What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

bigmac1789

Roller Poster
Part of a coaster train was spotted outside of Zamperla (Boonton, New Jersey location) and it may look a little awkward. This the exact train Zamperla revealed at IAAPA 2019. But they removed the 4 across and changed it to 2 seats per row.

Attachments

• IMG_9726.jpg
    IMG_9726.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_9727.jpg
    IMG_9727.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 74
  • Baldwin-19-1119_131504-scaled-jpg-768×576-.png
    Baldwin-19-1119_131504-scaled-jpg-768×576-.png
    674.9 KB · Views: 70

Christian

Hyper Poster
this coaster SOMEHOW manages to be a:

unique coaster
intamin knockoff
B&M knockoff

all at the same time...SOMEHOW

With the old Kraken colours.

Except for the obvious B&M track I like it, the layout is indeed original. Two Immelmans, a vertical loup, and the off axis airtime hill. This looks pretty decent. Going from SLC clones to this is a major step. If they continue at this phase I wonder where they will be in 10 years.

Christian

Hyper Poster
Part of a coaster train was spotted outside of Zamperla (Boonton, New Jersey location) and it may look a little awkward. This the exact train Zamperla revealed at IAAPA 2019. But they removed the 4 across and changed it to 2 seats per row.

Maybe they temporarily removed the outer seats to fit it inside a shipping container? A standard shipping container is 2352mm wide on the inside, so it should fit. Maybe to send it back to Italy? The mounts and screws are left for the outer seats.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Never ridden one of those slingshot rides and don't plan to.

I feel like I've seen more videos of them going wrong than any other ride type.

CoasterGoji_501

Roller Poster
With the old Kraken colours.

Except for the obvious B&M track I like it, the layout is indeed original. Two Immelmans, a vertical loup, and the off axis airtime hill. This looks pretty decent. Going from SLC clones to this is a major step. If they continue at this phase I wonder where they will be in 10 years.
for all we know jinma rides could be the next heavy hitter in the amusement industry

Ethan

Strata Poster
It also makes me wonder about the future of Falcon's Fury.
I imagine Falcon's Fury will be there for a while, don't think there's anything wrong with it, unless it's down a lot?

Apocalypse was on it's last legs, had been for years. I'm not sure about the reliability of Mach Tower but I've heard it, along with the other Moser towers, isn't great in terms of ride experience anyway.

I imagine Falcon's Fury will be there for a while, don't think there's anything wrong with it, unless it's down a lot?

Apocalypse was on it's last legs, had been for years. I'm not sure about the reliability of Mach Tower but I've heard it, along with the other Moser towers, isn't great in terms of ride experience anyway.
It was down when I was there in June irritatingly. 😞

davidm

Strata Poster
Saw this the other day, head creative of Universal (Thierry Coup) is taking / has been pushed into taking early retirement.

Strange, given how on the up and up Universal have been for the last few years - well apart from a few duds in Universal Studios Florida - but on the up on balance I'd have thought?

Indy

Hyper Poster
Strange, given how on the up and up Universal have been for the last few years - well apart from a few duds in Universal Studios Florida - but on the up on balance I'd have thought?
I have two guesses for the early retirement offers:

1. It's a savings game. These older, more tenured executives cost a lot of money.

2. Younger, potentially more creative minds. Most of the older generation in the amusement industry did not yearn to join the industry. Instead, they essentially fell into it. There are a lot of people who came over from non-related industries because they were looking for a change and the job sounded interesting. More and more, the industry workforce is being filled with people who dreamed of working in the industry and are very passionate about it. There are now a lot of people in this position who now have substantial work experience in the industry. These people can potentially provide a more modern, creative approach in all facets of the design, build, and operations process.

Christian

Hyper Poster
I have two guesses for the early retirement offers:

1. It's a savings game. These older, more tenured executives cost a lot of money.

2. Younger, potentially more creative minds. Most of the older generation in the amusement industry did not yearn to join the industry. Instead, they essentially fell into it. There are a lot of people who came over from non-related industries because they were looking for a change and the job sounded interesting. More and more, the industry workforce is being filled with people who dreamed of working in the industry and are very passionate about it. There are now a lot of people in this position who now have substantial work experience in the industry. These people can potentially provide a more modern, creative approach in all facets of the design, build, and operations process.

I don't think it's the first option, it just doesn't make sense. In the greater scheme of things the difference in salary is peanuts.

The second option is likely. Especially if they have already headhunted someone for the job. For that new person to be able to take the job they need to get rid of the old.

Third option I can think of is this executive needing to make an exit for whatever reason. Things such as inappropriate behaviour, personality issues, social issues, work issues, etc. If that's the case it's in neither of the parties interest to go public with the actual problems. Therefore early retirement is a briliant way to spin it.

Those are my guesses.

cookie

Giga Poster
The revamped Ringsheim/Europa Park train stop was officially inaugurated yesterday, with a TGV train docking at the station at 3:30 P.M. As part of making the resort more accessible to visitors from France, a TGV train will run daily from Paris Gare d'Est at 12:49 P.M. and take 2 hours and 43 minutes to arrive at Ringsheim. This route will go into service when Europa Park re-opens for the summer season in March 2023.

europa-park-ed-euromaus-bahnhof-620x350.jpg

According to Michael Mack, Europa draws about 25% of its annual visitors from France, and he hopes they'll grow that number to 30% with the new station. The park is looking to hit 6 million visitors this year, becoming the first European park outside of Disney to do so.

1200x680_tgveuropapark.jpg

tgveuropapark2.jpg

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
As part of making Europa Park more accessible for international visitors, TGV trains are now arriving at Ringsheim station all the way from Paris. The first train docked at the station yesterday at 3:30 P.M. A train will run daily from Paris Gare d'Est at 12:49 P.M. and take a little over 2 1/2 hours to arrive at Ringsheim.
Hopefully also the trains within Germany are being updated. It could be updated to IC or even ICE trains in Germany.
Now with on the last part only regional trains, it takes around 4hours to go from Cologne to Ringsheim.

Efteldingus

Mega Poster
Today Toverland welcomed their 1.000.000th visitor for this year, a great achievement for the family owned park. Their previous highest number of visitors in a year was 862.000 (2019), so they absolutely smashed that record this year. Yay Toverland!

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Today Toverland welcomed their 1.000.000th visitor for this year, a great achievement for the family owned park. Their previous highest number of visitors in a year was 862.000 (2019), so they absolutely smashed that record this year. Yay Toverland!

So happy for them hopefully Avalon expansion and a bigger winter event will push them significantly higher