What's new

Your Fantasy Park?

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
What would you describe as being a fantasy all-star park made just for you consisting of existing rides? If you could take X creds from your count and throw them together into a park with a solid lineup in the location of your choice owned by the company of your choice surrounded by the flats, restaurants, tat shops, and activities of your choice, how would it be?

Guidelines:
*Pick only existing coasters that you've ridden to be put into the park. Flats and shops and the like you can do whatever, but try to pay attention to what you've heard about them.
*Round the lineup out a little. I want MilF, I-305, Diamondback, TTD, and S:EFK in the same park as much as the next guy, but it just isn't realistic. Try to round it out a bit more. What do most parks tend to have? Sure a tall steel coaster is in there, but so are Arrow loopers, inverts, and family/kiddie creds.
*Make your park a realistic size. If I could have all 105 coasters I've ridden except for Son of Beast, Ninja, and Gwazi in the same park, I'd be there, but it's not realistic. Let's say up to 15 creds (at least two of which should be clones), 20 flats, three dark rides, and 10 buildings.
*If something can count as two of these categories (good examples include Blazing Fury, the dark boat ride/restaurant building in Epcot's Mexico pavilion, and Wonder Mountain's Guardian), count it as either both or whichever gap it more prominently fills. So in terms of my examples, they would be a dark ride, restaurant, and a dark ride respectively.

So post your selected creds, flats, buildings, dark rides, water rides, park owner, park location, and anything else necessary to make your park the perfect park for you. And if that means a show where they just spend twenty minutes dragging old electronics out and smashing them with sledgehammers, that's fine. :) Just keep it realistic.

So here's mine:

LOCATION: Somewhere somewhat mountainous near the water with a relatively mild climate. Pine trees would be a must. Maybe around Vancouver?

OWNER: Blackstone Group

CREDS:
*Cheetah Hunt- It's my #1 that happens to be a kick **** launcher with a lovely variety of elements.
*Millennium Force- It's one of the top ranked coasters in the world and in my opinion, for a good reason. I've never had a ride on it I didn't enjoy and as far as large steel coasters go, I think it's the best.
*Diamondback- If every hyper on my cred count were slapped into a parking lot (would Intimidator be placed upon a fake mountain complete with a show scene on the MCBR and Disney-esque special effects? :p ) and I could ride them all, I'd still say Diamondback is the best one. And in the location I've pitched, the foggy morning rides on it that I love would be absolutely lovely. Plus it's different enough from Millennium that the GP would be able to tell the difference.
*Colossus- Easily the best racing coaster I've ridden and it didn't even race. Even better if they could put lap bars with more surface area on it! :p
*Thunderhead- My favorite wooden coaster of all time! It's so twisty, it could definitely join the ranks of these other airtime machines that have made it. Last time I rode it I was out of my seat more than I was in it.
*The Beast- In the location I picked this would be even better storming through the pine trees. Plus it's a good wooden coaster that doesn't serve as an airtime machine like the other two I've picked.
*Afterburn- I know Banshee is my favorite invert but I've gotta give this one to one of the two good things at Carowinds. This ride would be more realistic just because it could fill a major gap without overshadowing more popular coasters like Millennium and Cheetah Hunt.
*Wild Eagle- This would be absolutely amazing in the Pacific Northwest and could give it another skyline breaker without being seen as another large steel coaster. Yes, I like GateKeeper better, but this would be perfect for a terrain-oriented park like I want.
* Canyon Blaster- No major park should be without a classic Arrow looper, and this is the best classic Arrow looper in my book. It got screwed over so badly being thrown under that glass bubble time capsule back to the 90's. It's quite a shame most have to go so far out of the way to ride one of Arrow's best. Why not throw it in a park where it can get some love?
*Ricochet (Carowinds) (CLONE)- The whole point of a Wild Mouse is to make riders feel like they'll fall off the edge, and this does it so well. Easily the best of the Wild Mice I've ridden.
*Carolina Cobra (CLONE)- Carowinds doesn't do anything right except for two B&Ms and clones, because this is the best boomerang by a long shot. Love the trains on this!
*FireChaser Express- Just something nice for the families that could be nice in the selected landscape that caters to everybody. Easily my favorite family coaster.
*Wil E Coyote's Canyon Blasters (SFOG)- Such a great kiddie cred, parents can ride too, not too intense. Perfect for the younger ones.
*The Bat (Kings Island)- My favorite Arrow suspended IS Ninja, but between the lame ending and the fact that this could go over the water in my park, I'd think it would belong there more.
*Flight of Fear- Another launched coaster would be in order as well as an indoor coaster, and this easily fills that gap.
*Volcano: The Blast Coaster- One more unique coaster would be nice here, and this is one of the most unique coasters ever. Plus being in the region with the Cascade volcanoes, it would be perfect.

FLATS:
*HUSS Giant Frisbee
*S&S Screamin' Swing
*S&S Power Tower (Cedar Point)
*Scrambler
*Larson Flying Scooters
*HUSS Troika
*Zamperla Disk'O Coaster

DARK RIDES:
*Boo Blasters on Boo Hill- I love these dark shooter rides and I can't wait to do Wonder Mountain's Guardian here in a few days.
*Blazing Fury- This ride is so campy and fun, I love it! The scene where you're climbing to the bridge is enough to make this a must in my fantasy park.
*Monster Plantation (SFOG, or whatever it's called)- This is just a cute little dark boat ride that I love, I'd love to ride it again.

WATER RIDES:
*Mountain Slidewinder- I love this water ride and it has way more gall than a traditional log flume.
*Kali River Rapids- By far the best rapids ride out there, I love it! Such great theming makes the attraction what it is.
*Escape from Pompeii- I don't usually like these Shoot the Chutes rides (I call them Drop 'n Drenches) but the dark ride portion with the pyrotechnics made it fun.

So yeah, post away! Define your fantasy park!

Hutch

Strata Poster
Location: At some mountainside or valley, maybe with a small lake or river running through. Preferably something that's no more than 90 min away from my house. :)

Coasters:
- Wooden Terrain coaster through the forest (i.e. Boulder Dash). It doesn't have to actually be Boulder Dash but something that gives a similar and relentless experience with loads of airtime and such.

- Terrain Hugging B&M Invert (Nemesis). Theming and landscaping is a must.

- Intamin Giga (Millennium Force, but w/ more airtime).

- Nice Floaty B&M Mega (Apollo)

- 200ft Intamin Accelerator (Stealth). I like TTD more but I just don't feel like going all out and having a giant
strata coaster in my park. :p I just feel that something like Stealth would be a better and more realistic fit.

- Good ol' classic PTC Woodie (Yankee Canonball). I enjoy nice out and back small woodies than through you around and give you insane airtime.

- "Big boy family" launched terrain coaster (Verbolten).

- Maurer Sohne spinning coaster (Sonic Spinball)

- +1 Kiddie Cred (Flying Fish!!)

- Family Mine Train (RMT Alton Towers)

- B&M Flyer w/ pretzel loop (Manta)

- Arrow Looper (CP Corkscrew). I prefer LNM @ Busch a lot more, but a traditional model is more realistic.

- CLONE: Vekoma GIB. Can't think of any better clone that I've ridden

Flats/Dark Rides

Screamin' Swing
Huss Frisbee
Drop Tower attached to Stealth, similar to Zumanjaro/Lex Luther
Dark Ride Shooter
4D Dark Ride simulator thing (i.e. Spider Man, Harry Potter)
Other than that just anything really :p

Water Rides

Journey To Atlantis
Boston Tea Party
Dudley Do Right

I'll leave it at that for now, might edit it later if I change my mind or anything...

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Alright, lets see what I'm dealing with.

Owner: Blackstone Group

Creds:

-Goliath (La Ronde) clone with white and blue track. (renamed)
-Alpengeist the way it is
-Expedition Everest the way it is. (renamed)
-El Toro the way it is. (renamed)
-The Joker (SF Mexico) clone with ski run theming and name
-Goliath (SF America) the way it is. (renamed)
-Vekoma Roller skater

Flat rides:
Intamin Drop Tower
Huss Pirate Ship
Huss Frisbee
Zamperla Wave Swinger

Water Rides:
Intamin Spillwater Ride
Intamin rapids
Mack log flume

And like Jarrett said, ADD DISNEY AND UNIVERSAL -ISH EFFECTS!

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Eateries:
Taco Cabana to go
In-N-Out full service
Mooseburger Lodge
The Waff

Flats
Giant Frisbee
Intamin Gen 1 Drop
Parachute tower with Observation
Teacups
Scrambler
Shooter
Top Spin

Water rides:
heavy themed log flume
splash boat thingy
rapids (SFMM)

Coasters:
New Texas Giant
Outlaw Run
Viper (SFMM)
Leviathan
Blue Fire
Batman Clone
Winjas clone
Wacky Worm
Mine Train

TilenB

Strata Poster
So, only taking the rides that I've already ridden:

Owner:
Parques Reunidos

Coasters:
X2
Nemesis
iSpeed
Tatsu
Kumba
Giant Dipper
G'sengte Sau
DiVertical
Goliath (SFMM)
Swarm
Apocalypse
Ortobruco Tour
Nocky Flitzer (alpine)

Flats:
Pegasus (Friheden)
Top Spin
Intamin Drop Tower
Gravitron

Water rides:
Log Jammer (terrain log flume)
Bath flume (Tripsdrill)
Rapids from Europa
Splash Battle (Raratonga)

