What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

cookie

Giga Poster
No more T-bars… wonder if the other early 2000s Intamin hypers could see similar changes once their trains wear out.

Indy

Hyper Poster
Only 5-car trains? Are the individual cars of the new trains longer than the originals?
My gut says probably. The original trains have very thin seatbacks as they only require the shell of the seat and a thin layer of foam. The new trains have much thicker seatbacks given that they have to accommodate the over-the-shoulder lap bars and all of their mechanical components. That almost surely pushes the seats to be relatively farther apart from one another.

I could be wrong though and it might just be something as simple as cost savings. If they don't typically need the sixth car from a capacity standpoint, then they might not feel it necessary to spend the money on an additional car.

RcTmix

Mega Poster
According to this video from Holiday World (also on Screamscape), this season’s Voyage retracking will include some of Gravity Group’s prefabricated, vertical slat track. This will include the first drop and valley, until partway down the second hill.

Some other sections will be retracked using a traditional wooden stack with 8 horizontal layers. Gravity Group are prefabricating layers 1, 7, and 8 of the traditional track, and Holiday World carpenters are building the other 5 layers on site. I don’t know if this “partially prefabricated” technique has been used on any other projects, or if this a new approach. Hopefully someone can chime in with more info?

cookie

Giga Poster
Walibi Belgium will open a new family ride this year. There's no details available on what it actually is or where it'll go, but it will be a separate investment from the new slides going into Aqualibi, a spokesperson for Compagnie des Alps has confirmed.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Walibi Belgium will open a new family ride this year. There's no details available on what it actually is or where it'll go, but it will be a separate investment from the new slides going into Aqualibi, a spokesperson for Compagnie des Alps has confirmed.

The Zamperla?

Matt N

CF Legend
Oakwood Theme Park have announced that Megafobia is receiving a partial Gravity Group retrack: https://www.oakwoodthemepark.co.uk/blog/park-update-2/weve-got-some-mega-news/

The project will see 40% of the coaster retracked, including a retrack of the first and second drops with Gravity Group’s new Vertical Engineered Track. Both drops are also being reprofiled, with the first drop being made steeper.

The “notorious penultimate bend” is also being reprofiled.

The work will be completed in early May and is costing $2m.

I think this is excellent news, myself! A retrack could do absolute wonders for that ride!

cookie

Giga Poster
Revolution at Bobbejaanland is no longer offering VR. While it appears to not have been active for the last few years anyhow (it wasn’t available for me in either 2021 or 2022), the “Mount Mara” version is officially no more, in part due to cost and due to guests vastly preferring the standard version.

Last edited:

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
End of the road for Sherwood Forest Fun Park as it announces it will not be returning for the 2023 season. Children's permanent funfair that operated March-November since 1999.

cookie

Giga Poster
Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster, the famed indoor Mack Wild Mouse at Warner Bros Movie World in Australia, apparently closed last weekend for a ”multi-million dollar upgrade” and won’t re-open before 2024. No details on what these ”upgrades” entail.