What's new

To Infinity and The Boardwalk! NL2 Comp

tomahawk

Strata Poster
This is it! Our final addition to Curly Q park! With the newest NL2 update featuring Gerstlauer Infinity coasters, we are taking advantage of the new style!

The mission: Curly Q is looking for one final addition to round out their lineup. Taking inspiration from Iron Shark, they have opted for the new Infinity 2 trains for their new pier coaster!

Rules:
Track MUST NOT go above the teal box (100 feet above the pier)
Track must stay in teal box
Supports may not TOUCH THE WATER
Track can go over water, see^ for supports
Must use prebuilt station, track length to fit is about 30 feet to match up with gates
There is no length requirements
Train length is 2 cars with the Infinity 2 style
You can move the station and change the gate colors. It is listed as Comp Station

Entries will be due Friday, October 2. Either PM or email them to me at bigt12788(at)yahoo.com

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rludv ... lk.nl2park

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm in! Looking forward to trying this out. I've already got a few ideas so hopefully can make them work!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Two things:

1) Is it correct that there's no track in the station at the moment? Are we meant to build a new coaster, or add one to the "Comp Station" track? I'm not very familiar with how this works in NL2.

2) Is it not possible to set the boardwalk as the 'floor' so you can place footers on it? Or are we going to just have to use free nodes at the floor level?

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
I was thinking about your #2 point, Hixee. I don't know of a way to have the footers generate only on the boardwalk, but you could always do a support base-frame like the Eurofighter 320+ models.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Create a new coaster, don't use the station.

In terms of supports, the intention was to either have a grid built on top like those eurofighter had in the past, or free nodes go down to pier and that's it.

In terms of setting it as the floor, the only way I'm aware of having footers on the pier is if the ground is essentially the pier, which isn't the purpose.

So my recommendation is build a grid and have the supports connect that way. Or use box beam and try and pretend those are footers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Cool! Good idea. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll see what I can do.

Jer

Strata Poster
If we wanted to tunnel under or go below the pier a bit, can we edit the pier itself at all?

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Can we go over the edge of the pier as long as the supports & track don't come in contact with the water?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
You can't edit the actual pier, but you can definitely build off pier as long as supports don't touch the water. You can also tunnel under the pier, but you must go off the side of pier, not through.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Per requests from a few, infinity 1 trains are allowed as well, despite looking like ****.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Lol. Why the hell would you want to use them?!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Because people idolize the Kardashians and in a world where that is possible, so is someone liking those train wreck Infinity 1.

Yes that joke was intentional.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm getting there. My track is done, and I'm back halfway through supporting it. It's taking ages though, been a bit too ambitious.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Track work done...until I get mad and change it again because it is too compact.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So is it only going to be Tom and I entering this round? ;)

Just sent in my track, spent an hour or so this evening putting some finishing touches on it and I'm relatively pleased with the result. It's not perfect, but I think it's as good as I'll get! :lol:

Anyone else entering?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I started over again so it may be just you hixee lol.

All joking aside, I know Marc is entering again, so at least it's a three person race.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Yeah, it is! Sorry for any confusion, we were just asking how people were getting on.