What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Boodangy

Mega Poster
They still have them at Disneyland Paris too, opened in 1992. It surprises me more from an air quality point of view that anything, you can really smell the petrol fumes on the ride. No word on replacing them at Paris 🤔.
I mean, isn't the entirety of Paris just completely covered in cigarette smoke anyway? I doubt you notice a little car exhaust in the mix.

cookie

Giga Poster
PortAventura is adding a Single Rider line to Furius Baco.

GLiPczKXAAAvBDr

GLiPczZXoAAzSle

Graeme

Roller Poster
I think the Vekoma family coasters are about the best, aren't they? Nice to see them still building plenty of full-circuit ones and not just the shuttles.

cookie

Giga Poster
Plopsa Coo has announced that the park will be investing €280,000 in replacing all of their gas-powered go-kart vehicles with electric ones. The park didn’t state a timeframe for this change, but the current karts will only run until the end of the operating season.

Meanwhile, Efteling has also made green pledges on this day, including investing a hefty sum in converting their steam locomotives to electric-powered ones. The first of these converted trains will enter service this winter.

Last edited:

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Plopsa Coo has announced that the park will be investing €280,000 in replacing all of their gas-powered go-kart vehicles with electric ones. The park didn’t state a timeframe for this change, but the current karts will only run until the end of the operating season.

Meanwhile, Efteling has also made green pledges on this day, including investing a hefty sum in converting their steam locomotives to electric-powered ones. The first of these converted trains will enter service this winter.

Europa did something similar with the Panorama Bahn but tbf these were never steam/coal fires to begin with
Hope they do them justice

davidm

Strata Poster
Not sure when this happened (nor where to post it, so here will do), but the fabulous coast2coaster site has added new filters to the map options, so you can (for example) just show wooden coasters if that's something that you'd like to do...

1713872453619.png

all filter options are selected "on" so you just de-select the things you don't want to see (the "old" filters let you exclude alpines/bobs pretty easily but not other coaster "types").

1713872189112.png
I'd asked the developer (via the site-feedback) for this functionality about 7 years ago, so this made me happy. :)