What's new

Surveying occurring at Paultons Park - potential new attraction?

Telc2015

Roller Poster
Now this is interesting! Considering this thread started with surveying in the area and now this information... I look forward to hearing what's in store!

Also, looks like the cinema is gone. Hopefully the space will be used for an indoor ride; but more likely back of house. I believe that whole area is for staff etc.

I’m back there mid December so I’ll see if there’s anything else going on

Bowser

Mega Poster
General park news, they just put in a planning application for Solar carports to go over existing staff and disabled parking. Interesting how many little things they are doing round the park.

That's very cool.

Wish Chessington would do this so i didn't always come back to a car covered in seagull **** 😂

Telc2015

Roller Poster
Was at Paultons on Saturday for their Christmas event. From what I could see from the top of the Velociraptor lift hill, there are some welfare portacabins over on the patch of land behind Edge (near where the substation was put in) and a few shipping containers in the furthest car park (essentially the one that backs on to that plot of land)

Looking at the rough timing of their 3 big builds (PPW open 2011, LK 2016 and TS which was ready to open in 2020 but got delayed a year) I would suspect that 2025/26 could see the next big thing?

Niles

Giga Poster
From what I could see from the top of the Velociraptor lift hill, there are some welfare portacabins over on the patch of land behind Edge (near where the substation was put in) and a few shipping containers in the furthest car park (essentially the one that backs on to that plot of land)

Looking at the rough timing of their 3 big builds (PPW open 2011, LK 2016 and TS which was ready to open in 2020 but got delayed a year) I would suspect that 2025/26 could see the next big thing?

I found a video and yes while hard to make out something has started behind Edge and containers are on site, I hope that whatever they are doing 2025 will be the opening year🤞, if they are now getting started its possible.
1.PNG

Also in the video we can see work continues on next years additions, first the mini flume.
2.PNG
3.PNG

The lemur enclosure is looking good.
4.PNG

And the renovated station is also looking nice.
6.PNG
7.PNG

Source:

Bowser

Mega Poster
Hmm, slightly sceptical about this mini flume now. That looks like the makings of a very small and basic layout without much space for theming but we'll see.

Themeparknewbie01

Roller Poster
Hmm, slightly sceptical about this mini flume now. That looks like the makings of a very small and basic layout without much space for theming but we'll see.
It's a mini log flume... what are you expecting?

I will happily however bet my house on it being better themed than Draytons one. Simply because it is Paultons and they do things well.

Telc2015

Roller Poster
It looks at least on par with the mini flume at Chessington, and I agree they’ll theme it right. I reckon it’ll mark the end of Seal Falls though. What’s the point of keeping it alongside Splash Lagoon?

Bowser

Mega Poster
It looks at least on par with the mini flume at Chessington, and I agree they’ll theme it right. I reckon it’ll mark the end of Seal Falls though. What’s the point of keeping it alongside Splash Lagoon?

I didn't even know this ride existed! Where is it?

It's a mini log flume... what are you expecting?

Ha, i don't know. I guess because they hadn't announced anything i was hoping it would have more of a twist to it. And perhaps it still will.

Telc2015

Roller Poster
Seal Falls is tucked away near the big log flume. It’s in the non themed area. My guess is they’ll get rid of it, give a bit more space for potential redevelopment and maybe retheme the digger ride to fit or get rid of that too as it’s only small. Time will tell

Niles

Giga Poster
The park have shared some pictures of this years additions.

The station has started to go in for the mini flume.

1.jpg

The Lemur enclosure is looking good to go.
2.jpg
3.jpg

And a look inside the new station restaurant,

4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg
Source
Source

I find the upgrade of the restaurant interesting as this area of the park is still "old Paulton's" it does not sit in a themed area, with the new gelato outlet opening last year next door I wonder if we could see the other outlets and attractions get an update in the area over the next few years.
1.jpg

Niles

Giga Poster
A bit soon for another update 😅 but the lift and drop are going in. The watch tower has also gone up and im not sure how high i was expecting, but i was thinking something like Draytons mini flume. This drop looks not to shabby for a little flume.
GEwnM_8XkAA4PLq.jpeg

Theming for the tower? Would be cool if you can go up it.
GEnMvjGW8AASFBp.jpeg
Source

Also just got an email from Paultons about their 2024 additions. Of corse they have the Lemurs, Splash Lagoon and apparently some new shows and characters in Peppa Pig land. But also the restaurant and they have confirmed it will have a steam punk theme.
Screenshot_2024-01-26-20-44-46-65_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Challis76

Roller Poster
It is great to see so much being invested in the park. Though I am not sure that the works behind edge are new attractions but about a new entrance to the park. As a local Totton resident the park is but a stone throw away. I know that there had been issues with local traffic and the position of the existing park entrance causing issues on Romsey rd. some consultation went out about putting a round about on the main road towards Salisbury, which would then have a road come in from the other side of the park this road would in fact run behind those containers sat behind edge. I’m sure there are new attractions coming but I think that this maybe infrastructure amendments taking place

Bowser

Mega Poster
It is great to see so much being invested in the park. Though I am not sure that the works behind edge are new attractions but about a new entrance to the park. As a local Totton resident the park is but a stone throw away. I know that there had been issues with local traffic and the position of the existing park entrance causing issues on Romsey rd. some consultation went out about putting a round about on the main road towards Salisbury, which would then have a road come in from the other side of the park this road would in fact run behind those containers sat behind edge. I’m sure there are new attractions coming but I think that this maybe infrastructure amendments taking place

Not sure if we are lucky but i've not once encountered any traffic going to or from Paulton's, always a pleasure to drive straight in or out compared to other parks, especially Legoland where you're often stuck for 20-30 minutes half a mile away and where we always leave early due to the horror stories.

Niles

Giga Poster

I remember this story, it was from back in March 2022 due to traffic issues caused the previous years summer. Then last year in April the park announced (see here) that the project was shelved with the park stating "After consultation with Hampshire Highways, careful monitoring of traffic throughout 2022, and improvements to the car park entrance and exit, Paultons Park have decided to put the project on hold for the foreseeable future."

That's not however to say they haven't changed their minds and maybe they are reconsidering it. While on recent visits or driving past I have seen no delays like back in 2021 (it was very bad) if the park does keep expanding they will have to at some point in the future, maybe it is back on the table 🤔

Reactions: JMW

Niles

Giga Poster
Testing for Splash Lagoon is underway.

Work continues on Grand Central restaurant.
2.jpg
1.jpg
Source

From this video I cannot see anything happening in the areas Paulton's have planning for but they defiantly are setting up behind Edge.
1708766035973.png
Source

And finally I saw that a planning application has been put in for a 30m telecommunications tower in the car park.
1708766260918.png
1708766304010.png