What's new

Wirral Fair - Rock Rage

Lofty

CF Legend
Hi all, I know this isn't a park but oh well...

I went to Wirral Fair on Sunday, I will update later with all the pictures from the full show but for now, I can tell you all about the new KMG Inversion we have. Sedgewick has bought the ride and its called Rock Rage, it is utterly fantastic, without boring you with information here's some pictures....

DSC_0247.jpg

DSC_0235.jpg

DSC_0241.jpg

DSC_0246.jpg

DSC_0242.jpg

DSC_0240.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

DSC_0238.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

DSC_0244.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0234.jpg

DSC_0243.jpg

More pictures of the ride and others that appeared at the show to come...

Ollie

CF Legend
Wow. That ride looks amazing. Great clear pictures as well.
Does it have seats on both ends or just one?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Ollie... Did you really ask that question?

DSC_0234.jpg

It looks like Samurai and Vortex had some weird child... Got a video of it?

Ass a few seats onto it and it could be an interesting ride for a big park...

Ollie

CF Legend
Nemesis Inferno said:
^Ollie... Did you really ask that question?
Urm yeah I did. Because I've not seen this ride before and there wasn't a picture there that showed both ends of the central rod thing that turns. For all I know it could be like Spin Doctor and have seats both ends.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^In which case this picture kinda answers it...

DSC_0240.jpg

As if it was the same seating on both ends then the structure would be the same, since this is different and an extended form (looking at videos and stuff this is normally shorter) then this only has 12...

I think the only ride that has that stupid idea of two on either end is the Booster...

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah its in the pits.

The ride is really just awesome, very forceful and when the inverting brakes are taken off and the cars get chance to rotate it just gets so wild, although they don't allow it to do it over the full swing height. It does it at around 120 degrees or so. Its a really fun ride and lasts around 2-3 minutes or so!

There's a few videos of it and different ones of the same model flying around the internet. It could really dominate the traveling fairs of britain from now on as the best ride by far, much better then a booster lol!

Emmett

Giga Poster
Nice photos. I really like that colour scheme on Rock Rage, its so fresh. Ukrides have also posted some updates from the show too and have some of Rock Rage too.

I should have waiting until now to visit New Brighton this year as I would have been great to catch the show and funfair.

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah it was well worth going too.... Anyhow here's a video from a friend of mine...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3VPdGXlBT4[/youtube]

Lofty

CF Legend
Well on Saturday early on it was only £2.50, this changed to £3.00 by late afternoon, this then changed again to become £3.50 which it stuck at for the next day too, it made me laugh how much money they was making though! Still at £3.50 it was pretty cheap, Booster at my local fair costs me around £5.00!

Ollie

CF Legend
Actually seeing the video it doesn't look as good as I thought it would be. I thought the axis that the seats were on would spin more (like Maelstrom) and also thought that the seats were able to spin freely as well. :(

Ollie

CF Legend
^^Yes but in the video they weren't taken off at all.

And you've got to have someone to entertain you. :p

Lofty

CF Legend
Lol!
Well, due to the fact that there was like thousands upon thousands of people at the show, they wasn't running it as much as they could... if you watch a video such as this...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRPryXrkwEs&feature=PlayList&p=760ACD04206772EE&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=57[/youtube]

You can see what it can run at when its at its full potential at around 2:30, it turns wild, watch the seat near the camera flipping with the forces!

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
I don't get what the appeal is for this ride... It just looks really lame, and samey, and doesn't really do anything that other rides don't already do...???