What's new

Alton Towers | Nemesis Reborn | B&M Retrack | 2024

spicy

Giga Poster
These new visuals are everything, I’m damn impressed! I’m so excited for this… hearing that theme hit again was something else.

My only question is, Nemesis Inferno, our other nemesis. What will happen to her name and logo? Is it time for a change to just INFERNO. I think so.

I would assume nothing will happen and it will keep the Nemesis Inferno name.

They should definately retheme The Swarm to Mandrill Mayhem Inferno though with aload of flaming flying monkeys flying through the sky imo.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
These new visuals are everything, I’m damn impressed! I’m so excited for this… hearing that theme hit again was something else.

My only question is, Nemesis Inferno, our other nemesis. What will happen to her name and logo? Is it time for a change to just INFERNO. I think so.
By reinforcing the Nemesis brand is actually makes LESS sense to remove it from Nemesis Inferno. Although a logo revamp so that they are still aligned would be very welcome.

INFERNOismybaby

Roller Poster
I would assume nothing will happen and it will keep the Nemesis Inferno name.

They should definately retheme The Swarm to Mandrill Mayhem Inferno though with aload of flaming flying monkeys flying through the sky imo.
Hahahaha this absolutely made my day, if only though? Not too sure how people would feel about flaming flying monkeys, H&S would be going wild but I suppose it’s all part of the fun.
By reinforcing the Nemesis brand is actually makes LESS sense to remove it from Nemesis Inferno. Although a logo revamp so that they are still aligned would be very welcome.
Tbf I hadn’t looked at it like that, it would be a very welcome change indeed along with other improvements if that were to be something that happened. But anyway this isn’t about the other Nemesis.

JoshC.

Strata Poster

In 9 years' time, they're going to retrack it and rebrand it Nemesis Reborn Inferno.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Well I never really gave an opinion earlier, but I've watched the ad at least 10 times now so...

I love love love everything about it, I genuinely can't find anything to complain about. Even the name, Nemesis Reborn, is just great. OK, so just Nemesis would have been better, but that's just me (us?) being a miserable old, nostalgic 'if it aint broke, don't fix' git. The name is great.

Love the fact they've incorporated the old logo... In fact, that is an understatement... Genuinely can't say enough positive words about the logo, it's absolutely brilliant.

Love the feel of the animation, another nod to the past, it feels in some way like one of the original Nemesis adverts, but can't work out why..

Love the new monster, gives me serious Macra vibes, (plot twist, the doctor swoops in on opening day and tells the Phalanx they've been battling the Macra all along haha... Silly Phalanx.)

tl;dr: Love it. Love it. Love it. Bring on March!!!!

spicy

Giga Poster
Remember this round wooden structure that appeared back in August?

b7894efba6bc27f738627dd6ecf0d340.jpg

Given the shape, I am guessing this must be the framework for the big eye on the new monster?

88be2982fde6a99b7204071e8d92defc.jpg

If so could make for a good near miss element after the downward helix maybe?

Esther7

Roller Poster
Remember this round wooden structure that appeared back in August?

b7894efba6bc27f738627dd6ecf0d340.jpg

Given the shape, I am guessing this must be the framework for the big eye on the new monster?

88be2982fde6a99b7204071e8d92defc.jpg

If so could make for a good near miss element after the downward helix maybe?

Well observed, it looks like it could be part of the monster's eye as you said.
I think they are taking care of every detail, the design of the ad is incredible and they will surely surprise us even more.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I can't complain about the speed. Exiting the first corkscrew in the back row still looks brutal as ever. Good to see this thing moving again!

Shame that the color scheme don't look so great.

CaliAngel

Roller Poster
Looks slow in the vertical loop, doesn't it? ;)

Definitely slower than before, looks almost close to valleying if I'm being honest.

They can always change the wheel compounds to have it run faster, but we won't know until it's open, so we shouldn't worry about it until then.

Shame that the color scheme don't look so great.

100% disagree, I think it's awesome and unique. But to each his own!

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Always slowed down on the loop to the point you felt ya bum leave the seat... Perhaps not this much, but I'm sure she'll speed up anyway with more testing.

Until the loop, I was going to say that it looks like she's flying... 🤷‍♂️

I don't 'hate' the new sound as much as I'd feared I might, she's still roaring, it's just an ever so slightly more ladylike roar! Fitting for a queen.

No sign of any water / blood yet. :/ I know most of you more realistic folk guessed it wouldn't return, but I was still hopeful. We certainly have the technology available to prevent it from being an environmental concern these days. However, I'm losing hope now. I still remember having to listen to my friend in school in 1994, when he'd already visited and I had to wait until end of season... I very distinctly remember the main thing he was trying to excite me with was that "you fly over rivers of blood!" It was a big thing that blood was, a massive part of the experience, will be a crying shame if it's not returning. :(

Edited to add: actually watching it back, the look really is quite slow, but I'm still not worried, these are initial test runs... It'll be fine.

Edited again to add: JB over on Twitter confirming this was the first train, in this cold weather... No wonder it looks slow. TBF I'm sat 20 minutes away with a wood fire and the central heating on full blast and still feeling cold, I should have worked that one out sooner! 🙈 😭 😂 It'll be fine!

Last edited:

emoo

Hyper Poster
I want to say it looks slow for a giggle, but the loop looks slower than I remember. But only the start and a long way to go yadda... She rides again is the key highlight here and super excited abut that. Big day.

Sandman

Giga Poster
I'm not sure how fast people expect this to be going considering these are early test runs in one of the coldest months of the year.

I don't think there's going to be much difference to speed once this has worn in a little and the weather picks up.