What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

Ethan

Strata Poster
From what we've seen so far I'd say it looks rather fab, I'm really excited for this. I do hope the outerbank speeds up a little bit (as I'm sure it will) but it already looks great. The twisted airtime hill after the splashdown doesn't look quite as snappy as I thought it would but hard to gauge without being on the thing.

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
Considering it’s only been testing since Tuesday, it already looks like the outer bank has picked up quite a lot of speed compared to its initial runs.

As much as it is short for a hyper, it is still the parks longest coaster and does from the off ride look it, especially right next to Saw, I think personally it will feel akin to original Nemesis’ short but snappy layout.

This video was my recording of what I believe was the third test run of the day, it ended up running a lot faster in later runs as to be expected.

catsounds

Mega Poster
Considering it’s only been testing since Tuesday, it already looks like the outer bank has picked up quite a lot of speed compared to its initial runs.

As much as it is short for a hyper, it is still the parks longest coaster and does from the off ride look it, especially right next to Saw, I think personally it will feel akin to original Nemesis’ short but snappy layout.

This video was my recording of what I believe was the third test run of the day, it ended up running a lot faster in later runs as to be expected.
The element/airtime hill/whatever it is after the drop looks rediculous in the best way

emoo

Hyper Poster
Impossible, that's twice the length of the ride ;):cool:.

Talk about using your time wisely, could that be more that the other coasters combined? If they ever do build that mythical hyper it's got a big record to outdo.

I'm truly surprised this is the longest coaster in the park. I know we can't help ourselves taking jabs and wishing it was longer (see above) but for what it is, so much is achieved.

Matt N

CF Legend
That 15 seconds of airtime is a rather remarkable claim! I can’t help but think that they must be including any element where the rider is weightless, including the hangtime in the likes of the dive loop.

On a separate note, here’s some more recent Hyperia testing footage from Adventure Times UK:
To me, it already looks to be noticeably gaining speed through the latter portions of the layout!
EDIT - This is possibly an even better recent testing video for showing the potential airtime of the ride:
Just look at the force with which the water is thrown out of the dummies on that outerbank in particular! That suggests to me that we could be in for some very good ejector airtime on this!

Last edited:

Berksfan

Roller Poster
Impossible, that's twice the length of the ride ;):cool:.

Talk about using your time wisely, could that be more that the other coasters combined? If they ever do build that mythical hyper it's got a big record to outdo.

I'm truly surprised this is the longest coaster in the park. I know we can't help ourselves taking jabs and wishing it was longer (see above) but for what it is, so much is achieved.
Ooh can someone elaborate on this? Was there plans for another coaster?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Ooh can someone elaborate on this? Was there plans for another coaster?
I think it was said during consultation that it was put out to tender and other manufacturers were invited to submit their own designs / plans, including a B&M hyper. I must confess, I didn’t see or hear that myself during consultations, but I do seem to remember it being mentioned here.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
The B&M hyper shown above was simply another idea for the project. It was included in the main planning application submitted in March 2022 to show an alternative, further highlight the pros of Hyperia's design and also note how Hyperia didn't require the removal of as many things.

ZeroG

Roller Poster
Just look at the force with which the water is thrown out of the dummies on that outerbank in particular! That suggests to me that we could be in for some very good ejector airtime on this!
That's outrageous!

I genuinely cannot believe that in a month we will be able to experience ejector airtime, while upside down, in a lap bar, while ~150 ft in the air.... in the UK.

Huge.