Dark rides:
Reset
GhostVille
Some random dark ride from Europa

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Owner: Whoever owns Phantasialand

Location: A mountainous area in the middle of the park, with flat-ish land around the outskirts. A small lake just beyond the entrance before the mountainous area

Coasters:

Intamin Giga (I305): On the largest space of flat land in the park, probably at one corner. Maybe one of the turns inside the mountain.
B&M Hyper (Shambhala): A long the side of the mountain that has been covered in snow, so it actually looks like it's racing over the Himalyas.
Mack Terrain Launch Coaster (Helix): Flies along nearer the centre of the mountain with the pretzel loop dipping under the mountain
B&M Flyer (Tatsu): Built towering over the entire mountain area, with again the pretzel loop going under the mountain
B&M Terrain Invert (Nemesis): Built within small part of the mountain where it is mostly enclosed from people's view
GCI Racing woodie (Joris en de Draak): Built on flat land at the back of the park, but with a mixture of rocky and water theming with a large dragon anitromic.
Terrain woodie (Boulderdash): A long the opposite side of the mountain to shambles, with a few tunnels made out of stone bricks.
Vekoma Mine Train (Colorado Adventure): On the mountain in an area themed to a collapsed mine.
Zierer Tivoli Coaster (Large Model i.e. Viktor's Race): In a kids area near the front of the park. Themed to taking flight.
Maurer Spinners (Winjas): Basically copy and paste what's at Phantasialand and plonk it at one wide of the park. Maybe add a bit more theming in the dark sections.
Gerstlauer Launch Coaster (Lynet): Same area as the mine train, but themed to the escape from the collapsing mine rather than being in it.
Gerstlauer enclosed bobsled (Van Helsings Factory): Keep the theme and place right across the lake from the entrance.
Zierer Force Coaster (Small model i.e Air Grover): In a different kids area at the back of the park themed to fruit.
Vekoma Family Boomerang (Ben 10): In same area as above

Flat Rides:

Zamperla Discovery (one at Bon Bon land)
Zierer Star Shape (AIR)
HUSS Breakdance (one at Grona Lund)
Mondial Turbine (Flasher on fair circuit)
Indoor Intamin bungee tower (Mystery Castle)
Intamin combo drop tower (Apocalypse)
Funtime Star Flyer (Eclipse)
A Big Wheel
A shed load of kiddy flats from zamperla

Water Rides

Intamin Log Flume (Chiapas)
Hafema Rapids Ride (River Quest)
Intamin Reversing Boat Ride (Valhalla)
Hopkins Rapids Ride (Blizzard River)
Splash Battle (Battle Galleons)
Dingy Slides (ones at Legoland Windsor)
Intamin Spillwater (Tutuki Splash)
Mack Water Coaster (Skatteon) - would have chosen intamin (Divertical), but I actually want it to be open :p

Dark Rides

Maus au chocolate
Spider-Man
Simpsons ride
Forbidden Journey
Madhouse (Hex)
Some sort of ghost train

elephant58

Hyper Poster

Owner: Merlin Entertainments

Coasters:

Big multilooper (The Smiler)
Inverted coaster (Nemesis)
Stand-up (Shockwave)
Spinning coaster (Sonic)
Small looping coaster (G-Force)
Big woodie (Big Dipper/National)
Family woodie (Blue Flyer)
Family steel (RMT Alton/Troublesome Trucks)
Launched coaster (Rita)
Mine train (Big Thunder Mountain DLP)

Clone (Vekoma Corkscrew with Bayerncurve)

Flat rides:

Drop tower (Apocalypse)
Swinging ship (The Bounty)
Flippy one (Ripsaw/Pandemonium)
Family one (Hex)

Dark ride:

Simulator (Europa 3D thing National Space Centre/Star Tours)
Illusion (Hex)
Scary one (Sub-Terra)
Family one (Duel/Chocolate Factory)

Water rides:

Flume (Stormforce 10/Valhalla)
Rapids (Congo River Rapids)
Family flume (Rugrats flume PBB)
Family ride (Battle Galleons)

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
Owner: Koch Family

Coasters
Nemesis, Alton Towers- Got to have a good B&M invert.
Apollo's Chariot, Busch Gardens Williamsburg- Still my favorite of the B&M Hypers I've ridden.
SheiKra, Busch Gardens Tampa (CLONE)- Figured this was one of the better clone options I had.
Tatsu, Six Flags Magic Mountain- The last of the 4 B&M's this park will have.
Top Thrill Dragster, Cedar Point- Enjoy this one a lot!
Maverick, Cedar Point- My #2 coaster so I can't be without it.
Skyrush, Hersheypark- Can I change the restraints on it?
El Toro, Six Flags Great Adventure- The last of my 4 Intamin's and my #1 coaster.
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, DLRP Walt Disney Studios Park (CLONE)- The much better clone in terms of theming!
Mr. Freeze, Six Flags Over Texas- I rode this before it was reversed, but figured one more launch coaster.
Hades, Mt. Olympus- Rode this before it was "360" but with or without I want it!
HellCat, Timber Falls- A more family oriented woodie just down the road from Hades.
Prowler, Worlds of Fun- Got to have my favorite GCI!
Dragon's Fury, Chessington Worlds of Adventure- Best spinner I've been on and good for a family coaster.
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, WDW Magic Kingdom- Needed another family coaster and the theming is great on this.

