What's new

Universal Studios Japan | Mine-Cart Madness | "Boom Coaster" {Rumour} | 2024

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
I really wish I had some sort of connection to the Nintendo IP, because I really struggle to get excited for this...
You really wouldn’t want a personal connection to the mine cart levels in Donkey Kong Country. What infuriating trial and error BS!

If you know…. you know >_<

(But if you do know, it is kinda cool I must say…)

UP87

Mega Poster
@Nitefly I feel like they got a lot more playable after DKC1.

I love the setting. It should be a really cool jungle and temple mix. I wonder if they manage to mix in / hide a construction site as this might be one of the most iconic video game screens ever. Even though that's just Donkey Kong and not Donkey Kong Country.

Gazza

Giga Poster
You really wouldn’t want a personal connection to the mine cart levels in Donkey Kong Country. What infuriating trial and error BS!

If you know…. you know >_<

(But if you do know, it is kinda cool I must say…)

AidanCKY

Mega Poster
This ride type is so exciting to me. It's one of those ideas you'd have and then it would just be so impractical due to cost.
But here we are, its being built. Really looking forward to this one.

Lofty

CF Legend
I love how they've requested the public don't take pictures and they haven't? Imagine it in the UK? The place where every man and his dog has a roller coaster Facebook page posting the same content at the same time 😄

Really excited to see one of these finally materialise. For me, it's the outdoor sections more than anything. I want to see how they can convey the hidden track without giving it away. You can JUST see in the above photos that they're styling it like it's just giant tracks, which is cool.