What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Also, any business where cryptocurrencies can be exchanged for real money, for instance through the purchase and re-sale of tickets, is going to be used for money laundering. I bet there's going to be a lot more websites and local businesses selling discount tickets to the park now, precisely for that purpose.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I can very much see this just being a publicity stunt, and either does not actually happen, or is quietly stopped a few weeks/months after being introduced...

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Heh, I actually like the very basic concept of an indoor coaster themed to a maze featuring special effects. It's crude yet somehow sounds really neat.

The presentation there with the zones, colours and who knows what else though? Nah mate, no thanks.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Found this interesting - https://www.irishcentral.com/travel/irish-tourist-destinations-google-maps

Google Maps have shared a list of Europe's most searched tourist destinations. In terms of theme parks,Europa Park come in 4th and Energylandia come in 8th.
The Top 10 makes for some interesting viewing too...
  1. Tour Eiffel (France)
  2. Basílica de la Sagrada Família (Spain)
  3. Musée du Louvre (France)
  4. Europa-Park (Germany)
  5. Colosseo (Italy)
  6. Plitvička jezera (Croatia)
  7. Costiera Amalfitana (Italy)
  8. Energylandia (Poland)
  9. Duomo di Milano (Italy)
  10. Camp Nou (Spain)
Not sure how exactly they measure it and what sort of time frame it's over, but still interesting - and a little surprising - all the same.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'd wager a few of those are as a result of the Windows lockscreen wallpaper images. :D

Interesting that those two parks beat out somewhere like Disney - I wonder if that's a fluke on how the data is recorded or if Europa and Energylandia end up being high on "top things to do in Germany/Poland" lists and therefore end up with a lot of searches.

Ps. I haven't read the article. ;)

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Ps. I haven't read the article. ;)
The article itself is fairly useless haha. I linked it because it was the only source I found quickly. But within it, there is a link to a blog post from Google. That is also fairly useless in giving any further insight, beyond this:
Since the beginning of the year, the top-searched European tourist destinations on Google Maps are the Eiffel Tower (France), Sagrada Família (Spain), Louvre Museum (France), Europa-Park (Germany) and Colosseum (Italy).

So we have a time period, but what does "top searched" mean? Who knows.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Could it simply be because "Europa" is the word for Europe in many languages, and many cities have a "Europe park" somewhere? A lot of similar searches for local city parks could add up. It would be like the Hilton hotel chain revealing that their most searched-for hotel is the one in Paris.

Not sure about Energylandia, though. Could be something similar?

cookie

Giga Poster
Primeval Whirl is finally being removed.

primeval-whirl-demolition-2-1867x1400.jpg

Source: