What's new

Universal Studios Beijing | 2021

Matt N

CF Legend
I thought the Jurassic World ride was supposed to be a Mack suspended powered coaster like Arthur/Dragon Gliders? Or is this a different ride that I’ve forgotten about?

Nonetheless, I agree that this is a fantastic ride system; I wonder what the ride will do with it?

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
Surely this was expected?

Having a Spiderman/Transformers ride system for the Jurrassic Park dark ride is the good news here.

Except it's not really good news as originally we were meant to be getting a completely new and unique ride system based on gyrospheres.
I thought the Jurassic World ride was supposed to be a Mack suspended powered coaster like Arthur/Dragon Gliders? Or is this a different ride that I’ve forgotten about?

Nonetheless, I agree that this is a fantastic ride system; I wonder what the ride will do with it?
And there will be two rides in this area- the MACK suspended powered coaster and this dark ride

Lofty

CF Legend
Rumour has it that the Jurassic World Dark Ride (Spiderman one) is going to be heavily reliant on physical effects as opposed to the over-use of screens - which is really interesting.

spicy

Giga Poster
It’s hard to be remotely interested in a re-profiled Hulk with vest restraints. Wish they went for an original layout.

The Jurassic World ride has my full attention though. That has the potential to be something special.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

Matt N

CF Legend
Provided they don’t tighten too much, I think B&M’s vests are actually really nice. They’ll prevent any headbanging, for sure!

Although having said that, a brand new B&M with new profiling is unlikely to have any headbanging regardless of restraint...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Wait, Waterworld?!? The movie that's only notable for flopping so hard all those years ago? I could sort of understand that the existing Universal parks have retained Waterworld areas from the days when the movie was somewhat recent, but building a new Waterworld area from the ground up in 2020 seems ... odd.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Wait, Waterworld?!? The movie that's only notable for flopping so hard all those years ago? I could sort of understand that the existing Universal parks have retained Waterworld areas from the days when the movie was somewhat recent, but building a new Waterworld area from the ground up in 2020 seems ... odd.
Universal Singapore has it, too, built years after the film flopped. Regardless of the failed movie, the show is actually excellent and the whole idea still works well in a theme park context even without any knowledge of the film.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk