What's new

Six Flags New England | Wicked Cyclone | RMC Iron Horse

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Re: Cyclone at Six Flags New England Closing July 20th

It's kind of weird for this to close. It is only the third coaster I have been on that is now closed I don't know why it just seems weird. I am way to excited to see what they will do with this thing though.

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster

We got our first teaser folks. Can you say Iron Cyclone??..Iron Cyclone haha, We all knew it.

Attachments

• Cyclone.jpg
    Cyclone.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 40

Hutch

Strata Poster

Here are some of the pictures of that construction update from SFNEOnline.

They've ripped up the bottom of the first drop, revealing the original track from when the drop was bigger. It looks like it will be a steep first drop similar to NTG and Rattler instead of a Smiler/Medusa style drop.

cyclonedrop2-1024x768.jpeg

The hill going over the lift hill has also been entirely ripped up. Barrel roll over the lift hill perhaps?

Before:
Six_Flags_New_England_Flashback.jpg

After:
cyclonetrackmissing.jpeg

I'll be interested to see how this turns out; it's a bit more compact than the other three Iron Horses.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e3jdLavI5E[/youtube]

tomahawk

Strata Poster

I think they are going to add 10-20 feet to lift (like giant) give it an 80 degree+ drop, and overall being very similar to giant, just add inversions.

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster

I am hoping for something crazy, a Medusa like start with a elongated helix drop appearing very much like a cyclone. Think of a wraparound corkscrew followed by a DNA helix like drop, or just a straight up 80 degree plunge would be good too. A spokeswoman for SFNE claimed it will catch the attention of the world, which sounds like a record breaker. It could just be a bunch of crap.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

The smiler style drop is a bit naff. I would much prefer a traditional drop and I kinda hope they don't overdo it in terms of inversions. I have a feeling this one may not be intimidating as the other ones because of the height and possibly a bit more family-friendly although should still be great.

Oh and flashback looks like the most beautiful boomerang ever in that second picture <3 :)

BBH

Giga Poster

How the hell did Flashback fade so badly in a matter of just four years?

I could see this having a good mix of overbanks, airtime, and inversions, not just because that's what we're all hoping for, but also because I trust Schilke not to go overboard with the inversions.

CoburnJason54

Roller Poster

Ibox track has now showed up on the Cyclone site. Nice to see they are moving right along on this construction so it will be ready next year. Can't believe how fast they are moving. Cyclone has a really small layout and I'm excited to see what they will be able to do with the layout.

Hutch

Strata Poster

Here's some of the photos from the latest update of SFNE online.

The lift hill is all gone!
cycloneupdate4.2.jpg

cycloneupdate4.4.jpg

More track that's been removed.
cycloneupdate4.6.jpg

cycloneupdate4.7.jpg

cycloneupdate4.12.jpg

Here's some of the steel beams being laid out along the track.
cycloneupdate4.9.jpg

And yes here is the track. Really disappointed to see another orange Ibox too. :( C'mon Six Flags!
cycloneupdate4.14.jpg

cycloneupdate4.16.jpg

I am quite surprised to see them already coming along with this.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

That shade of orange is actually one of my favourite colours, but I'm really bored of seeing it now on the RMC's. If I had my way, I would like the see pale blue rails, with white supports to give it the look of a more classic woodie.

Hutch

Strata Poster

At least it'll look different from Medusa and Rattler because of it's white supports, instead of the generic brown supports.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

^This is what they do to existing rides...Iron Horse. That's how it works, or how it has up to the day. Expecting it not to be IH when the rumors have always been that is just silly.

Still love the color, it'll be nice change with the white.

Darren B

Giga Poster

CookieCoasters said:
That shade of orange is actually one of my favourite colours, but I'm really bored of seeing it now on the RMC's. If I had my way, I would like the see pale blue rails, with white supports to give it the look of a more classic woodie.

I disagree. I think the orange track is a staple of the Iron Horse treatment and I'd like them to keep using the colour, it's almost tradition. Eurofighters have the beyond vertical drop, GCI's have the station fly through, Schwarzkopt only build boring coasters and Iron Horse coasters have orange track.

Hobbes

Mega Poster

I also like the orange (and the red of NTG). Maybe I'm picturing the wrong colors in my mind, but I feel like anything else would just seem out of place with the wooden support structure.

BBH

Giga Poster

I would've much preferred a navy blue, but if this is what Six Flags wants, then who are we to stop them? The color has worked so far.

CanobieFanatic

Roller Poster

I believe RMC suggests to SF the color of the rails. On their FAQ, they say they recommend a certain color that will last longest, but it's the parks choice.

Typical SFI, always going for the cheapest route.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

How the hell are you getting that it's the cheapest route? The cheapest route is not to renovate the coaster and let it sit there. The cost of changing the **** rail color is nonexistent with projects like this.

I'm all for bashing Six Flags stupidity, but this is just petty bull ****.