What's new

Surveying occurring at Paultons Park - potential new attraction?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Hi guys. Theme Park Guide has spotted that surveying has been taking place at Paultons Park:
Could this potentially be the start of a new investment in the Cobra/Edge region of the park? It would be good if it was; that area is one that sticks out as a prime investment location within Paultons, in my opinion.

What do you guys think?
The Manceys confirmed during an interview about Tornado Springs that the next investment will be in that side of the park - this will almost certainly be for something substantial.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
They always have had issues with noise complaints over that side of the park apparently - wouldn't be surprised to see the new investment being a general overhaul of the area with a dark ride or water ride (replacing Raging River?) integrated into that bit.

Or both...?

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
All they need to do is properly theme that area and add a decent water ride.

Given that Paultons' last few additions have all been whole areas, I'd like to see them focus their budget on one extra-well-themed log flume.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Agree with all posts above. Tornado Springs and Lost Kingdom are fab to be in but the side with Cobra etc feel so stagnant and depressing. Honestly I'd be happy with just a heavy retheme but I won't scoff at a new attraction too!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I'll add to the agreedness - they desperately need a new, permanent, well-themed water ride to replace the Reverchon Flume, maybe something from Interlink along the lines of Viking Voyage at Tayto. Or perhaps even an indoor flume ride to kill 2 birds with one stone - I wouldn't complain about having another Valhalla and it would solve the noise complaints issue. Also, heavy theming of the Cobra/Edge area is almost a guarantee IMO, and I can't wait for it.

Matt N

CF Legend
Instead of a whole new water ride, perhaps they could do a Buffalo Falls scenario on Raging River, where they keep the same ride system, but theme it heavily and make it belong within a beautifully themed land?

That way, they would still have a themed water ride, and there would still be room for the main big attraction to be something else. I reckon a dark ride would work well; Paultons currently lacks one, and that would combat the noise issue in that bit of the park.

Niles

Giga Poster
Great news, like @CrashCoaster said this side of the park was stated to see the next investment. As they already have three rides in the area a re-theme makes loads of sense, should save on buying new attractions and draw more people away from the pig spreading them around the park more.

Hopefully there will be at least one new attraction and like said above a well themed long water ride would be a great, while oddly I don't think they need a new coaster, as they worked with Mack the UK first water coaster would be sweet.

Also they have had problems with planning in this area so a dark ride would be great, keeping everyone indoors and not adding to noise levels to much.

Another thing is when might we see the next big expansion? While they have been adding areas and attractions year on year, the bigger ones of Pig, Lost Kingdom, Tornado Springs have had a 5-4 year gap so after Merlin's additions mabey 2025 but I'm getting way way wayyy ahead of myself.

As my home park im excited to see what they will do next, I'm glad it looked like everyone had a great day on the trip recently and I'm very jealous I had to work that weekend.

catsounds

Mega Poster
I know nothing about surveying and just a random thought but isn't that an odd place to be starting considering there'd be no room for a significant attraction in that spot?

GsxVP9BE4kCx.png

If Edge was relocated it opens up a huge space for a flume or rapids though 🧐

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I know nothing about surveying and just a random thought but isn't that an odd place to be starting considering there'd be no room for a significant attraction in that spot?

GsxVP9BE4kCx.png

If Edge was relocated it opens up a huge space for a flume or rapids though 🧐

Edge's relocation or even removal is a valid possibility, I know the park had to fight to keep it in its current location but I think the ride has been showing its age as of late.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I don't know much about surveying either, but they wouldn't usually just survey locations where any potential development would go exactly. They would look at the surrounding areas too, which can help understand if those areas would be affected by the development in any way.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't know much about surveying either, but they wouldn't usually just survey locations where any potential development would go exactly. They would look at the surrounding areas too, which can help understand if those areas would be affected by the development in any way.
Exactly, and the survey might be for things like power/data/drainage/water infrastructure that they either need to avoid/move/install to facilitate a new area.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Thing with Paultons when I visited - I thought they were in the Cusp of becoming a proper theme park, they really need to scrap the go-carts and off-the-shelf log flume and pull together that end of the park and I think they'd be there!

a custom log flume or rapids built with proper landscaping - and I think they'd be there - like the new water ride being built at Family park in Austria or a Hafema rapids - and I know its a cliche but a moderate Woodie would really put them on the map, they need to do a Toverland or Tayto!

Ethan

Strata Poster
Thing with Paultons when I visited - I thought they were in the Cusp of becoming a proper theme park, they really need to scrap the go-carts and off-the-shelf log flume and pull together that end of the park and I think they'd be there!

a custom log flume or rapids built with proper landscaping - and I think they'd be there - like the new water ride being built at Family park in Austria or a Hafema rapids - and I know its a cliche but a moderate Woodie would really put them on the map, they need to do a Toverland or Tayto!
Agreed, although I would say that (in my opinion), the Critter Creek area of the park is also a little lacking, plus the area behind Peppa and Tornado Springs where the little banana boat is feels a little dead too.

But as you said, they have so much potential and I hope they fulfil it, I just wonder how restricted they are in terms of planning permission and heights of infrastructure etc.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
I'd be pleased if it was just theming to be honest, not even a ride. However I did say it would be cool to see a Rapids sharing space with Cobra, that would be brilliant and the theming could form a noise barrier.