What's new

Wild Water West in South Dakota | Unknown | RMC Raptor| Cancelled

Rupert

Mega Poster
Thanks Pear!
There is a design online. It’s called a Raptor, and even has roller coaster-lovers buzzing about it on an online message board.
They found us! ?

Really though almost seems like they applied for the permit on a whim, to see if they were likely to get approval for a new coaster or not. Certainly doesn’t sound like they’ve actually ordered a Raptor sadly.

hendrixmarshall

Roller Poster
I sent 'em a congrats email and got this back right away- this is huge news for us who have to drive or fly quite a ways for a "big boy" park:

Good Afternoon Robert,

Thank you so much for the feedback and we are happy that people are excited! We are still working through other details including the contract terms and how the coronavirus may impact travel and business, so I can’t say we are 100% done just yet. But we will definitely let everyone know if this deal goes through and we will be excited to show it off to the greater Midwest!

Brian Rehnke
Director of Operations
Wild Water West Waterpark
26767 466th Ave.
Sioux Falls, SD 57106

Phone: 605-361-9313
Fax: 605-361-4303
www.wildwaterwest.com

On Mar 18, 2020, at 2:52 PM, Robert Walter <hendrixmarshalljames@yahoo.com> wrote:
Chiming in from Minot, ND. On behalf of the Coaster geeks in the great midwest, congrats and we'll be seeing you soon. You've stirred quite a buzz in the enthusiast community. Good Job!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
A few days late, but since no one has posted it yet...
As you might have expected, Wild Water West has announced that the opening of their new Raptor coaster has been postponed until 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Construction that was supposed to start in April will begin this fall, with the August opening pushed back until next Memorial Day weekend, when the park is scheduled to open for the 2021 season.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It has been more than a year without any news about this coaster. I can't find any mentions of it on the Wild Water West website, the coaster is not on RCDB, and there have been no further press releases.

A bit of Googling around brought me to this Facebook post:
Code:
https://www.facebook.com/wildwaterwest/photos/31-days-leftcan-you-believe-it-we-only-have-31-days-until-opening-day-here-at-wi/10152253337439945/
(It won't embed, so I'm posting it as code to prevent it from trying to)

Someone asked about the RMC being cancelled, and the park responded:
Yes, unfortunately for the time being that project has been put on hold indefinitely. We hope after this summer and other projects we are working on are completed, we can revisit this again. But for now, we have no further plans for the roller coaster.
I think I will unstick this thread.

gengarhaunts87

Roller Poster
gonna have a nice chuckle when the waterpark goers complain of the noise from the raptor, and the waterpark complaining over no one going to the waterpark, but just going to the raptor instead

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Yeah, this is most likely the park that was originally due to get Stunt Pilot.

Still a shame. Now I'll never get to laugh at "the raptor at the waterpark".