now, the main firm involved with transit is Charles Kendall LLC, who have exclusively worked with Zamperla in terms of amusement ride shipments. So pretty much a solid indication (against my better judgement and assurances) that this is indeed Team Zamperla.
Screen Shot 2023-06-28 at 10.49.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-06-28 at 10.52.13 PM.png

Now personally, I'm not entirely confident in Zamperla's ability to deliver. Keep in mind that these are the first ever LSM track pieces we've ever seen from this manufacturer, and they're supposed to go on a strata coaster. To further elaborate, these pieces have already been delivered with their stators attached, which is generally considered a giant no-no in the industry - they're not cheap to replace if damaged during construction.

Projektion

Mega Poster
[...] these pieces have already been delivered with their stators attached, which is generally considered a giant no-no in the industry [...]
No? Surely it's far better to have them attached first, as you would better manage the tight tolerances of LSM launch tracks during manufacturing than on site after construction. Even Intamin delivers LSM launch tracks with the stators attached.
1688052292407.png

Like, yeah sure, there's reason to be anxious about whether Zamperla can pull off something like this, but there's no need to make stuff up.

Last edited:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I really wonder what the Zamperla sales agent told Cedar Point for them to trust a deep refurbishment of one of the world's largest thrill coasters to one of the most dismal coaster manufacturers in the business, who have no experience with coasters bigger than mid-size Eurofighters (of which they have delivered five in total).

Or alternately, I'd like to know what the sales agent put in their coffee before the meeting started.