What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

Ethan

Strata Poster
Ok, this is purely speculation and I'm probably looking way too deep into things but does anyone think there could be a link between Thorpe's Project Exodus and Towers' Project Horizon? It's just that Thorpe has been continuously using the saying "something epic is on the horizon" in the Exodus teasers. I don't know, maybe Merlin is just going through a phase similar to when a small child finds a new word they like and tries to use it as much as possible...
I'm confident that 'Exodus' is referring to the 45 minute rush to exit the car park each evening so I doubt it tbh

Niles

Giga Poster
Due to heavy rain not to much has happened on the site for a while but recently things have started to appear, with the entrance area having its piles of materials removed so its gotten very open, markers and ground pins have started to pop up round the site for the supports.
IMG_20230421_222632.jpg
IMG_20230421_223143.jpg

Heading up to the outerbank turn area we have more markers and lots of work for the service road and main pad where a crane can be placed to build this beast.

IMG_20230421_224029.jpg
IMG_20230421_222600.jpg
IMG_20230421_222545.jpg
IMG_20230421_222700.jpg

Also here is a closer look at the eagle, i hope the park take care of him. In the image below this is the last bit of logger left on this side of the lake.
IMG_20230421_222530.jpg

This is where loggers goes to on the other side.
IMG_20230421_222615.jpg

Source:

Matt N

CF Legend
According to a recent construction update, land infilling has now begun and the park have received quite a few deliveries. Things appear to be progressing at a decent rate:
The more happens with this, the more excited I get. I was originally a tad disappointed that Thorpe didn't choose more of an overt airtime machine, but as time goes on, I'm growing increasingly convinced that the layout will be excellent and quite unlike anything ever seen before! And to be honest, I think there could be more airtime than I'd previously anticipated, even if the airtime the ride provides isn't "straight airtime" per se.

Flash Shift

Roller Poster
This is probably going to be one of the best rides in the UK even though it's really short. Just like Swarm, that's going to be the thing holding it back. However the UK is **** for building long or tall rides so even getting a second hypercoaster is insane, and it looks like it'll be a lot better than the first that's for sure!

Also Exodus is a cool as **** name, too bad the real name will probably be something weird or lame.

This is probably going to be one of the best rides in the UK even though it's really short.
I've become less worried about the length of this coaster the more I compare it to other rides in the UK. I spent a bit of time playing various "pre-creation" Exodus POVs next to POVs of other popular UK rides (from the top of the lifthill to the final breaks) and Exodus would usually hit the breaks within a few seconds of the other. I know that Planco or NoLimits mockups won't be the same as the real deal but they at least give some indication to what it will be like. I was also surprised to see that both of the Nemeses were slightly shorter in length when compared to most of the Exodus POVs. (Just goes to show that a short coaster, like Nemesis can be just as highly rated as a longer one).

That said, when compared to other similar rides (eg. the current 3 Mack Hypers) Exodus is incredibly short and I do wish that merlin had forked out a bit more money even for just one more big element or something. I don't know, just some food for thought.

catsounds

Mega Poster
Slightly of topic but I think a Mondial Avalanche would be a perfect slammer replacement for the year after Exodus, just to finish off that corner of the park. If it'd fit?

Sandman

Giga Poster
I can't see a new flat immediately after Exodus but thankfully Thorpe aren't as deprived as Towers in that department.

Slightly of topic but I think a Mondial Avalanche would be a perfect slammer replacement for the year after Exodus, just to finish off that corner of the park. If it'd fit?
That would be incredibly cool and I'd love to see it. Plus, Merlin could market it as a world's first (I think, please correct me if one has already been built/is being built).

Heth

Mega Poster
I had a look at the documents.

First thing's first, I love the colour selection. It's a nice change from the typical Merlin palette, and I'm rather pleased.

However, I noted the building elevations in the documents, and it got me a bit worried. It looks like the station will be a pitched roof, timber clad building with limited theming elements, at least based on the information given here.