Flat/Dark Rides
maXair, Cedar Point
Skyhawk, Cedar Point
Zumanjaro, Six Flags Great Adventure- Can I have this without KK?
Pooh's Hunny Hunt, Tokyo Disneyland- This ride is unbelievable!
Soarin', Disney California Adventure- I could ride this all day.
Spaceship Earth, EPCOT- Could be the parks icon as well.
Tower of Terror, WDW Hollywood Studios- Two drop towers never hurt anyone right?
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, IOA
Indiana Jones, Disneyland
Men In Black: Alien Attack, Universal Studios Florida- Figured I needed a shooter ride.

Water Rides
Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls, Islands of Adventure
Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges, Islands of Adventure

Restaurants
50s Prime Time Cafe- I just love this restaurant at Hollywood Studios for some reason.
Be Our Guest Restaurant- The soups win me over here.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Location - in a wooded valley, somewhere with a moderate year round climate, where it only rains between 3 and 5am.

Owners - Coasterforce PLC, Staff training by Europa Park.

Style - The sort of park people could spend 2 or 3 days at, so we'd have accomodation on site - 2 hotels - 1 **** exclusive one, and one very nice one, and 2 or 3 more basic B and Bs (not too ambitious hey?)

I'd like the park to be separated into 4 "lands", each with a mixture of kids rides, family rides and high trill machines, and a good transport system for lazy's..

1st land - Space theme (in the upper part of the valley)(Lets face it, most theme's have been done hundreds of times)

Cred 1 - A Top hat launcher, called "spaceshot" - think TTD (lap bars a must)
Cred 2 (and building 1) - An indoor coaster - Rock n roller coaster with a space theme

Flat 1 - A topscan
Flat 2 - space themed kids playground
Flat 3 - A big huge starflyer
Flat 4 - http://flatrides.com/rides/doppeldecker.html (great family ride)
Flat 5 - Tower of terror, space themed (wishful thinking)

Dark ride 1 (building 2)- Spiderman, with a space theme

2nd land - circus world

Cred 3 - a zierer drop coaster in a circus style (polar explorer)
Cred 4 - A big apple(with drum instead of apple)
Cred 5 - Sonic spinball

Flat 6 - waterfall (oakwood)
Flat 7 - Circusy kids playground (in building 3)
Flat 8 - A ferris wheel
Flat 9 - A zipper

Dark ride 2 (building 4)- Carnaval Festival from efteling

3rd land - Forest

Cred 6 - Boulder dash Up the side of the valley
Cred 7 - Something like Maverick, whooshing through the trees
Cred 8 - A nice Zierer for the kids

Flat 10 - A topple tower (love the ride, and as this is my dream park, it wouldn't have any tech issues at all)
Flat 11 - Forest playland
Flat 12 - An enchanted hollow walkthrough
Flat 13 - Efteling style fairytale area
Flat 14 - A polyp

Water ride 1 - (building 5) - indoor flume ride - think valhalla, woody theme!

4th land - Mythology

Cred 9 - An intamin prefab (colossos)
Cred 10 - Oziris

Water ride 2 - Rapids

Dark ride 3 (building 6) - pharoahs tomb - traditional style, modern effects

Flat 15 - Racing derby
Flat 16 - Playground

5th land - skyworld

Cred 11 - Skyrush

flat 17- Spinspider
Flat 18- Cars thing from DLP, with planes
Flat 19 - Playground

The entrance area would also have a ghost train, observation tower and carousel

CanobieFanatic

Roller Poster
Owner: Busch Gardens
Cred 1: A B&M giga coaster (mainly with speed hills and camelbacks)
Cred 2: An Intamin hyper (more about the positive G's)
Cred 3: Launching family terrain coaster
Cred 4: B&M invert (Like a mix of Alpengeist and B:TR)
Cred 5: Classic PTC woodie
Cred 6: Intamin prefab
Cred 7: RMC hybrid
Cred 8: B&M dive machine
Cred 9: Dueling GCI
Cred 10: B&M stand-up

Flats:
S&S space shot combo tower
breakdance
giant frisbee
Ferris Wheel
Scrambler