What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarret Stroud

Roller Poster
So earlier today I was at Walmart and I have a having a low blood sugar. I sat on a box to a product and while sitting I checked my blood sugar and it was 95. Some employee told me I wasn’t allowed to sit on products but said nothing if I need help or if I was ok. I explain to the employee that my blood sugar was low and I couldn’t think clearly when I’m low but still didn’t offer to see if I was ok or needed help.I was moody and couldn’t think that clearly but got off. But I didn’t see the harm of sitting on the box to a product and sit back on them again. She told me again to get off (again she never asked if I was ok) and that is when I cursed at her and became emotional. At this point I was on my phone with my uncle (also in the store) and I was in tears when other employees arrived. They also were more concerned about me sitting on the box to a product more then me having a low blood sugar and soon my uncle arrive to defend me. We were threatened to literally have the cops called on us literally because I was having a low blood sugar and I told the employees I couldn’t think clearly when my blood sugar levels were low. I took some glucose tabs (my last three since I eat three earlier due to the same issue: low blood sugar). Not one of the employees were concerned of my low blood sugar. They were concerned of their policy of not able to sit on the box to a product despite not being benches nearby. We also ask for the name of the employee who asked me to get off the products and they said that they couldn’t release the names of the employees despite the name tags. They brought me a self driving cart for me to sit and eventually we finished our shopping and left.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
You sound like an entitled Karen.

Firstly, sitting on a products box could either A - Damage the products or B - collapse under your weight causing you to get injured. Would you have bought all the product you damaged had you done so?

Secondly, those poor workers are definitely not paid enough money to have to put up with someone swearing abuse at them. She asked you not to sit on it, you ignored her request and then swore at her for asking a second time. Why should she care about your own issues after you treated her like that?

The world doesn’t revolve around you, I think you need a reality check, and you should apologise to the person you abused.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
I'm sorry to hear that you were ill, but you cannot bring your problems to others and expect them to bow to your preferences or be overly accommodating to your 'moodiness'.

There are obvious reasons why they would not want you to sit on their products. It sounds like a pretty good result for you that they fetched you a self driving cart, despite your outburst. You could have sat on the floor.

Manage your emotions better next time.

Jarret Stroud

Roller Poster
You sound like an entitled Karen.

Firstly, sitting on a products box could either A - Damage the products or B - collapse under your weight causing you to get injured. Would you have bought all the product you damaged had you done so?

Secondly, those poor workers are definitely not paid enough money to have to put up with someone swearing abuse at them. She asked you not to sit on it, you ignored her request and then swore at her for asking a second time. Why should she care about your own issues after you treated her like that?

The world doesn’t revolve around you, I think you need a reality check, and you should apologise to the person you abused.

Actually you are right.

Cursing the employee and siting on the product was immature on my part and I do regret it. But it wasn’t 100% my fault nor was it the employee’s fault. Whenever my blood sugar is low my ability to think clearly is decreased. While that isn’t an excuse for my actions it did no doubly part some part in what happened. Next time I see the employee I will apologize for my actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jarret Stroud

Roller Poster
I'm sorry to hear that you were ill, but you cannot bring your problems to others and expect them to bow to your preferences or be overly accommodating to your 'moodiness'.

There are obvious reasons why they would not want you to sit on their products. It sounds like a pretty good result for you that they fetched you a self driving cart, despite your outburst. You could have sat on the floor.

Manage your emotions better next time.

You’re right.

Back at the time this incident happened I wasn’t able to think clearly. Normally I do just to manage my emotions better (sometimes even when my blood sugars are high or low) but that is no excuse. The employee deserve respect and I acted like a Karen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jarret Stroud

Roller Poster
Reflecting on what happened at Walmart last night I was in the wrong. I will still say I wasn’t thinking clearly but that doesn’t make my actions better. I cursed at the employee and the other two employees who were trying to help me and there was no excuse for that. The employee deserves an apology and next time I go to Walmart and see her she will get the apology she deserves. People were right that I acted entitled and I admitted I did. My blood sugar going low was terrible but no excuse for the way I acted.

Status
Not open for further replies.