What's new

YAY Merlin!

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
An absolutely perfect day at Alton today, really pleased. Yes it was only at 28% capacity, but strong uptime allowed us to ride everything with rerides (including first train of the day on Wicker Man!), two front row Nemesis rides, the best ride we've ever had on Rita somehow, and even time for Curse, Gangster Granny (had never ridden it), time to stop and eat at Explorer's Pizza, and time for the Aquarium too.

Oblivion did go down for a long period (evac from the lift and crest!) but they actually reopened it for the last half hour, Europa Park style.

Really impressed with the park overall today, great staff too.
Bank Holidays really are great right now aren't they?

If only I could actually get out of working them to enjoy the quiet parks...

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Ah but that sweet bank holiday overtime pay I hope you're getting at least?

One of the big factors in yesterday was definitely the 10-6 opening, this really should be the absolute minimum and we would no longer consider going to a park when hours are less than that. Opening the gates at 9 is also a huge bonus, Alton is large enough that that extra hour is appreciated. Prime gardens time.

I'm now on a Thameslink platform heading to work, listening to the strike announcement on the tannoy. I know where I'd rather be.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Ah but that sweet bank holiday overtime pay I hope you're getting at least?

One of the big factors in yesterday was definitely the 10-6 opening, this really should be the absolute minimum and we would no longer consider going to a park when hours are less than that. Opening the gates at 9 is also a huge bonus, Alton is large enough that that extra hour is appreciated. Prime gardens time.

I'm now on a Thameslink platform heading to work, listening to the strike announcement on the tannoy. I know where I'd rather be.
Nah, self employed, gotta make hay while the sun shines (figuratively speaking at least) though.

Shame you won't visit on the 4pm closes though, as they are the days we get the most rides in, the days we've already reached double figures on Nemesis, and ridden most other things in a day. They do extend closing time if the park's even slightly busier than expected. Last Monday for example, I got a total of 27 coaster rides in, plus others, but they still extended it to 5:30pm (not that we stayed that late, we headed out around quarter to 5.)

Niles

Giga Poster
Tomb blaster has opened after being closed since the start of the season. The ride has had some TLC including refreshed smell pods, new lighting within the ride, new emergency exit platforms and the theming in the queue line has been refreshed and added to.
tombblasterreopes2024-03.jpg
tombblasterreopes2024-10.jpg
tombblasterreopes2024-19.jpg
tombblasterreopes2024-27.jpg
tombblasterreopes2024-29.jpg
tombblasterreopes2024-30.jpg

And some easter eggs too.
tombblasterreopes2024-17.jpg
Source

Allways nice to see some TLC, shame it wasn't ready for season start but hay ho.