What's new

What is your attitude to revisiting parks you've been to before?

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Bump.

Usually it goes...
-is there a cool ride there that I didn't get to do on my last visit, but really want to ride it?
-is there a ride that I have an outdated opinion on that I want to give another go?
-did the park open a new point of interest since my last visit?
-is the park holding a special annual passholder's day, and I have an annual pass?

If the answer to at least one of those questions is 'yes', then I don't mind the idea of revisiting it. If the answer to all of those questions is 'no' then I want to visit a new park.

However, even if the answer to all of those questions is 'no', but I am planning on visiting the park with friends, then I don't mind revisiting.

S3an

Roller Poster
When I was younger I'd visit a theme park near my home (Alton Towers) up to 25-30 times a year! I definitely wouldn't now I'm older. However, I still do enjoy returning to parks I've visited before. Although, there's nothing better than visiting a new park!

Heth

Mega Poster
I'll revisit parks I really like every couple of years. I will often enjoy the comfort of familiarity and knowing that I'll enjoy the park. There's always a risk with spending a lot of money on a new park that it'll be not as good as I hoped, and when i have a limited number of holiday days I'm not always willing to take that risk.

Flash Shift

Roller Poster
Mostly revisit if there's something new, or I haven't been in ages. I did do a lot of revisits as a teenager though, so while I got a lot of coaster riding in, my credit count is very low compared to most people. Doesn't help that the weather spited both most of Oakwood and all of Flamingoland on my visits. The sad thing I used to go to Oakwood a bit as a kid but was too small to ride anything. Next year it's very probably happening though. Flamingoland will have to be rescheduled as well lol

Fiender

Roller Poster
I revisited Wonderland this year for Tundra Twister and to check out their events. Both were let downs, though that's probably on the park. My first revisit to Hershey was for Dark Nights, which was pretty fun, and again this year for WCR, which I loved.

I only started going to parks in 2021, so I'm still working out my preferences. I'm fine revisiting parks if they add a major coaster, have a major event going on, or if I'm going with friends who have never been. Otherwise, I've found my enjoyment takes a hit after that first visit, and I'll probably prefer spacing out return trips.

Esther7

Roller Poster
I love visiting parks I've never been to and trying new rides for the first time. But it's also good to return if I really liked the park or it has an interesting new attraction.

Also if I'm with friends who have never been to the park, that's a good reason to come back.😊

Strathven

Roller Poster
I love revisiting parks! I couldn't imagine being "done" with one. There's something to be said about building a sense of familiarity with a place by visiting a lot, like a home away from home. It also makes changes and new additions more interesting, because they're happening in a place you actually know, that's familiar to you. When I found out Fiesta Texas was getting a dive coaster, it wasn't just a new entry on RCDB, it was like, "Oh wow, I remember sitting and watching the fireworks show from that field they're digging out to build it!"

Even parks I've only been to once, I still check up on. I'm excited to ride the Larson drop tower Magic Springs built after I went in 2017!